• Other European country
    • Other Asian country
    • African country
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. You are...

• Amritdhari
    • Keshdhari
    • Patit (one who trims his/her hair)
    • Sehajdhari (patit/non-Sikh now adopting the Sikh way)
    • non-Sikh
  3. 3. Daily you do...

• No Bani
    • Only Mool Mantar Jaap
    • 1 Bani
    • 2 Bania
    • 3 Bania
    • 4 Bania
    • 5 Bania
    • More than 5 Bania

<<< and if ure unable to do completely 5 bani say in above examples then it does not mean dharam raj is gonna be mean or whatever u said. >>>>

Bhaji, I understand what you are saying, being in a coma or having an operation is out of your contol, but if you stand infront of DharamRaja and say "sorry mate I did no naam simran because I was on call most of the time, or I had to fly to Miami" , it will cut no ice with him, his answer will be only one ...................shittar ! :p

<<< and if ure unable to do completely 5 bani say in above examples then it does not mean dharam raj is gonna be mean or whatever u said. >>>>

Bhaji, I understand what you are saying, being in a coma or having an operation is out of your contol, but if you stand infront of DharamRaja and say "sorry mate I did no naam simran because I was on call most of the time, or I had to fly to Miami" , it will cut no ice with him, his answer will be only one ...................shittar ! :p

lol....I hate internet...they are awful at giving tone, context etc...but sometimes even being on oncall u cannot... a pt might go into cardiac arrest....u never kno....and how dumb wud u look if u turn to the pts family and say sorry I was just finishing jaap sahib off and came a bit late,...I think thts why dharam raj bhai will read our accounts before deciding...

Its same if ure a pilot....u cannot just stop the plane in mid air and then apologise for crashing it and injuring ppl....it depends on situation....which is why i said do ure best to pray. And if ure doing ure best then its ok as God understands. But if ure not doing ure best and u know u cud do more thats when ure in trouble...

Bhaji , I think you are just making excuses, and your examples are pointless.

If someone goes into cardiac arrest then by all means save the patient, is there any reason why you cannot do your Jaap sahib after you have saved the patient?

If you are flying a plane then you would be silly to crash it, why not land it and do your Jaap sahib then ?

The point is, there are ways round it, you can adjust , you can juggle BUT still you can do your naam simran. The point is that within gritjeevan even with all the distractions and committments you must do your nitname and keep to the rehit.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji says - Rehit piyari mujj koe, Sikh piyara naa. To Guru Ji rehit is the most important, not whether you are on call or flying to Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
veer sunny bond singh ji, benti chaupi was missed out on your behalf, an onist mistake i take..this aside...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the 5 bania (in my younger days) i got it so fast i donit (in my hed>surti de naal) in 24 mins :D

then i slowed everything down.

once it takes you 35 40 mins to do the 5 bania, then you can increase the timeto an hour again by adding more bania. you shouldnt doit too fast, but u shouldnt doit too slow. (mahapursh bachan sed that >paat thora teej karna changa hai< !!)

then an hour wont be enough!

once you clock an hour, you want to do more, then 2 hours will be nothing.. it will go so quick cus surti is in the naad of the paat..

and thats just the morning!

then you got reheraas time.

theres another hour or 2 there.

then in the middle of the day! noone needs lunch for an hour! unwind with naam! (or bani)

p.s. thas funny bout the job and familly!!

gurfateh!

Veer, most people do Benti Chaupai in their Rehras Sahib... So I didnt count it apart...

dahn dhan guru khalsa ji de sikh.

the rehet is normaly to the the 5 in the morning, the reheraas in the eve and the sohila. in the past the akaal takhat has said it is ok to d 3 banias (japji sahib, jaap sahib and tav prasaad sawaeyae) and they then say it will suffice to do do the chaupi and little anand sahi in the reheraas sahib. ( i later found that the same >small group of people< stated that meat was allowed. i asked a harmandarsahib ardaasi that said that a small group of people had got together and using their munmut, changed the rehet to allow minimal bania whereas gutmut states somthing other than what was said.)

when amrit is made, the full 5 bania, japji sahib, jaap sahib and tav prasaad awaeyae, baenti chaupi sahib (up untill chaupi ko kehe), then the full anand sahib. then ardaas oviously.. so this is what we should do every morning. mahapursh bachan have been stated to say that when you are doing the 5 bania in the morning, you are preparing the amrit inside yourself. it is a must to recite the 5 bania and to not chop and change.

i wish you the best with your journey inward to your soul!

gurfateh ji

>>>>>>>>alternate response

guru ji is all knowing.

to say that guru naanak dev ji didnt know the bani, is saying a lot of things that are in effect, wrong. the gurus had one light that was passed through them. i think you have not heard of this>>>

> the whole of the guru granth sahib is explaining the japjisahib. the whole of the japji sahib explains the mool manter, the mool manter explains 'ik o-ang-kaar'. it is our job, not to find out what god is, as this will finish your life away(!), but rather to jap naam,y? to try and become immersed into him. thats it. thats all we have to do. do not try and overcomplicate things. sikhi is, IS is IS simple. jus get high (on his name), and get to god. so simple, but so hard to DO it. simple formula, hard to work through it. (>>like E=mc^2 was!! in the end, the dude cracked it!)

the 5 bania take no more than 1 hour, if you cant doit, just slap the tape on, and you will no it within 6 months. all of it. all!.. to sleep at 10 or 11 and get up at 6 or 5 (then 4, 3,2,1,12.30 adn so on..) is easy. you will get up! im gona stop cus i wont stop cus its so beautiful.

if you get up at 7 or 6 it aint gona make any difference ifyou sleep an hour earlier, just sleep an hour eailer to when you normally do!

god understands what your specific ru-teen is. and also understands that if you could, and you dont...

gurfateh