Khalistan?

S1ngh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys.......i think the original question put by Vicky Bhajee was like about how the word developed.....WHO USED IT FIRST AND SO ON? when DID it become a part of Sikh freedom fight? i think this word is not found in puraatan sikh writtings....like from the Misl periode or before...or even Ranjit Singh's state......it was ALWAYS PUNJAB...or other geographical names...like Doaba, Majha and so on....

Exactly rite.. that's what i wanna know.. Why Stan? and why sounds similar Like Pakistan, afghanistan.. is it punjabi word?

Khalistan = Land of Khalsa (?)

Vicky Singh

Is it punjabi? or persian? or Sanskrit? Do we have "stan" in our gurmukhi/punjabi vocabulary ? thanks jeee..

Its Persian....just like Hindustan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan

Like if you go to India now....many hindu ppl will refer to Hindustan as BHARAT MATA or sumthing....and the media now uses BHARAT cause HINDUSTAN is most likely a name given by tha Persians or ppl that conquered India

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vicky Bhajee....as i promised i found those books and found how the word 'khalistan' came into the Sikh freedom fight....

Here are some of the facts:

Rudi Tomsen writes in her danish book 'Sikherne; religion, politikk og terrorisme' on page 82 that:

-" dr. Vir Singh Bhatti was the first person to use the word 'Khalistan'.....it would be a buffer zone between Pakistan and India." Dr. VS Bhatti wrote it in 1940, when the Muslim League said that they wanted a Pakistan.....he wrote a pamphlet on Khalistan....perhaps 'Khalistan Scheme' [a Dr. Rajendar Parsad writes about this in his book 'India Divided'..on page 254 'Khalistan Scheme']

Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer in his book 'The SIKHS' STRUGGLE FOR SOVEREIGNTY' (http://dilgeer.com/struggle.htm) also about the use of word 'khalistan' BEFORE 1947....

here are some notes a collected from his book after read through it in 30 min.s

1) The first Sikhs who pesented a demand for a seperate Sikh state were 'Babbar Akalis'. Alongside the formation of the Akali Dal....a more radical group of Sikhs was formed in 1920s!! They called themselves 'Babbar Akalis' (perhaps the Babbar Khalsa Singhs of 70-90s are a modern version of these Babbar Akalis).....Their main demand was 'self-control in India, freedom from British and Sikh rule in Punjab' it is not clear whether they used the word Khalistan in their struggle

2) On page 79 of his book Dr. Dilgeer talks of Dr. Vir Singh Bhatti of Ludhiana (chapter 13..The Inevitable Betrayl). He also sa

ys that Dr. Bhatti wrote a phamplet on Khalistan AND USED THE WORD KHALISTAN in 1940!!!!

Next pages:

3) Baba Gurdit Singh and 125 Sikh leaders came together and decieded to appeal for Khalistan/Sikhistan. They contacted the British telling them to hand back the Kingdom of Maharaja Dalip Singh. They had a demand for 'Guru Khalsa Raaj' in Khalistan/Sikhistan/Punjab of the Maharaja!!!!!! [source: The Tribune, March 21, 1940]

4) Some day later the Jagraon Conference was held in which the Malwa Sikhs participated. On May 24, 1940 demand for Khalistan [The tribune, May 29 1940]

5) In 1942, Master Tara Singh asks for a Azad Punjab. It would be a zone where both hindus, muslims and sikhs could live in peace. Jinnah/The muslims who wanted a "muslim" country could have the Northern Front areas + muslim areas od Punjab. The Muslims agreed! The Hindus of "Pakistan" went against it. In the Akali [party magazine of Akali Dal, 1942] the article 'The Idea of a Sikh State' was published, written by Gurbachan Singh and Lal Singh where it is said that the Sikh National College (perhaps of Lahore OR Ludhaina, i do not remember) supported making of a Azad Punjab!

6) On March 10, 1946 SGPC passed a resolution for making of a Sikh State.......!

All this proves that the idea of Sikh State was present before 1947! And that the first person who first used the word 'Khalistan' was Dr. Vir Singh Bhatti in 1940. Later on, both Sikhistan and Khalistan is used for the Punjab where 'Guru Khalsa Raaj' would be established.

All in all it can be said that:

1) All Sikh political facions wanted to create a UNITED BHARAT/INDIA...where religion or etnicity were not the reason of divide.

2) If Pakistan was to be created, Khalistan/Sikhistan/Azad Punjab is A MUST!

3) Both Pakistan and Indian leaders promised that AFTER the control was handed over to them from the British they would talk of a Khalistan

/Sikh State....before THAT IT WAS OF NO USE! this clearly shows that they (both India and Pakistan) were never interested in Sikhs' views and wanted to have as much area as they could. The Sikhs however after it was clear that Pakistan would be made, demanded the making of a Sikh State. But when Nehru said that 'the Sikhs of Punjab surely need to be given special treatment, and it is possible that there could be a Sikh State in the North where thwy can live peacfully'. The Sikh leaders therefore decided to join India...AND WAIT FOR THE MAKING OF KHALISTAN whcih was promised but never acted upon! Secondly there were some moderate pro-congress factions within Sikhs who apposed the making of a Sikh State. Some others as, Baldev Singh wanted a 'Jatstan' for the Jatts in the North!

Deep....

• 2 weeks later...

:nihungsmile: Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Khalistan has been promised to the sikhs since independence day in 1947!, ^_^ we were promised it bby the ind gov. but our leaders, i 4got there names, got involved in money probably and like this the indian government is taking us around obstacles, they do not want to loose panjab as it is the most fertilised land in india and nuf food is brought from there, it is alsoo the richest state in india, and obviously u dnt want to loose the richest state.

But, we will get Khalistan, I am 100percent sure, i promise you. guaranteed. wubb.gif

KHALISTAN ZINDABAAD! :g