Panth Prakash

It would be great if original one can be found. Baba Binod Singh also wrote a granth which still remains unpublished. I have not read it yet and will try to get a copy on my next visit. Also, Baba Binod Singh couldn't have gone to Hazoor Sahib since Guru Sahib became Joti Jot while Baba Banda Singh was on his way to Punjab.

Whilst your here Bijla.

Why do you think he banned onions and garlic? Seems sort of strange to me? Ok, I know thay can make you a bit smelly but still, that is an overreaction!

Whilst your here Bijla.

Why do you think he banned onions and garlic? Seems sort of strange to me? Ok, I know thay can make you a bit smelly but still, that is an overreaction!

Onions and garlic arouse one's passions, not a good thing when one is trying to attain a Sattvic lifestyle and state of being. They are banned in many Indian systems of mysticism, for example they are completely forbidden for Zen monks.

In my opninion, he was trying to force a Sadhu's diet and lifestyle on Sikhs while they were still at war.

Regards,

K.

Some good points in this debate.

It would be great if original one can be found. Baba Binod Singh also wrote a granth which still remains unpublished. I have not read it yet and will try to get a copy on my next visit. Also, Baba Binod Singh couldn't have gone to Hazoor Sahib since Guru Sahib became Joti Jot while Baba Banda Singh was on his way to Punjab.

Bilja Singh could you tell us more about the granth that Baba Binaud Singh wrote? I did not know that he wrote a Granth.

Thanks.

Whilst your here Bijla.

Onions and garlic arouse one's passions, not a good thing when one is trying to attain a Sattvic lifestyle and state of being. They are banned in many Indian systems of mysticism, for example they are completely forbidden for Zen monks.

In my opninion, he was trying to force a Sadhu's diet and lifestyle on Sikhs while they were still at war.

Regards,

K.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been really busy.

Your point agrees directly to some of the stuff that Bhangu writes about. According to him, the Tat Khalsa were against this "Sadhu" tendency in Banda and after his martyrdom the followers in both camps fought over this (and other things!).

Bijla, can you share your opionion on the matter please?