• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found more..

vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]

vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||

Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o.

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

siq swcu sRI invwsu Awid purKu sdw quhI vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]1]6]

sath saach sree nivaas aadh purakh sadhaa thuhee vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||1||6||

You are forever True, the Home of Excellence, the Primal Supreme Being. Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o. ||1||6||

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

siq swcu sRI invwsu Awid purKu sdw quhI vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]2]7]

sath saach sree nivaas aadh purakh sadhaa thuhee vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||2||7||

You are forever True, the Home of Excellence, the Primal Supreme Being. Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o. ||2||7||

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

siq swcu sRI invwsu Awid purKu sdw quhI vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]3]8]

sath saach sree nivaas aadh purakh sadhaa thuhee vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||3||8||

You are forever True, the Home of Excellence, the Primal Supreme Being. Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o. ||3||8||

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

syvk kY BrpUr jugu jugu vwhgurU qyrw sBu sdkw ]

saevak kai bharapoor jug jug vaahaguroo thaeraa sabh sadhakaa ||

Your

servants are totally fulfilled, throughout the ages; O Waahay Guru, it is all You, forever.

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

syvk kY BrpUr jugu jugu vwhgurU qyrw sBu sdkw ]1]11]

saevak kai bharapoor jug jug vaahaguroo thaeraa sabh sadhakaa ||1||11||

Your servants are totally fulfilled, throughout the ages; O Waahay Guru, it is all You, forever. ||1||11||

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

kIAw Kylu bf mylu qmwsw vwihgurU qyrI sB rcnw ]

keeaa khael badd mael thamaasaa vaahiguroo thaeree sabh rachanaa ||

You have formed and created this play, this great game. O Waahay Guru, this is all You, forever.

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

kIAw Kylu bf mylu qmwsw vwhgurU qyrI sB rcnw ]3]13]42]

keeaa khael badd mael thamaasaa vaahaguroo thaeree sabh rachanaa ||3||13||42||

You have formed and created this play, this great game. O Waahay Guru, this is all Your making. ||3||13||42||

Bhatt Gayandh

Svaiyay Mehl 5

The word Waheguru has been used about 13 times and Wahguru 3 times in Guru Granth Sahib on pages 1402, 1403 and 1404.

It's meaning / where it came from:

Mahan Kosh: [it is interesting, as Bhai Kahn Singh jee give the meaning under 'Wahguru' and say 'Waheguru' is also correct ucharan]

WahGuru:

1. Beyond human intellect; the Great PaarBramh [God], The Creator [should to be thanked?]

2. The Moolmantar [Gurmantar actually] of Sikhs. Bhai Santokh Singh explained in 'Sri Nanak Parkash' the origin/meaning of Wahguru: Wah (Wondrous) Gu (darkness/in dark) Ru (one that enlightens) [hence; the Wonderful Lord that destroys darkness, and brings Enlightenment] Note: This word can also be pronouced Waheguru.

Also all modern scholars make this Arth of Waheguru or Wahguru; Wonderous, Darkness, Enlighten. ^_^

Veer naam_jap jee,

the 41st Vaar has also lots of info on Guru Gobind Singh. and i believe that is reason why it is kept alongside Bhai Gurdas' Varaan. So i believe it is accepted even though it is not by Bhai Gurdas I, and i have yet to find a Pothi that does not have it. it is by Bhai Gurdas Singh who was also a Sikh scholar of that time.

Veer naam_jap jee,

the 41st Vaar has also lots of info on Guru Gobind Singh. and i believe that is reason why it is kept alongside Bhai Gurdas' Varaan. So i believe it is accepted even though it is not by Bhai Gurdas I, and i have yet to find a Pothi that does not have it. it is by Bhai Gurdas Singh who was also a Sikh scholar of that time.

Thanks veer ^_^

I was thinking the composition of Vahiguru was the only thing given in it.

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 11

gurmuK jnm skwrQw gurisK iml srnI AwXw]

guramukh janam sakaarathhaa gurasikh mil saranee aayaa||

The life of that gurmukh is fortunate whom meeting some Sikh of the Guru has come to the shelter of the Guru.

Awid purK Awdys kr sPl mUrq gur drsn pwXw]

aadh purakh aadhaes kar safal moorath gur dharasan paayaa||

He bows before primeval Purusa (God) and becomes blessed after having the sight of such a Guru.

prdKnw fMfauq kr msqk crx kml gur lwXw]

paradhakhanaa dda(n)ddouth kar masathak charan kamal gur laayaa||

After circumambulation he bows on the lotus feet of Guru.

siqgur purK dieAwl hoie vwihgurU scu mMqR suxwXw]

sathigur purakh dhaeiaal hoe vaahiguroo sach ma(n)thr sunaayaa||

Becoming kind, the Guru recites true mantra Vaheguru for him.

sc rws rihrws dy pYrIN pY jg pYrIN pwXw]

sach raas rehiraas dhae pairee(n) pai jag pairee(n) paayaa||

The Sikh with his capital of devotion falls at the feet of Guru and the whole world bows at his feet.

kwm kroD ivroD hr loB moh AhMkwr qjwXw]

kaam karodhh virodhh har lobh moh aha(n)kaar thajaayaa||

God (the Guru) eradicates his lust, anger and resistance and gets his greed, infatuation and ego erased.

sq sMqoK dieAw Drm dwn nwm ieSnwn idRVwXw]

sath sa(n)thokh dhaeiaa dhharam dhaan naam eishanaan dhrirraayaa||

Instead, the Guru makes him practise truth, content

ment, dharma, name, charity and ablution.

gur isK lY gur isK sdwXw ]ó]

gur sikh lai gur sikh sadhaayaa ||a||

Adopting the teachings of the Guru, the individual is called a Sikh of the Guru.