Body Hairs

Guest avi

Dear Sangatji,

I am a male having too much body hairs in the areas like back and stomach.Also the neck is started being covered up by them.

I am confused and frankly speaking not liking it.Also i think that my wife is keeping away from me because of this.

Pls suggest.

Regards

whether you don't like the amount of hair on your body, there is really nothing you can do about it. you can only accept the way God made you. Everyone has hair on their body, some have more while others have less. Everyone is made differently. Men having excessive hair is completely normal, its part of masculinity. The way humans act about such minor things in this world, animals seem to have much better understanding because they have never changed the way they are. There is so much imporant things in this world than the hair on your body. I suggest you spend more time in naam and bani.

Dear Sangatji,

I am a male having too much body hairs in the areas like back and stomach.Also the neck is started being covered up by them.

I am confused and frankly speaking not liking it.Also i think that my wife is keeping away from me because of this.

Pls suggest.

Regards

hey man, nothing you can do about it, learn to live with it, if you remove it, its only going to come back faster and thicker and then it would look like you have even more hair then before, just dooo some bani maharaj will sort everything out.....

I wonder if praatan singhs ever got confused about such things. :rolleyes:

Puraatan Singhs didn't have the time, they were either in the battlefield as Sipahis, or absorbed in Naam as Sants.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

ive a question what if a girl have hair on ther body

stomach legs back etc etc

if a girl has hair on her body, she should be thankful. waheguru resides on every hair. more hair equals more blessings. :)

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥

on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

ਸਤ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਕਾ ਧਰਹੁ ਧਿਆਨ ॥

Center yourself and meditate on truth and contentment.

ਕਥਨੀ ਕਥੀਐ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨ ॥੧੫॥

Speak the speech of God's spiritual wisdom. ||15||

Guest _Tubelight_

if a girl has hair on her body, she should be thankful. waheguru resides on every hair. more hair equals more blessings. :)

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥

on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

ਸਤ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਕਾ ਧਰਹੁ ਧਿਆਨ ॥

Center yourself and meditate on truth and contentment.

ਕਥਨੀ ਕਥੀਐ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨ ॥੧੫॥

Speak the speech of God's spiritual wisdom. ||15||

No. Before going into the logic of trying to explain why the English translations are incorrect here, lets look at a small example.

Assume that you are correct. Then by definition it means that men have an advantage over women when it comes to spirituality. Now where are those whole claim the in Sikhi everything is equal? :rolleyes: So, just by that we can easily deduce that something is not right with the English translations here.

ਰੋਮ here refers to not every hair, but it refers to every molecule/atom etc of the entire Universe. If you read the entire shabad http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1361 , bhagat kabeer jee has explained various stages in one's spirituality. This tuk is used to describe the 2nd last stage, in which stage, wherever one look they see God.

Please stop using this tuk to support something that has nothing to do with the underlying meaning.

it can be genes but if the hair is thick and excessive like males, then you may have hormonal imbalance. you can see the doctor to get your hormones balanced because this can cause other problems in the future e.g. irregular periods, infertlity, and soon ovarian cancer.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

To the original poster, do a search on the forum for topics relating to excess hair. Although the situations in previous topics may not be the same, the advice will be helpful. You need to try and respect yourself physically and spiritually. Nobody on this forum is going to tell you to shave your kes off, and you probably don't really want to do that anyway because you'll know it's wrong. Also it might be a good idea to talk the issue over with your wife, because you don't know for sure that she's avoiding you because of this. It will put your mind at ease. Use this as an opportunity for you both to learn something about the importance of Rehit and to move closer to Guru Ji. Always remember that Guru Ji created you in the most perfect way.

Again, do a search as there have been countless such topics. In a nutshell, for most cases it is nothing abnormal. Asians especially have more kes than other races and we all have kes on our bodies - it's nothing to be ashamed of. Again the issue is about respecting Guru Ji's creation, and being comfortable with yourself.

(If you think the hair is really thick & excessive and it's beginning to grow on your face (in a male-like distribution) then you may want to see the doctor to check for a hormonal imbalance. However don't use this as an excuse for non-gurmat hair removal methods! The point is to be healthy and keep the hormones under control so let your doctor know that keeping kes is a requirement, and that electrolysis/shaving is not an option.)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh