Red And Yellow Thread?

Dukh Nivaran

I have seen many Sikhs wearing this red and yellow thread on their wrists, mainly in England. What does this thread symbolize?

bhaji, to be totally honest, i have no idea

but i have heard rumours that professor surinder singh da tanti saj teacher makes you tie a tagha round your wrist to show

you belong to him. i dont know if this is true or what.

but it may be a clue

I have seen many Sikhs wearing this red and yellow thread on their wrists, mainly in England. What does this thread symbolize?

lol i think its a punjabi thing tied on everyone present on ppls maiya-where they rub haldhi and stuff on bride or grooms face and arms before their wedding

iv asked ppl that wear it. they say it protects them from bad stuff. maybe nazzar??????

but either way, its nuffin to do with sikhi!

weirdo hindu rituals!

iv also coma accross somone who has beed to a pakhandi baba and he gave that thing to wear round his rist and summin to eat, i imajined it to be a patasa like substance.

maybe some sort or sehej dhari thing??????????

ppl want both sides of the coin. dont wana grow their kesh and become guru wale and jus wana do 'mata ji pooja' (durga/kali ma) and such things..

but if they try, thas good!! jus gota tel em next that sikhi sez.... this and that...

i.e. guru gobind singh saying that taweed aint gona keep ya! kharag chuk!!!

namaskaar sri kharag ko!!

Could still be an old raki lol. Regardless why should we care what people wear and do.

Are we not meant to be torrent of all religions and cultures ?.

Someone quote "weirdo hindu rituals!", to us it might seem weird but to others it is what they believe in. Think we should respect that and carry on with our own lives. Am sure to non Sikhs some of our customs seem very weird. But thats what makes us different we Respect all people and their customs. Well in theory we should be but seems like a lot of members have forgotten that. Oh well!

Also "wannab Alki" parji, i know your only trying to help the topic starter, but "you heard" is not factual, such rumours can cause problems with in the community. Rumours are a form of gossip.