New Baba Nihal Singh Ji Nihang Katha

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it means what it says

misl of shaheeds

you know how like there were 13 or so misls in punjab (i may have the number wrong, but its around there) prior to unification under maharaja ranjit singh? a misl is basically a city state or body of government (someone with more giaan please give a more in-depth definition of what a misl is). But yeah, baba deep singhs jatha became known as misl shaheedan, the misl of shaheeds

Laadli Fauj ji is right,

Misals were units or regiments of military might who occupied certain territories of Khalsa Raj,

there were many Misals named for their locality i.e Singhpuria Misal, or for the name of their founder,

the Bhangi Misal was so named for their consumption of bhang, as an earlier poster wrote, Shaheedi Misal Tarna Dal is so named because of Baba Deep Singh ji's famed shaheedi, so they are a regiment of martyrs you could say.

An article on Sri Maan Baba Santa Singh Ji's jeevan has been added on www.nihangsingh.org

Check it out also check out baba ji's katha in the multimedia section.

Gur Bar Akaal.

Ps can someone tell me whats with the new depressing look of this site?

secondly the adverts, malesh ones to be exact the people who are running this site are sell outs knkowing fair well the khalsa does not respect the malesh

now why would i want to learn hebrew?

Putting such adverts on a sikh site these people that run the site are no doubt masands! (do anything for money). SOLD OUT!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Khalsa ji,

Sriman Baba Nawab Kapoor Singh ji divided Dal Khalsa or better known as Buddha Dal into 5 Tarna Dal misls. If you read the biography of Nawab Kapoor Singh ji by Baba Prem Singh ji Hoti Mardan, Sriman Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed was in the panj that ordered Nawab Kapoor Singh ji to lead the Khalsa army and take the title of Nawab after Diwan Darbara Singh ji. The idea behind this division was to enable Singhs aged 45+ to take care of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Sri Dasam Banis and Sri Sarbhloh darbars in addition to Gurmat parchar; these were the Buddha Dal Singhs. Singhs under the age of 45 years were divided into five mils of Tarna (Young) Dals to fight the Jungs (battles).The supreme commander of Dal Khalsa (both Buddha Dal and Tarna Dals) was , and still today, is the jathedar of Sharomani Panth Akali Buddha Dal.

Sriman Baba Deep Singh ji was the Ragrrai (the person who overlooks Sukhnidhan deggan ragra) jathedar of the Buddha Dal. This is not controversial and there is a Gurudawra by the name of Sri Degsar Sahib in Talwandi Sabo that preserves this part of our history. Like Baba Nihal Singh ji said, Deg parsad maryada is purattan but the abuse of this maryada has blemished its image in mainstream Sikhism. Raho vichar, Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed was the head of Misl Shaheedan Tarna Dal and Guru Sahib assigned him and Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh the duty to give santhiyaa to Singhs and teach them arths. Taksal wasn't started off as a separate jathebandi; All Singhs had one banna and did their pehra on Gurbani and parchar within the same misl. However, after the shaheedi of Sriman Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed, all Jhujaroo Singh left for jungles and a few Singhs took off banna and stayed in disguise to do gurbani parchar- these Singhs gave santhiyaa to other Singhs from one village to another and formed a jatha to do it, which evolved into the present day Taksal. People argue that since these giani Singhs stayed with Nirmalay and Udassis they accepted a lot of their traditions and values out of respect such as different banna and no farla and all (Baba Deep Singh ji was a farladhari Nihang Singh)...but still these Singhs made a great sacrifice to uphold Guru's Gurbani and parchar.

In essence, Misl Shaheedan Tarna Dal was the jathebandi that Sriman Baba Deep Singh led and Taksal evolved out of it. The word "Damdami Taksal" was coined during Sant Baba Kartar Singh ji's jathedari as there is no mention of this word in Sriman Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Sahib Khalsa's granth "Sri Gurmukh Parkash." This information has been confirmed with many old Taksal students. The original Misl Shaheedan Tarna Dal is at Baba Bakala Sahib (Amritsar). In Doaba, Misl Shaheedan Tarna Dal’s headquarters are at Harianbelan. It is sad that youth born and raised in the West have a limited understanding of such details and involve themselves into petty confrontations. There is no one Taksal either; there are taksals within Nirmalay and Udassi sampardass too. "Damdami" Taksal came out of Misal Shaheedan Tarna Dal. I wish that I live to see the day when Taksalis wear the same Akal banna and share the same maryada. No matter how you look at it, we are still the same people.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

............The word "Damdami Taksal" was coined during Sant Baba Kartar Singh ji's jathedari as there is no mention of this word in Sriman Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Sahib Khalsa's granth "Sri Gurmukh Parkash.".........

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

But they (Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji) do mention it in their kathas, which were recorded and now online as well. :)

Might want to check your sources......

Nice post Random Nihang, i feel so happy i feel like doing ragra lol!

Dhan Guru Khalsa Panth!

People forget one of the other reasons to why Buddha Dal, Tarna Dal regiments were divided were also due to the amount of thousands and thousands of Nihang Singh's that were around in puratan times (300 years ago) ! Buddha Dal , Tarna Dal etc leading to better organisation of the troops!

Gur Bar Akaal

PS can the masands of this site sort themselves out with the adverts, why would i want to learn hebrew? lol

Masand ni mandey hundey!!

I might have to post a few sakhis of what maharaj did to the masands to wake these lot up!!