Prince Harry's Racist Remark

SikhRoots

AFAIK, it was just banter amongst mates - no body complained. You should hear some of the stuff that comes out amongst people who have been together for long serving in remote places......

Someone's got hold of the video and probably made some good money by selling it to the papers.

D_T_S: your post is more racist than what he did, WTH has skin colour got to do with anything?

He's a fool for saying that considering his 'status'.

The term raghead is used to desribe the taliban in the army but what is the problem with using 'taliban?' Plus, he should know that he isn't the average joe public where he'd get away with it.

What really annoys me is that he or his representatives are trying to justify the use of Paki just cos the cadet didn't mind him using it. The thing is, if anybody actually listened to the cadets uncle, he was an over-seas cadet. How would he know what context the word is used in over here? I believe the prince took advantage of that. If the cadet was a Brit then I doubt he'd accept the use of the word. Having said that, some Pakistanis don't mind being called Paki.

But, what incenses me is that, some non-asian folk believe it is a perfectly acceptable term to use to desribe someone (just like aussie etc). Do these folk label every asian a Paki then? If so that is unacceptable and I find that offensive. Ignorance plays a part too.

It is the context in which the word is used that has made it racist/offensive.

The term raghead is used to desribe the taliban in the army but what is the problem with using 'taliban?' Plus, he should know that he isn't the average joe public where he'd get away with it.

What really annoys me is that he or his representatives are trying to justify the use of Paki just cos the cadet didn't mind him using it. The thing is, if anybody actually listened to the cadets uncle, he was an over-seas cadet. How would he know what context the word is used in over here? I believe the prince took advantage of that. If the cadet was a Brit then I doubt he'd accept the use of the word. Having said that, some Pakistanis don't mind being called Paki.

But, what incenses me is that, some non-asian folk believe it is a perfectly acceptable term to use to desribe someone (just like aussie etc). Do these folk label every asian a Paki then? If so that is unacceptable and I find that offensive. Ignorance plays a part too.

I tried to explain the above in order to educate some others on another forum (british folk), and they just laughed it down and said that the word is acceptable to use to whomever (Sikhs) included

My explanation was provided as above

I tried to explain the above in order to educate some others on another forum (british folk), and they just laughed it down and said that the word is acceptable to use to whomever (Sikhs) included

which forum was that?

for me, i was considering joining the army after uni, but now i think they can go and get stuffed.

So would they say it is acceptable to call a black person a ni gg er ?. I hate these low life's, they dont have a clue. Is there anything such as racsism towards whites ?.

..... Inherently Evil Souls find their Ideal and most natural, comfortable expression in White bodies. Thus, the aberration of skin Whiteness appears to be an outer manifestation of a collective inner spiritual disease. Your body

dts

You would get along great with white supremacists. Color preferences aside, they think exactly like you. Try not to hate yourself so much.

So would they say it is acceptable to call a black person a ni gg er ?. I hate these low life's, they dont have a clue. Is there anything such as racsism towards whites ?.

I just sent a complaint to the BBC and SKY news about their use of the word paki even though its being used to describe what someone else said. I find it offensive that they can say the word like that because it has context and a history of racism in it. The N word would never be tolerated if it was being used. Instead they would have to say 'Prince Harry called his friend the N word'.

I think more people should complain. The fact that relatively few people do explains why there are alot of english who think its ok to use it.

Something does not feel right when the media keeps on saying the word. It just strikes a chord that it is wrong. They should be saying 'the P word.'