Why Girls "don't Find Sikh Turbaned Men Attractive"

On the BBC Asian Network Sonia Deol discusses the issue of why girls don't find Sikh turbaned men attractive.

Not surprisingly a lot of the women on the show had shallow attitudes and this programme gives the international sangat an indication of the state of Sikh women here in the UK.

However what I DID find very surprising is when a Soolha phoned in and stated he was dating a Sikh Amritdhari turbaned woman, and had been dating her for 4 years!

:6

To download this programme click here:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...st&p=399257

However what I DID find very surprising is when a Soolha phoned in and stated he was dating a Sikh Amritdhari turbaned woman, and had been dating her for 4 years!

:6

To download this programme click here:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...st&p=399257

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but its true most kuria just want a hair cut guy

Err, maybe some of you just need to start using Lynx? I and many other young turbaned, bearded Sikh men I know, never had a problem finding members of the opposite sex who were attracted to us. Explaining to them that we didn't date was more of the problem. I didn't bat them away every day, but it wasn't the way some of you guys put it across. Anyone who has this problem, maybe you should think less about the turban & beard and more about the Colgate and the soap? ;)

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

that depends on what girls you are talking about..

ive seen caucasian females with sikh men so you cant label everyone as being the same...what truly was the intention of the show and the musalman guy that called in..you gotta think about it more. maybe they wanted all dastaar wearing guys to feel bad and switch their lifestyle possibly or have SOME kind of impact on them ( especially the guy that called in, hes telling u" look one of your own is with me cus u guys arent attractive " -which btw is not true but im telling u wht they might be trying to brainwash u with)

same way many pag/dastaar wearing men prefer girls who cut their hair etc etc., why dont we ask the same question of them?

it goes both ways, in the end neither of us are short of anything, there will always be women both dastaar wearing and not who like men to have a dastaar and beard and likewise there will be men dastaar wearing or not who like women with a dastaar...

whether this is due to parchaar/lack of sikhi in families.. we as a whole need to decide.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
Err, maybe some of you just need to start using Lynx? I and many other young turbaned, bearded Sikh men I know, never had a problem finding members of the opposite sex who were attracted to us. Explaining to them that we didn't date was more of the problem. I didn't bat them away every day, but it wasn't the way some of you guys put it across. Anyone who has this problem, maybe you should think less about the turban & beard and more about the Colgate and the soap? ;)

i dont know what "lynx" is but im gonna go out on a limb here and assume that its something like gel to help you tie up and press ur dhari to ur face like its plaster...if not im sorry...BUT on that note, pleasssseee spare humanity of the sight...tying up ur beard is sooo awful, it looks really really bad and i mean really, plz just stop for the sake of humanity for real it looks so bad...might be my own opinion and those who i know around me...but if u havent started doing that, stay that way ! dont start on this it looks sooo funny, it makes ur face look liek that cat on "alice in wonderland" u guys know what im talking about ? lol

no offense, but i mean i understand if u work and u have to for ur safety etc etc, but wen ur at home and have nothing else restricting u, please restrict of this act as well

i dont know what "lynx" is but im gonna go out on a limb here and assume that its something like gel to help you tie up and press ur dhari to ur face like its plaster...if not im sorry...BUT on that note, pleasssseee spare humanity of the sight...tying up ur beard is sooo awful, it looks really really bad and i mean really, plz just stop for the sake of humanity for real it looks so bad...might be my own opinion and those who i know around me...but if u havent started doing that, stay that way ! dont start on this it looks sooo funny, it makes ur face look liek that cat on "alice in wonderland" u guys know what im talking about ? lol

no offense, but i mean i understand if u work and u have to for ur safety etc etc, but wen ur at home and have nothing else restricting u, please restrict of this act as well

lol "lynx" is deodrant, not gel. You could of just typed it in google to find out what it is. But actually that might come up with a picture of a big cat.

Because a lot of girls are susceptible to what the media portrays as attractive. Girls to tend to be naive and gullible and fickle in this respect.

If the media portrayed the image of having a beard and turban attractive,and wearing a turban and having a beard because very popular and everyone started keeping beard and aving turbans, these girls would all of a sudden would find this attractive.

Think about it, in the 1970s, having a hairy chest was seen as a sign of being a sexy male and masculinity and nowadays it would be laughed at. These days men are having their hair waxed, getting threading done and turning into big girls moisturising.

Back in the 1950s, a woman looking like Marilyn Monroe with an hour glass figure was seen as attractive, nowadays looking like a stick insect is seen as ideal.

It's all about creating insecurities so that advertisers can sell their products (call me cynical if you want), which is why girls are targetting by the marketing men.