Why I Think Valentines Day Is Anti Sikh Thought! My Humble Opinion

Starsingh

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION :

1. It encourages Pressurises young sikhs girls and guys to have relationships outside marriage like boyfriends/girlsfriends

2. Promotes lustful activites

3. Promotes youngsters focusing on having relationships with eachother, which are love one day and hate another, and dont really mean anything!

4. Teaches youngsters the wrong meaning of LOVE which should be from the heart, pure and for your ONE true soul mate, not a regualr exchange of boyfreinds and girlfriends

5. Many Sikhs concerntrate on Christian festivals like Valentines - getting a boyfriend and girlfriend and Christmas - gettin Drunk , ( BAD EXAMPLES OF Religion)

- than on Sikh festivals!

6. Many Sikh girls guys will LIE to their parents to meet their partners and perform wrongful acts in parks, cars and Hotels in the name of Valentines day!

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION :

1. It encourages Pressurises young sikhs girls and guys to have relationships outside marriage like boyfriends/girlsfriends

2. Promotes lustful activites

3. Promotes youngsters focusing on having relationships with eachother, which are love one day and hate another, and dont really mean anything!

4. Teaches youngsters the wrong meaning of LOVE which should be from the heart, pure and for your ONE true soul mate, not a regualr exchange of boyfreinds and girlfriends

5. Many Sikhs concerntrate on Christian festivals like Valentines - getting a boyfriend and girlfriend and Christmas - gettin Drunk , ( BAD EXAMPLES OF Religion)

- than on Sikh festivals!

6. Many Sikh girls guys will LIE to their parents to meet their partners and perform wrongful acts in parks, cars and Hotels in the name of Valentines day!

I think the best way for sikhs to celebrate Valentines day is to celebrate it as a day to show love for animals. I am planning to prepare some nice food for my pyara doggy on 14th. I also hope to have a horse one day whom I will call Jaan-Bhai.

The jyot of Akaal Purakh is in animals as well. Until a human finds Satguru, animals are better than humans. Infact according to Kabir, the doggy of a gursikh is better than the mother of a sakat human.

Akaali said :

Its not really anti-sikhi if you beleive your true love to be akaaaaaaal purkh vaheguru. I think its pro-sikhi because it makes us remember a gursikh's one and only true love is akaal purkh vaheguru ji.

----------

What? Maybe 4 u, but for 90 per cent of siksh it represents lustful activites and getting a boyfriend/girlfriend

Another example of why Christianity and Western thougth is eating away at sikh youth like a Piranha

Did you know that the highest rate of converts out of SIKHI are going to Christinaity, even more than Islam, esp in Punjab

Gursikhs of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj tend to Love the creator and keep themselfs De-Tached from the creation.

but the majority of the oerld sees them as sikhs and infact they see themsleves as sikhs!

an official statement is needed banning it for ALL SIKHS

Cool love the creator but hate his creation. :rolleyes:

Hey,

In my opinion I don't think it is right to judge those that celebrate Valentines for example, whether it is christians, sikhs, theists or atheists. We are all subject to our own karma and thus we should really focus upon our own destiny - yet advise others on what we think is the right decision - and thus up to the individual to follow it. Let a person play with their own karma, let a person celebrate valentines - it isn't directly affecting us, it makes them happy for an instant and might make them realise the world is false, along with it being Gods will - as everything is. They have the right to do as they wish, express their love for a dear one, just as we have the right to maybe see it as attahchment- who knows?

There is no rush for us to go to Sachkhand - cus this itself, prevents us from doing so. Sikhs are forutnate that we can spend this day to focus it upon possessing love for Vaaheguroo - but also love for the family. Who says Valentines is all about lust and the like? It is a day that makes us remember the good things about life, that Vaaheguroo has blessed us with a wonderful spouse and family - in which we are to cherish, LOVE and care for in this life. Not all love is centralised around lust or lustful desires. Moreover, not all love means that you are attached to the person - you just simply care.

I don't believe it is good to criticise the "Western World" or their lifestyle. As a gora westerner I am not disappointed in my heritage, my families values customs or culture. To me however, I just interpret them differently and it aids me ensuring that certain things do contradict sikhi and this can be beneficial in aiding me to avoid them e.g. social drinking etc. - doesn't mean its wrong and all people shouldn't drink for example - its their choice, their values and customs, just like we all have our own - just we decide not to do it - but let those get on with it. :TH:

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!