Malaysian Sikh

neo4ride

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Veerjee, what is the problem here may I ask?

Let all these "sikhs" convert to christianity and Islam etc. for why is it wrong? Just like my soul was; these people are searching for a path that quenches their thirst for God, that really fulfills all their desires; whether this is following an Islamic lifestyle or that of a christian. For there is no right or wrong path, not one higher and not one lower - for they all love God - their main purpose (as God doesn't see "religion").

Surely, you as well as I would prefer a few devotees to sikhi who follow it properly, who live, breathe and experience the naam 24/7; loving God, the Guroos and humanity than to have thousands if not millions of followers, where only handful really follow experience its beauty.

The Khalsa do not need millions of sikhs; for only a few, the true devotees are the real jewel - are the future mothers and fathers of saint soldiers who will continue to spread its love.

For all this is God's play and blessing. Maybe he has future plans - in the near future - for many to give up their clever tricks and follow sikhi? Who knows? only the one who stages this wonderful play does.

We do not need to carry out any missionary work or try and force the youth to follow sikhi. Let their souls experience his will and make up their "own mind" because after all, what is better than 'Inspiration' and 'True Love'?

Take Care. God Bless.

Your Gora Singh. Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

I think you're missing the point. Your first comment is frightening. Its this sort of idea thats got us in the current mess. I'm not attacking you personally.

Why is it wrong that these people are converting to other religions? Why is it not wrong. Its a great failure. I can see your point about letting them find their own path and all of that sort of thinking but frankly, in a lot of these cases, they're not converting for their new religions in particular, but silly reasons like, 'oh, my new husband is a muslim so i'll convert'. I'm sure in a lot of these cases its not that they're looking for a new religion for spiritual reasons. So this is the first main thing to understand how this whole dilema is wrong. The message of sikhi is not being spread!

Its not about forcing kids to follow sikhi so they don't convert later on, its about showing them something that they haven't even been shown before. If they had seen it, then their whole life journey would be different. They would not be inclined to date muslims or start going church etc. They would be in gurdwaras as everything needed to be successful is attained from there.

I'm all for missionary work for sikhi. I don't understand why poeple think we're not allowed to do it. No where does it say so, in fact the contrary. Everything done by our Gurus and ancestors would suggest the opposite.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

I have seen many criticisms of my posts, especially in relation to this particular thread, and would now, by Gods will, provide you with a response.

I would like to firstly address the comment made by KalSingh who believes that my above post is 'frightening' in relation to "Sikhs" converting to one of the Abrahamic faiths, whether it is Christianity, Islam, Judiasm etc. Veerjee, may I reply by stating that I used the word "Sikhs" - thus emphasising although they may be born into a sikh household, something has happened (whether it is immediate family, public pressures or little personal interest etc.) that has prevented them from becoming a true sikh of the khalsa - which I'll let you all individually define as I have no right to exclaiming what defines a 'true sikh' from others e.g. is it they are to be amrithdhaari etc?

I'd like to say bro; that this isn't a frightening mentality. You see, as sikhs we are taught to except Gods will in pain or pleasure aren't we? That no matter how "evil", "upsetting", "confusing" etc. we interpret an event, Gods will is always good as he does things for the best. This doesn't really mean we are to just sit there and say all ofthe actions being carried out is Gods will - but we must eventually accept that all actions are indeed Gods will and a persons decision is between God and an individual alone - for we are born and die alone according to our own personal hukam.

I don't really understand how people claim that (without me actually saying this myself), that I am totally against promoting sikhism to the world - this couldn't be further from the truth as I myself am a 'Convert'. The only thing I am really against is the method in which to do this; may differ from the views of others.

As I wasn't born into sikhism and neither am I of a Punjabi Origin, I wasn't provided with the jewel in which many of you have been given in this particular incarnation, with this seed of your good karma planted deep within your heart (the naam), and as time has passed, your love for God, humanity and sikhi has grown. My instance was much different however, and as stated previously in another post, I was on a journey of self discovery, a soul searching mission you could say, trying to find the true meaning of 'God'.

It wasn't until my middle years of being an adolescent that I had contemplated exactly what God was, that was he an external entity e.g. a man dressed in white with a long grey beard sitting on a cloud with Golden gates - which is the idea I depicted from Christianity, or was he Allah - who at the time, I interpreted as a different God to that of Christianity - that infact there were two, one of the "western" world if you like and one of the eastern.

Although the main cause for discovering sikhi was through Gods sweet will and hukam - for which I am forever blessed and indebted for eternity - this jewel was obviously realised through physical means - being three close amrithdhaari friends who are my best pals to this day. As I had also stated earlier, I had little knowledge of the principles of sikhism; which gave rise to a variety of questions I haboured such as 'Why do you wear a turban?' 'How do you get baptised?' 'How is sikhism different from other religions?' etc. - once more supporting why I beleive it should be promoted so others gain this blessing.

Thus, it is through the aid of my friends, my searcing questions, and Gods hukam and kirpaa that I discovered sikhi. Thus, it is really wierd for me to understand why a proportion of you think I am against promoting sikhi to others - as without having this desire and without it being catalysed by my friends - I wouldn't have found God and been truly blessed!! The gift of finding the naam to satisfy my thirsty soul is the greatest gift I could have ever imagined - with it being an agonising 8.4 million incarnation waiting list. Due to this, I feel the luckiest man and gora alive haha and I would love to share this with others - that is why I like to see punjabi's, kaleh and goreh also clasping the hem of Vaaheguroo and as I did and still am doing, walking hand in hand with the Guroo.

Thus, my main point really is no way am I against the promotion of sikhi, it is just we have to be careful of the method and reasoning behind this. As I also stated in a post if a sikh wants to convert to Islam etc. I don't see anything wrong with it. In his glorious court God doesn't see religion does he? God bless aMuslim, Jew, Hindu, Catholic etc. as they can all possess and experience Gods love the same as a Sikh does - thus this 'converting' isn't deemed as "wrong". Aslong as a person is doing this for their own personal benefit and means - God bless them. For a Sikh can feel the same love for God as a Christian does.

In my instance also, I'm glad that I wasn't pressurised into following sikhi, in that I was the one with a thirsty soul and it was me who wanted to learn more, not people forcing me to beleive in such. We see evidence of this with Christian preachers especially, and this just in most cases; has the opposite effect and drives souls away. Just because say, sikhism meets our spiritual needs and makes us love Vaaheguroo, it isn't wrong or bad for say our sons or daughters to follow another religion - this is God's play. By all means we can aid and possibly participate in their decision - but ultimately it is up to them.

The Khalsa is not about numbers, it is about having devout students (sikhs) and saint soldiers of the Guroo who follow the exemplar lifestyle led by our great Guroos themselves - who breathe and experience the naam 24/7. Thus, I am all for encouraging the youth of today and the general society who have little knowledge on sikhism - in relation to answering the unanswered questions of what actually sikhism "stands for", its message, its beliefs, ideologies and customs -but this isn't to be forced. Its principles can be echoed throughout the world, but it is only those who are destined to lead a sikh lifestyle and feel the true love for Vaaheguroo through this religion that will answer its call and take the required steps to walk upon this sometimes treacherous path. I think that by being careful of a promotional means, it meets the needs of the panth both ways, that it not only does the greatest sevaa to humanity for a few to obtain the jewel of the naam, but that it also aids in inspiring the message of sikhi to remain in such numbers to aid in ensuring its message to humanity is never lost.

It is really hard to explain on here, but I hope I haven't offended anyone as this wasn't my intention.

Take Care. God Bless.

SikherOfTheNaam aka Khalsa123