Sant Gurbachan Singh Je and Sant Sujaan Singh Ji

Singh47

I have translated this from Anand Chamatkar 4th volume, 13th sub-volume, and the middle of chaper 2. Anand Chamatkar is the official biography of Baba Nand Singh Jee of Nanaksar.

This story is about the dealings of Sant Sujaan Singh Jee and Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala. The first part of this chapter can be found on the following link.

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...t=ST&f=3&t=2924

--------------------------------------------

Sant Sujan Singh Jee, who had received the priceless gift of kirtan from Baba Jee (Nand Singh Jee) left with the sangat from Amritsar to go on a Yatra to Paunta Sahib on the occasion of Hola Mahala in order to spread the fragrance of kirtan. At the time, the author was also present with Sant Jee. Sant Sujaan Singh Jee arrived at Paunta Sahib at about 2:00 am, two days before Hola Mahala. Kirtan imbued Gursikhs, Mukhi Coudhary Jeevan Singh and Sardar Atma Singh Jee Lohay-Walay had booked time for Amritvela from the Gurdwara committee at the Takht Sahib, which would correspond with Punya (full-moon).

The Granthi of Takht Sahib was a vidhyarthi (student) of Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala, who also happened to be staying there doing Katha. Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee found out that Sant Sujan Singh Jee would be doing kirtan early in the morning. He knew that Katha and Kirtan from any scholar would have little or no effect on the sangat after Sant Sujaan Singh Jee’s kirtan, meaning the sangat just gets up and leave. Because of this reason, Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala persuaded the Granthi to cancel Sant Su

jan Singh Jee’s kirtan program. But no one informed Sant Sujaan Singh Jee of this cancellation. At Amritvela, another Raagi Jatha started doing kirtan. The sevedars of Sant Sujaan Singh Jee told the Raagi Jatha “right now it is Sant Sujaan Singh Jee’s time to do kirtan” to which the Raagis replied “The Granthi Sahib has ordered us to do kirtan”.

A Singh went and brought the Granthi to clear the misunderstanding. Sant Sujaan Singh Jee asked for an explanation, to which the Granthi answered “Two to three Jathas have also arrived, you will have to share time with them, and get 10-15 minutes of kirtan time. You cannot expect to have all the time to yourself”.

Sant Jee replied “But the committee has promised us the time”. The Granthi responded “the committee is all asleep. They do no know anything of what goes on in here, I am in charge of the entire Darbar not them”.

After hearing this from the Granthi, Sant Sujaan Singh Jee bowed in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and left the Darbar. Coming outside, he said to the sangat, “Bhai, today is punya (full moon), time is running out for Amritvela kirtan. Find a quiet place where we can do kirtan and nitnem. Sant Jee began walking on the banks of the Yamuna River, where he spotted a platform that also had a roof on top. Sant Sujaan Singh Jee liked the way it looked, and ordered that the kirtan instruments be brought there. Sitting in a posture, Sant Jee started the kirtan. The sangat was instantly attracted and began sitting around him. When any Singh came to the Takht on a pilgrimage, he would just bow, but leave the Gurdwara immediately and sit in the sangat to listen to Sant Sujan Singh Jee’e kirtan. Countless sangat surrounded Sant Jee. Meanwhile the Gurdwara was empty, only the Raagis were present doing kirtan. When the committee came to the Gurdwara, they were shocked to find little or no sangat, and very little chaRawa (offerings). When they saw Sant Jee’s kirtan, they were again distressed to see the countless sangat, an

d large sums of (monetary) offerings. They immediately called the Granthi and asked for an explanation. The Granthi trying to hide the true reason replied, “Two more Raagi Jathas have arrived, and they pressured me to give them kirtan time, that is why I was forced to give them some time”.

The committee was furious, and scolded the Granthi saying “Granthi Jee, you are responsible for causing a huge loss for the Gurdwara”.

They immediately went to Sant Sujaan Singh Jee while he was doing kirtan. There, they requested him to do kirtan in the Gurdwara Sahib by saying “Please forgive us, the Granthi acted on his own when he stopped you from doing kirtan”. Sant Sujaan Singh Jee replied “You shall not talk during Kirtan, and neither I am going to stop kirtan and leave immediately. We will discuss this matter after the kirtan is over.” The committee did as told and stayed quiet until kirtan was over. Meanwhile, Sant Sujaan Singh Jee took his time, and did as much kirtan as he desired. After the kirtan the committee came to Sant Jee and politely requested him to do kirtan at the Gurdwara, and to forgive them of what has happened in the past.

Sant Sujaan Singh Jee answered “I do not mind doing kirtan at the Gurdwara, I only require to do nitnem twice a day. When someone tries to stop us, we will just leave and do our nitnem somewhere else. I have been ordained by Baba Jee (Nand Singh Jee) to feed the sangat in the form of kirtan in the presence of Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak will just arrange for my food.”

“Friends, today is Punya (full-moon) tomorrow is Hola-Mahala, so please let us know of your decision. If you have given time to other Raagi Jathas and expect us to share time with them, then we will just leave and do punya kirtan separately. If you want to give us time to do kirtan, then we will start and end kirtan at midnight as we please. If you are going to interfere then tell us right now, and if you are not, then also tell us that right now.”

The committee discussed

this matter amongst them and came to the decision that they will not interfere with Sant Sujaan Singh Jee’s program to which Sant Jee expressed his agreement. Sant Jee started the afternoon divaan, by preparing a stage in front of the Gurdwara. The kirtran started soon after, by first reciting Rehras Sahib. By playing the “Chaan”, Sant Jee read a Shabad in Raags. Then the second Shabad was started.

Dhaarna- GUR KI MURAT, MAN MAH DHIAN|| GUR KAE SHABAD, MANTAR MAN MAAN|| GUR KAE CHARN RIDHAY,LAY DHARO|| GUR PARBRAHAM, SADA MANASKARO||1||MAT KO BHARM BHULAE SANSAR|| GUR BIN KOE N UTRAS PAAR||

1st, Praman-ANTER GURU ARADHNA, JEHVA JAP GUR NOW|| NETRI SATGUR PEKNA, SARVANI SUN’NA GUR NOW||

2nd. PRAB KAE CHARN MANN MAHE DHIAN|| SAGAL TEERATH MAJAN ISHNAN||

3rd. SIMAR SIMAR KATAY SAS ROGE|| CHARN DHIAN SARB SUKH BHOG

4th. GUR KE BACHAN RIDHAY DHIAN DHARI|| RASNA JAAP JAPO BANVARI||

5th. HAR KAY CHARN, JAP JAO QURBAN|| GUR MERA PARBRAHM PARMESUR, TAKA HIRDHAE DHUR MANN DHIAN||

(like this Sant Sujaan Singh Jee did kirtan of four more shabads)

By doing kirtan in his order of shabads, the sangat enjoyed kirtan rass. But why wouldn’t they have rass? The treasure of kirtan was given by Samrath Guru Jee himself. Just as a well gives fresh water, similarly no matter how much bani you read, with Baba Jee’s blessings rass is as fresh as ever. After these shabads, Sant Jee began addressing the sangat. “Concentrate on the moorti (picture, portrait) of Guru Nanak. To study the Lord, concentrate on the portrait of the Guru. Today many misinterpret bani and say that keeping of moorat (picture) is “buth prastee” (idol worship). One should concentrate on the soorat (figure) rather than moorat (portrait). But if Sahib says:

GUR KI SURAT MAN MEH DHIAN||

Then what was the need to say “moorat”? But s

adh-sangat, Satguru Jee has given the meaning that “one should concentrate on the moorat of the Guru”. One should also worship the lotus feet of the Guru. Only the Guru’s hukam is the mantar. Obeying the hukam is the root source.

Bhai Gurdas Jee says “I am telling the truth. Until the Jagyasoo obeys these commands of the Guru, he cannot get jeevan mukhti. Jamdoots cannot see one who concentrates on the moorat.

(Sri mukwak 1356-19)

CHARNHAR BIND BHAJANANG, NAAM DHARNEH|| KIRTAN SADH SANGAT SANGAN NANAK NEH DHRISTANT JAM DHOOTNEH||

Even bullets cannot touch one who concentrates (on moorat). Sikhs have concentrated on Guru Nanak. When Kalgidar Patshah (Guru Gobind Singh Ji) wanted to test his shield, he aimed at it. But when Guru Jee saw the image of Guru Nanak in his mind, the gun immediately fell from his hands. Hazur (Guru Jee) said, “Can I shoot at Guru Nanak?”. When Rani Tara made a request (without saying a word), Sant Jee found out immediately in his mind.

The fourth Patshah, Guru Ramdas Jee using his spiritual powers put a “kuRta” on the third Guru who was far away in Lahore. Then on his way to Goindwal, he offered a mango. During the period of the fifth Guru, a Gursikh Bibi (using her spiritual powers) arrived everyday from Kabul, where she did kar-seva till day break, and left at night. Similarly, when Dala failed after he was being tested, two Sikhs volunteered. But seeing the Sikhi sroop of the Sikhs, Guru jee put down his gun and lovingly embraced them. Sant Sujaan Singh Jee did kirtan on the occasion of Hola-Mahala and poornmashi in such as way that it cannot be described in writing. Hearing the kirtan, the sangat was brought to tears.

JO HAR PRAB KA DAE SUNEHA, TIS MANN TANN APNA DEVA||

Kirtan ended at 12 midnight. At Amritvela, kirtan was again resumed and the sangat was delighted. Later, the committee gave a saropa and the kirtan offerings to Sant Sujaan Singh Jee. Seeing the kirtan offerings Sant Jee sa

id “I have come here to pardon my sins from Kalgidar Patshah, which is why I cannot accept these offerings. Whenever you invite me, you can offer me anything to your discretion and I will accept it.” Saying this, Sant Jee gave back the offerings. This incident had a deep effect on both the committee and the sangat. Sant Jee was praised by all.

Seeing all this praise of Sant Sujaan Singh Jee did not sit too well with Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala. The reason is because for the last 2-3 days Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala’s katha was stopped. Furthermore, the conspiracy that Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee hatched in order to stop Sant Sujaan Singh Jee from doing kirtan did not succeed either. Although he tried his best, running out of all options he could not succeed.

SAR KUTAVLI-AISA KO NA JANMAIO JAG MAHI||PRABH PAE JAS MAD NAHI||

After some time he (Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji) did get together with Baba Ishar Singh Jee when they would attempt at convincing the committee to change the Mangla-Charan of Guru Granth Sahib, but Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindrawala also feared Baba Ishar Singh Jee. The reason is because Baba Ishar Singh Jee was the type of person who would speak very directly without any fear of consequences.

Part three of his chapter coming soon....

-----------------------------

NOTE: I do not support the views of this story. I translated this from Anand Chamatkar which is the official Nanaksar biography of Baba Nand Singh Jee. I respect Sant Gurbachan Singh jee very dearly. I just translated this because it seems to be a strange story.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Je Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh

Anand Chamatkar is written by Gurmukh Singh is it not?

This same Gurmukh was called before Sri Akaal Takht Sahib for his writings. After refusing to show, he and his writings where boycotted from the Panth.

So would quoting from his works not be any different then quoting and propogating views from such modern day tankhayeeaa who follow the same suit such as Kalaa Afgaana?

This Gurmukh SIngh is the Hazuri Raagi and one of the closest companions of Baba Nand Singh Jee. His views written in his books are supported and propagated by Nanaksar. Furthermore, his books were even approved and blessed by Sant Ishar SIngh Jee successor of Baba Nand Singh Jee, both of whom many consider as the "avtars" of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee. So was the Avtar of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee wrong in approving these works?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

thas messed up man

wat theheck is this proving?

i have seen from this book many times, sant gurbachan singh je is always picked on for something, and the story aint even true

sant baba gurbachan singh je was at a level we would never understand

he wasnt the type to start getting <Edited> off if he dont get time

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

Respected Panthic diamond, treasure-trove of knowledge, Brahm Giani, complete in the practices of the Khalsa, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindra(n) Vale was born on Wednesday 12 February 1902 at Amrit Vela (Ambrosial Hours). After his birth he was bathed and taken to the Gurdwara into the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the Birth Ceremony was performed and Amrit was given to Sant Jee. Karah Parshad was prepared, Ardas performed and a Hukamnama taken. Sant Jee was named from the first letter of the Hukamnama, per Sikh tradition.

His parents were devout Sikhs and due to the religious outlook of the household, from a young age Sant Jee started placing a Rumala over a stool and doing Chaur over it with peacock feathers as a child. In childhood he learnt the correct pronunciations of the following – Panj Granthi, 21 Vars, Bhagat Bani & Das Granthi, and memorised the 5 morning Nitnem Prayers. Upon listening to Kirtan, Sant jee’s spirit would get uplifted to some inexplicable inner spiritual state of enjoining at the feet of Satguru jee. Due to the guidance of his paternal uncle at the age of 7 years, Sant Jee was an Akhand Pathee of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

At the age of 13 years he also mastered the Sanskrit language, he read Ramayan, Mahabharat, Yoga Vishest and other Vedic Granths, after understanding and pondering on the teachings of these, Sant Jee read the Faridkoth Teeka of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, authored by 52 Nirmala intellectuals, he gained much knowledge from this. But the spiritual taste/elixir he was searching for was

not discovered.

In 1920 Sant Sundar Singh Jee arrived at Village Akhare on their preaching tour, it was here upon meeting Sant Sundar Singh Jee that the young Sant Gurbachan Singh gained the inner peace that he was searching for. The Jaap/mediation of Vaheguru Gurmantar began intrinsically. By listening to the Katha and Kirtan of Sant Sundar Singh Jee, Sant Gurbachan Singh’s heart was finally filled with peace and bliss. It was at this point that he felt he should become a part of the Khalsa Panth and he took Amrit. He became such a true Khalsa that he made his life a continuous penance, such a blissful repetition of Simran began which he enjoyed to his last moments, a non-stop invigorating meditation. Mind, body and wealth were all sacrificed at the feet of the Guru. After seeing the Nanakana Sahib Shaheedi Episode:

qnu mnu kwit kwit sBu ArpI ivic AgnI Awpu jlweI ]4]

I would cut my mind and body into pieces, and offer them to You;I would burn myself in fire. ||4||(Ang 757)

They imbued the spirit of this quote into their lifestyle. On the top floor of Sri Harimander Sahib (Amritsar) they meditated on Gurmantar and Moolmantar for 3 months.

jqu pwhwrw DIrju suinAwru ]

Let self-control be the furnace, and patience the goldsmith. (Ang 8)

They attained the great living of the above quote and gained much spirituality through their meditations and prayers.

In 1921 they went to Bindra Kala(n) Gurdwara and met the respected Sant Sundar Singh Jee and humbly asked for the blessing of Brahm Vidiya – Knowledge of God. As a jeweller can recognise the value of a gem, in the same manner Sant Sundar Singh Jee recognised the greatness of Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee at this young age (19), he embraced him with affection and kept a watchful eye upon him. He started to live in the Jatha on a permanent basis. Sant Gurbachan Singh jee started doping seva of Sangat and Sant Sundar Singh Jee, and were always praying to be accepted in the house of Guru Nanak.

Daily

he would rise at 1am, after doing ishnaan – they would do simran for 45 minutes. His daily duty was to do the ishnaan of the Gurdwara Sahib, to perform Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee’s Parkash and to recite Sri Japji Sahib and Sri Sukhmani Sahib and to start the Kirtan. He performed his duty with much affection, purity, dedication, commitment and discipline. He listened to Sant Sundar Singh Jee narrate the Katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee a total of 4 times and was educated in the following by Sant Jee – Bhai Gurdas Jee’s Vaars & Kabit Svayas, Bhai Nand Lal Jee’s writings, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, Sri Guru Panth Parkash, Sri Gur Bilaas – 6th & 10th Guru and many other accepted writings. By reading, meditating, listening, accepting and practising Gurbani, the true mystical meanings of Gurbani were realised by him. He got educated in other faiths to further his knowledge, he studied Yoga Vedant, Panj Dasee, Moksh Panth & other Granths along with which he studied Sikh History. He read 125,000 Japji Sahib’s and performed 360,000 meditations of Mool Mantar and countless meditations of Vaheguru simran were performed during this period.

In this manner, his mind was always attuned to Gurbani. At night whilst asleep he would even start uttering Gurbani in his sleep. His voice was very sweet, his pronunciation of Gurbani was always correct (Shudh), due to his immense love with Gurbani Sant Sundar Singh Jee appointed him his Paathi (reciter of Gurbani) for Katha. Khalsa Jee’s waking of Amrit Vela (1am in this case), daily recitals, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee’s seva and his joy and respect in performing this seva, sweet and gentle character, understanding of mystical meanings of Gurbani, his achievements and love of Sikh discipline, all these qualities are of the few Gurmukhs that have existed. When reciting Paath for Katha, Khalsa Jee would raise his living/spiritual experience to the stages being narrated.

Sant Sundar Singh Jee narrated the complete Katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee at Boporai, Khalsa Jee was t

he Paathee throughout the Katha and on the day of the Bhog (close) of the Katha, he honoured Khalsa Jee (Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee) with a Siropa (robe of honour) and he said to the sangat, “With us (in the Jatha) we have countless Gurmukhs who have got educated, some have gone on to full-time employment, many have gone on to get entangled in the demands of a householders life (Grahist), but the teachings that were taught to me by Sant Bishan Singh Jee Murale Vale, it is only Khalsa Jee who has met all the teachings of Sant Bishan Singh Jee. Sant Bishan Singh Jee honoured me with many gifts and today I place all these gifts in the keep of Khalsa Jee. The Jathedari of Damdami Taksal started by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee is being given to Khalsa Jee – with this Siropa.

On 15 February 1930 Sant Baba Sundar Singh Jee ascended to Sach Kand and Khalsa Jee stayed at Boporai and completed the Katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee 3 times and after about 3 and half years along with 16 lucky Gurmukhs they started doing Parchaar on a touring basis. Gurbani Kirtan, Katha, preaching, educating Singhs – making them astute in all aspects of Gurmat and initiating others into the Khalsa Panth were the foremost aims of Khalsa Jee. On many occasions they would walk many miles along with the Jatha Singhs. Punjab, Kashmir, Peshawar, Benares, Patna Sahib, Jagannath Puri, Rameshwaran, Sri Hazur Sahib, Calcutta, Bombay were all visited and Parchar done. In India there are only a few areas/cities where Khalsa Jee did not visit in their life, to grow the tree of the Sikh Nation and bless people with Amrit/initiation into the Khalsa Panth. Khalsa Jee’s dedication to Khalsa discipline and promotion of solely Gurmat was truly a heart-felt passion.

Just as a lotus flower stays detached/floating along water, in the same manner Khalsa Jee was forever detached from Maya (worldly illusion). Thousands were initiated into the Sikh-fold being enlightened by Khalsa Jee, thousands were taught the correct pronunciations of Gurbani and countles

s Gianis were moulded. In literature Khalsa Jee has immensely contributed by writing various tracts/pothis about Gurbani and Sikh History and Sikh discipline. He did the construction seva of many Gurdwaras. His katha was so inspirational that if one heard it the once, they never forgot it and they would listen to it repeatedly to further their lifestyle to higher morality and spirituality.

Whilst doing Katha/Kirtan Parchar – the Sangat invited him to Village Mehta, Khalsa Jee accepted the invite and went to Mehta. On 28 June 1961 at Mehta on Thursday at 2.10am their breathing started slowing down and whilst doing Vaheguru Simran, Khalsa Jee merged back into the light that he had come from (back to God). Taking Khalsa Jee to Amritsar Sahib water was taken from the Amrit Sarovar and Khalsa Jee’s ishnaan was performed outside the Gurdwara complex. According to Khalsa Jee’s wishes he’s body was cremated at Patalpuri – Sri Kiratpur Sahib.

On three occasions prior to ascending to Sachkand, Khalsa Jee had commented on Sant Kartar Singh Jee becoming the next Jathedar of Damdami Taksal, Sant Kartar Singh Jee was a great scholar, a Gursikh, complete in Khalsa discipline, forever reciting Gurbani and of high morals and spirituality. All the Sikh world will forever be indebted to Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa, who for the benefit of humanity, for approximately 40 years dedicated their life to Gurmat Parchar and gave thousands direction in improving their characters/lifestyle. However much we talk about their sacrifice, it is still little and we cannot express true gratitude or complete praise of their inexplicable seva.

this is who sant je was

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Singh47,

there is no point in posting this story. nobody asked for it. it creates controversy and there is nothing but potential of hurting people's feelings. I've read a lot on Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale. A Pooran Brahm Giani. Those who look up to him and Damdami Taksal may get offended.

Unless there is a demand to post such stories, please dont. I see no use of this.

Guest N30 S!NGH

vahiguroojikakhalsavahiguroojikifateh,

First of all Singh47,

I just got anand-chamatkar- 5 Volumes from Sacha Sauda in toronto yesterday. There is no such thing as Volume-13. Anand Chamtkar is only until volume-5!!!!!!!!!!!

I also looked all the 5 volumes (just to make sure) indexes couldnt find any name of damdami taksal mahapurkhs.

Either you provide us correct reference so i can personally look that up your soo called stories.

If you refuse to give us correct reference then stop this propaganda because no one will take your posts seriously!!