Dancing?

Pheena

I wish and only hope that some of you reach to such an extacy of Anand in your life, that there is nothing left but to dance. When the Un-struck sound vibrates within you, and if the desire is there to dance, i wonder if your mind will remain at that time which will try to stop you.

Dance in Extacy, dance without the mind, Dance for the sake of Dancing. Don't dance with the mind, dance with your heart and soul. Dance with freedom. just Dance.

Page 124, Line 19 -- Guru Amar Das

gurmuiK gwvY gurmuiK nwcY hir syqI icqu lwvixAw ]1] rhwau ]

The Gurmukhs sing, the Gurmukhs dance, and focus their consciousness on the Lord. ||1||Pause||

Has any Gursikh danced with masti, not in the Masti that the world of Maya dances with, but with the masti of their Infinite beloved. Rejoice in his Anand. Scream out his name, run around for he has found me. If my joy makes me dance, then so it will make me dance. Joy one feels when he/she meets someone they have not seen for a long time, their joy is so great that they are on the brink of Dancing. Sufi Mystics danced. If i can pray for my beloved, if i can laugh with my beloved, if i can share my life with my beloved, why can i not dance with my beloved? Is it a Sin to Dance?? I am not saying go out to you gurudwara and start to dance when playing kirtan....It is not something to be done, it happens and only when somet

hing spontaneously happens is it without the mind. Where the mind is involved do you think about the right moves or where my hands should be....but when dancing is happening, the dancer is lost and only the dancing is just happening, you no longer become the doer. The dancer and the dance become ONE then it does not matter where your hands are or what posture you are in........rejoicing in Extacy can not be controlled, but just flow.....

But not everyone will experience the same extacy. One cannot understand the relation one can have with their Guru until they have experienced that relationship and lived it. It is beyond words, rules or regulations. It is the relationship of LOVE....love is just love. Love is not a set of directions...love cannot be define. Love is an Experssion of the endless rejoicing and if one dances in that love, is it wrong? If you think it is, then you have missed the whole point of my post.

Dancing is wrong in the sense that when it is done for Maya..then the same dancing is done for and with the desire of maya ie: dancing with lust.

Page 122, Line 3 -- Guru Amar Das

mwieAw kwrix ipV bMiD nwcY dUjY Bwie duKu pwvixAw ]6]

For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. ||6||

Waheguru

I also wanted to mention that there is another type of Dancing, the Dancing of the World, the Actions we do are a form of dancing....the whole universe is dancing with the beloved in the sirgun form.

Your Mind Dances with thoughts. What isn't a Dance, this whole world is a Dance. The whole world is dancing...............................................

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

our mind dances, it becomes overjoyed

guru je aint saying get up and start beating the dhol and start bhanga :umm:

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think its not the bhangra thingi.I have heard that people actually start dancing with extreme joy sometimes, but I never heard of a "GURSIKH" doin this.

Guest mehtab

some hindus dance during their keertan...they have tears in their eyes and are lost in the love of God...i dont think it is funny and dont see anything wrong in it but yes in Sikhi i m not sure if all this is allowed...and i think ppl have had the chance to post Gurbani tuks that are against dancing.

Sat Sri Akal:

Shiite traditions allow for it. Turkey has the Whirling Dervishes, who consider their spinning dance a meditation in itself, as well as some Muslims in Pakistan (Shiite I think) who are also seen dancing in the streets as a meditation to the Almighty.

Can't comment...still a manmukh.

sorry khalistani veer....

you just told us your interpretation of that gurbani line....please let us know that it's your interpretation instead of telling us that is how it is....

secondly...i have seen many gurmukhs do this...

sometimes just get up and start dancing and saying a tuk from gurbani that has really gotten to them...like an arrow striking the very core of the being....and you should see it..the radiance on their face...it's insane....

we have to remember...that when we get that spark of guru ji's love...we as individuals all have different ways of physically manifesting that spark...whether it's jumping up and dancing...whether is deep silence....anything....it's all good...

sorry khalistani veer....

you just told us your interpretation of that gurbani line....please let us know that it's your interpretation instead of telling us that is how it is....

secondly...i have seen many gurmukhs do this...

sometimes just get up and start dancing and saying a tuk from gurbani that has really gotten to them...like an arrow striking the very core of the being....and you should see it..the radiance on their face...it's insane....

we have to remember...that when we get that spark of guru ji's love...we as individuals all have different ways of physically manifesting that spark...whether it's jumping up and dancing...whether is deep silence....anything....it's all good...

Totally agreed with u veer ji!!