Naam

DhadiMania

theres a relative in my family. And she was given naam by Sri Nabh Kamal, Raja Sahib Ji (mizara wale), no1 has still told me sum info about him.

But thats not the point. Say if u were given naam since u were like 12, and now ure 80+.

u favourite son has gon 2 canada as a result u gon mad, forgot everything except naam. then you start to guard a few stuff like "pots" that belonged to him, even though this person now has all this land in canada. Now afta all them years, u prob had darshan of maharaj cin u hav had naam. but then one day, u 4get it.

basically, if u 4get naam (the proper, proper proper naam that sggs talks about i.e. what the bhaghats ask for, not amrit) does naam still help u in ure next life. or does it even get u 2 sach khand. shes all in humility, but now has built up emotional attachment, after going mad.

opinions n thoughs plz. and sum1 answer the question!

it's awesome that she held onto naam for so long.

but...

if she forgot it, it means that she hasn't totally understood the importance of it. so i dun think neone can go to SachKhand unless u're totally immersed in it.

and if she really had Naam and everything, she wouldn't get emotionally attached. she would understand that she needed to let go.

but tha's besides the point.

theres a relative in my family. And she was given naam by Sri Nabh Kamal, Raja Sahib Ji (mizara wale), no1 has still told me sum info about him.

^^^^^^

This is bahman-vaad can only get naam from the teachings of a Satguru, and for us, Dhan Satguru Granth Sahib ji.

The power of Naam is 'un-explainable' just like 'GOD', you can't describe HIS qualities, same with you can't list what Naam can do for you, because its that vibration that existence of your inner self. With Naam you are collecting the true wealth, we don't see this wealth, but that's the whole mystery of it, :umm: Naam helps you in this entire creation, no matter what universe, what land, what age, etc.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

Naam always helps. someone once said to me that if you even say Waheguru once in ur life, God is gonna keep knockin on ur door to let him into ur life forever. so if ur relative was doin Simran as crazily as u're sayin she did, i'm pretty sure it'll help. there's no way it won't.

but what definitely won't help is bein attached. attachment is a bad bad thing. berry bad. but it's all good. we're all here to learn something or other.

I hate to be harsh..

but, anyone who gets "naam" from anyone but guru roop panj pyare, has severely damaged their spirituality. Naam can only be gotten from the true guru and nobody else. Anyone who DARES to give out naam is a blasphemer and manmukh and must seek forgiveness from akal takht or guru roop panj pyare ASAP.

oh woops. my bad. i'm sorry. i thought she was doin simran on Waheguru. i wouldn't know much about what is sinful or not... since all i know is that according to Sikhi, the best way is to do simran on the Gurmantr. but i know nothin of what she was told to do or why or even who it was who told her to do whatever it was.

but i still think it's wrong for ur relative to be emotionally attached... i'd like to maintain that...

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

In my personal opinion, getting naam means simply binding yourself to Waheguru himself, meditating on his name in the way that works for you. Frankly, if it works, and you do get closer to Waheguru because of it, then it is not a CRIME that should be punished! Sikhs are supposed to spread the word of Waheguru... not keep it "our little secret" so that we get bliss and everyone else burns in hell!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ji...naam helps.....u cant wash away ur karm uv don......we get our pay of our karms in da last life.soo shelll get ur reward for da naam. its could be like a test waheguru ji is givin her :T: .......es sansar sagar nu tara bohat ohkiaa..."kasey mun tarey ga re,sansar sagar bikay ko bana.

iv herd stories of gursikhs dat dis happens to som as a test given by pathsha...an abt carin abt dat son.."moh"....one of da five theifs.....its really hard to get rid of dem to....only bhaaga wala get past dat. but pathsha has made da world like dis an wants us to stay in it do our normal things an still jap naam.bhagti kare..."gursikh yogi jagdey ,mayia undar karan nevase"

but me morrkh no fin ji.....im probly all wrong blush.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!