Anti Panthic Activity At Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Nottingham

Bahadur_Bahadur

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfathe Paryo Sangat,

Whilst I regularly read this website, I have to on this occasion respond ! I studied at Nottingham and now work there. I go to this Gurdwara as it is my nearest Gurdwara –however, other local Gurdwarae have much better programmes. I wish to say the following about this discussion:

• PRAKASH: Prakash of one and only Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. No more. No Poothi pathe should take place at the same time as prakash for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. THIS IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN THE REHAT MARYADA OF THE AKAL TAKHT. This is not a discussion point. Just because Gurdwarae in India do it or people have been doing it for years does not make it right. Anyone promoting the recital of more than one Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is promoting anti-Gurmat practices and is for financial gains only. There is no spiritual gain

The mere act of reading bani that is not being listened to just doesn't make sense ! It is a gimmick to host multiple Akand Paaths which is associated with Dera type setups. People should be ashamed of themselves for endorsing the multiple recital of Gurbani when clearly our Gurus have told us 'prakash of one and only one Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji'

• GRANTHIS: This Gurdwara in Nottingham has been managed by monae for decades. They are all inter-related. They know diddly squat about Sikhi –I asked President Johal whether he knew the 10 Gurus names or better still knew the Ardas and he just looked the other way and walked off!. They deliberately recruit weak so called Granthis to do the Sikhi prachaar and instruct them on their personal belief system (which is zero when it comes to Sikhi). The Granthis need to be told they are promoting anti Gurmat practices and booted out. They are not Granthis. Again they do not wish to challenge the status quo because they are to gain financial benefit

• WALKWAY: This Gurdwara was approved funding for an iconic Sikh Centre by the council. With their Hindu business mates and congesi contacts they turned it into an Indian Community Centre. Shame on these committewalae. This Indian Community Centre host meat and shraab type events. Now they have a hair brain idea to create a walkway between the Gurdwara and Indian Community Centre so that attendees of the Centre can leave their broken motor cars in the Gurdwara car park whilst they partake in anti-Gurmat jooloos. Makes me sick !

• GUMAT: These monae monkeys installed the Gumat over the shoe area instead of over the Sri Guru Granth Sahib –wakey, wakey Granthi Sahib where you asleep when they put it together !

• PANJAB RADIO: Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is they do a great service for the Sikh world according to the Rehat Maryada of the Akal Takht

These monae committewalae make me really, really angry !!!! How dare they hold positions of trust and spiritual cohesion.

I'm of to do some naam simran now to calm myself down.

Baul chuk maaf carnaie

Gurfathe

We who are of low avasta only see things on the physical level, we cannot see past this. This is the reason why we cannot see the need to do more then 1 akhand paath at the same time, because we see it only on a physical level.

When we do nitname the ideal way to do it is to recite bani through your surat, that is not loud but in your mind. This does not mean that since it is not said out alound it has no meaning, infact it has more meaning. Gurbani is not just a physical thing, it resonates through the ether, it reaches parts nothing else can, it vibrates time and space. It reaches Satch Khand. In the same way when 5 akahnd paaths are being done, one pathi recites aloud for the benefit of the sangat, the other four recite it in their minds and it benefits the jaggat. Make no mistake, the bani recited never ever goes birthi, never, it benefits in more ways then we could ever know.

Akal Takhat maryadha form what I recal still has no definate stand on meat.

Punjab radio is a waste of time, they have their own agenda.

Excellent response bundha.

As said there is nothing anti gurmat in having more then one akhand path sahib happening.

Even if people wish to look at the so called akal takhat maryada,maybe they need to visit the akal takhat sahib. Last time i was there on the first floor there were 2 parkash's of guru granth sahib ji one on each side of the takhat (as well as the main parkash downstairs), both were being read, not sure if these were akhand paths that were happening.

On top of this there were countless akhand path's happening alll around the parkirama.

Now then what do we have to say about this? Is this anti gurmat as well?

• 1 year later...

i read somewhere that Guru Gobind Singh had done Akhand Paath at Damdama Sahib after completion of Guru Sahib.....

yes

guru ji dun 2 akhand paats.

both had japji sahib at the side..

this is y that japji sahib on the side of guru maharaaj akhand paat is maryada.

gurfateh jeeos