Sikh's Will Become Hindus Again?

Sikhi is increasing and also decreasing at same time..

girls becoming to western in western countries and eloping wiv non-sikhs. boys/girls cutting hair and into drinking/drugs.. youth in punjab: very sad.. more than 75% of Punjabi youth is on drugs... in my own family, i have many cousins, about 10 of the 40 cut their hair in the past 7 years... now there are about 6 keshdhari cousins left of all my family...

on the other hand i'm seeing new youngsters (more partic. in uk and canada) wearing bana n becoming guru ke singh(ni)

But for me there are more people leaving sikhi than joining it.. It seems to be equal because of the newer ones wearing nihang bana and stuff but the truth is still that more people are leaving sikhi...

anyways, my life is for panth.. i've decided it.. i'll setup some organisation (jathas murdabad) and preach sikhi :)

and hopefully waheguru may bless me, and i may succeed in setting up a succesfull sikh org...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree with Harjeet.Singh ji, education is very important. Unless someone knows about what they are missing, they can never know. Having said that, kids should also be allowed to question, and they should be given pointers to the right answers (in accordance with gurbani). I think human being is like a spring, the more u press it down the more it will bounce back. I've seen some really bebaki sikhs do that to their kids, forcing them into dharam, that's where we have the revolt brewing. As much as we love sikhi, we should also realise that some people just done have in their karm to be gursikhss, old sins from previous life or present. Matt should be given, but if still nothing comes out of it, then it should be clear the persons karms are not right and that he is not worthy of wearing crown on his/her head.

I kind of got carried away so forgive ne if I've said abything inapprpriate or have hurt anybodys feelings.

Charhdi kala ch raho mere singh veero te pehno!

harvey1 are you even Sikh with a avtar like that?

What's wrong with his avatar? It's a depiction of a story told in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.........

Back on topic: the Khalsa will never die, even if sava lakh are left, it will always be in Chardi Kala!!!!

What's wrong with his avatar? It's a depiction of a story told in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.........

Back on topic: the Khalsa will never die, even if sava lakh are left, it will always be in Chardi Kala!!!!

:goodpost:

prehalaadh pat(h)aaeae parran saal ||

Prahlaad was sent to school.

sa(n)g sakhaa bahu leeeae baal ||

He took many of his friends along with him.

mo ko kehaa parrhaavas aal jaal ||

He asked his teacher, ""Why do you teach me about worldly affairs?

maeree patteeaa likh dhaehu sree guopaal ||1||

Write the Name of the Dear Lord on my tablet.""||1||

nehee shhoddo rae baabaa raam naam ||

O Baba, I will not forsake the Name of the Lord.

maero aour parrhan sio nehee kaam ||1|| rehaao ||

I will not bother with any other lessons. ||1||Pause||

sa(n)ddai marakai kehiou jaae ||

Sanda and Marka went to the king to complain.

prehalaadh bulaaeae baeg dhhaae ||

He sent for Prahlaad to come at once.

thoo raam kehan kee shhodd baan ||

He said to him, ""Stop uttering the Lord's Name.

thujh thurath shhaddaaoo maero kehiou maan ||2||

I shall release you at once, if you obey my words.""||2||

mo ko kehaa sathaavahu baar baar ||

Prahlaad answered, ""Why do you annoy me, over and

prabh jal thhal gir keeeae pehaar ||

God created the water, land, hills and mountains.

eik raam n shhoddo gurehi gaar ||

I shall not forsake the One Lord; if I did, I would be going against my Guru.

mo ko ghaal jaar bhaavai maar ddaar ||3||

You might as well throw me into the fire and kill me.""||3||

kaadt kharrag kopiou risaae ||

The king became angry and drew his sword.

thujh raakhanehaaro mohi bathaae ||

"Show me your protector now!"

prabh thha(n)bh thae nikasae kai bisathhaar ||

So God emerged out of the pillar, and assumed a mighty form.

haranaakhas shhaedhiou nakh bidhaar ||4||

He killed Harnaakhash, tearing him apart with his nails. ||4||

oue param purakh dhaevaadhh dhaev ||

The Supreme Lord God, the Divinity of the divine,

bhagath haeth narasi(n)gh bhaev ||

for the sake of His devotee, assumed the form of the man-lion.

kehi kabeer ko lakhai n paar ||

Says Kabeer, no one can know the Lord's limits.

prehalaadh oudhhaarae anik baar ||5||4||

He saves His devotees like Prahlaad over and over again. ||5||4||

hmm I was just about to say, that is actually an avatar linked with a story in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and it isn't really to do with hinduism or other religions although they might know of it.

Also few lines dedicated to Bhagat pralad come in start of Rehiraas sahib aswell.

vjKK vJkF

Sikhi is coming back from the west like a storm!!

Not really, true Sikhi is still strongest in India - you just have to know where to look. Also, contrary to the popular conceptions of a particular jatha, Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Sri Dasam Granth wrote that the Khalsa Raj will spread from East to West, not West to East as some people believe!

Sikhi is coming back from the west like a storm!!

Not really, true Sikhi is still strongest in India - you just have to know where to look. Also, contrary to the popular conceptions of a particular jatha, Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Sri Dasam Granth wrote that the Khalsa Raj will spread from East to West, not West to East as some people believe!

Which composition and which lines (and page)?

BTW, im not of that jatha for your information.

And there isnt much Sikhi left in India.. Only places where Sikhi is strong are Jammu Kashmir areas, Nander, Nihang Deras and some other places..

regardless, soon the numbers of Singh(ni)s will rise in India and the world!

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

excuse me for going off topic slightly but veer ji who said:

"anyways, my life is for panth.. i've decided it.. i'll setup some organisation (jathas murdabad) and preach sikhi"

I thought Sikhi is the one religion which does not preach! fair enough i believe sanagat is a powerful attribute to our faith, but preaching would imply converting, forgive me, there is a tuk relating to this which i picked up in a katha, but due to my further ignorance i do not remember the tuk or the kath vajick

regarding another veer's comment re: sikhi will come in force from east to west, currently it may well be stronger in the west and not so much in the east - but we do not know how wuickly the tables will turn and sikhi may become stronger in the east in time. We don not know which time frame this is reffering to, and may be many many generations following our departure

just my two pence