In The Gurdwara....

singhunit

personally speaking, if there is a diwan, like kirtan, or akhand paath sahib going on and your in the darbar sahib, u shud turn your ipod off and listen/meditate, or do silent simran

i cant see anything wrong with it if you would be sitting in silence with your mind all over the place ........

What is the difference between listening to live kirtan and listening to kirtan on ipod?

I don't mean the obvious difference, but why does it take one's attention from Guru Sahib whereas live kirtan doesn't?

i see what ur saying...

but i guess if live kirtan is going on then it wud be madness to be listening to ur ipod hunna?.........lol

but i guess if live kirtan is going on then it wud be madness to be listening to ur ipod hunna?.........lol

Agreed :)

To me the issue seems to be that we need to fill our mind with something external all the time and when those external sounds stop, the inner noise takes place, which can be very difficult to handle.. but we need it sometimes. It might be best to try to do quiet simran or just enjoy the silence and Guru Sahib's presence. The mind keeps wandering, for sure, but one should just remember to bring it back home every now and then.

It's not very good for ears either to listen to ipod all the time.