To All The Amrit Dharii Boyzz

Guest __braah__

Guest __jamdoot__

vjkk vjkf

its annoying when u see so called men (more like little boys) with ther big done up cars! esp when ur the onli singh in that place that dosn't cuse u get ppl asking u y dnt u put sum alloyz on dem,,,i tell them why i dnt alloys i wldnt even go near the stuff! its realli hard,,,,wen u try n tell them it says in gurbani, not to have fancy rides and mayaaa,,it lyk wel they do it so u must have the wrong idea...its jst ur thinking,,,,and then they get into an argument with u..and all the antiya gang up on u,,,,,its so annoying! and its lyk stay away from our kids ur teaching them wrong stuff!!!! u jst wna knock sum sence into the singh that do spend all day polishing the ride! whats the point? its just metal and plastic! y not jst be happi with what u got!? .uve basicaly got nothing to stand on becuse distar tying men are driving around in sooped up alloyed private plated carz! i knw we shldnt judge ppl becuse distar tying singhs tht polish up kars may havae much more baani naam inside them more than a singh in a datsun! the confidence thing....its ur mind playing tricks on u....u shld be confident uve got a crown! what else do u need?! that should give u enough confidence! we should be unique.....i dnt understand how mens can drive to mahrajs darbar with their Karz all done up!!!

come on!! we're meant to be unique!!!! how r we goan do that if theez boys are acting lyk goraas! wats the point in having a sooped karcar...its horrible! makes u look small and ten times worsee!!!! u onli feel ugly becuse u think ur ugly! no ones ugly! esp if ur guru da sikh! the kar wont help u pull FACT

argh so annoying!!!!

im really sorry if i hurt anyone...its jsut what i feel, it hurts wen u see blokes n ther dun up kars,,,why are they not cont4ent with a datsun,,,its jst lyk there tryin to fit in with scociety,,,,there,s no point init.........

vjkk vjkf

message to the likkle boyz on this forum , grow up

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest __jamdoot__
if you work hard then you have earned luxuries such as cars, remember Sikhs are not Yogis who sit in the mountains without any belongings

If your insecure about your look's and you need a bigg azzz car to feel better about yourself, you got a deeper problem than just materialism. It's funny on one side majority amritdharis say accept the way God made you, but then they sit all afternoon slappin polishz on the cars with the other hand. Hiding behind a bi expensive car is a no no; accept it.

Cars is good as dust. Once again its the insecurity in a person that brings this on. Guru Gobind Singh already gave us the five diamonds that he wanted us to have.

Come one Amritdharis you should know better, illusions are only going to hinder you spiritually.

. men shudnt have a done up ride because it creates the illusion the person look's 'nicer'. A person is percieved to look 'nicer' / be richer and amazing sitting in a done up ride t on, but really that's not them. This makes the person insecure about their looks and worse they are stuck in illusions.

There is a reason why people do up there carz/ want an expensive car and this reason is due to insecurity and/or worldly attachments.

Read Jap ji Sahib more closely on ang 4, and anything a person does affect the soul positively or negatively. In this case it's neatively. It's easy to destroy the soul, but to mend it-it takes a life time.

Guest Guest

not saying its wrong, but wouldnt it logically make more sence for a completely guru oreintated person to spend whatever 'extra' money they had (as in money aside from what they need i.e, food shelter) to spend it on others that dont have those basic needs...wouldnt a gursikh do this out of the compassion that they cannot simpliy watch others suffer, instead of spending it on alloys and kitting up cars

Guest Li__Guddi

funny how no boys have thought it was wrong, but the similar topic on girls seems to have all the opinions of those lot . Where are your clever arguements now, just admit when you have been beaten

Guest Papi
Dugh Dugh Dugh Dugh ... i m married to my royal enfield ... Dugh Dugh Dugh Dugh

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Jassa sio absolutely killed it!!! I found that too funny :lol:

Guest Papi
funny how no boys have thought it was wrong, but the similar topic on girls seems to have all the opinions of those lot . Where are your clever arguements now, just admit when you have been beaten

Perhaps because there aren't any(?) topics involving girls with materialistic possessions? In case you didn't notice, a lot of the replies are just jokes. A few replies (by jamdoot, and "guest") on Page 2 are the only ones that add anything to the discussion. Discussions are not (should not be) about "beating" someone, they should be used to further one's understanding by looking at different viewpoints.

From what little I have seen, girls tend to be an easier target due to pressure put on them by society to remove hair. I find it very interesting that for most people, at least on this forum, Sikhi starts and ends with keeping unshorn hair and it looks like there isn't much that needs to be done to tame the inside.

Now, to add my 2 cents to this topic. One needs a vehicle to get from point A to point B, as long as the vehicle doesn't give any problems, it is sufficient. To add rims or a sound system to a car, or even to buy an expensive car with lots of bells and whistles is generally (perhaps mostly entirely) done for show purposes, which feeds the ego, which is not good for one's spiritual life.

Whether we like it not, these things do matter if you are living in society. If you don't agree with me, then I have to say that you have not seen the world. This is the same as parents buying bigger houses as their kids get closer to marriage-able age, at least in Canada it seems to be the case. Same can be said about girls and guys buying expensive designer clothes, which most of us do. We can extend it even further, how about buying expensive choley and expensive kirpan's etc.....As with most spiritual matters, there is really no limit to how deep you can go with this. In the end, one should evaluate themselves if the material possessions are causing spiritual harm or not.

wow... :6

first of all.. whats this about BOYs having nice cars?

girls can customize their cars as nicely as boys can!

and there's nothing wrong with customizing a car..

to the girls who think only guys wanna customize their rides, you're completely mistaken :D

anyway.. what's with all these inconsiderate comments..?

If your insecure about your look's and you need a bigg azzz car to feel better about yourself, you got a deeper problem than just materialism. It's funny on one side majority amritdharis say accept the way God made you, but then they sit all afternoon slappin polishz on the cars with the other hand. Hiding behind a bi expensive car is a no no; accept it.

errr.... "majority amritdharis say accept the way God made you, but then they sit all afternoon slappin polishz on the cars with the other hand." umm...

they sit all afternoon slappin polish on cars, eh? i gotta say, that's one the poorest judgements i've ever come across. pretty sad to hear these judgments made when not knowing a single thing about the person with the car. and "hiding behind a big expensive car"?.. who's hiding? no one is hiding. so why don't YOU accept it..?

i believe you should think more than once when generalizing a certain group of people. it aint nice.

however, i gotta agree with the fact that there are insecure people out there who get cars and stuff to feel better... but i've yet to come across a Gursikh like that.

Cars is good as dust. Once again its the insecurity in a person that brings this on. Guru Gobind Singh already gave us the five diamonds that he wanted us to have.

Come one Amritdharis you should know better, illusions are only going to hinder you spiritually.

material items are not good to be attached to, ya. cars are nothing when we're talking about life and deeds.

but it's not like we're gonna drive the cars to impress Guru ji when our time comes.

and ya.. we should hold on to the 5 kakaars given to us. but having a car doesn't mean you're letting go of the 5 kakaars man.. what's up with that talk? :S

men shudnt have a done up ride because it creates the illusion the person look's 'nicer'. A person is percieved to look 'nicer' / be richer and amazing sitting in a done up ride t on, but really that's not them. This makes the person insecure about their looks and worse they are stuck in illusions.

There is a reason why people do up there carz/ want an expensive car and this reason is due to insecurity and/or worldly attachments.

ok.. honestly... not all people who have customized cars are insecure, or wanna look rich/amazing. a customized car doesn't equal worldly attachment, unless that person really can't live without it. for example a person who can't afford to buy his kids proper winter-wear because he spends/spent too much $ on his car. THAT is an attachment..

some people just like certain types of cars. you can't just say a person is showing off or wants to look richer than someone else because of a vehicle.

that's like personA asking why personB's brother wears GAP all the time..and then personB asking why personA's brother wears mexx all the time.

it's cuz one boy likes GAP and the other likes mexx.

:S ...like why hate people cuz of what they like...? isn't THAT against Sikhi?........

doesn't make sense.

and what do you mean by "MEN shouldn't have a done up ride....."

girls should, eh? i like the way you think lol :cool:

Read Jap ji Sahib more closely on ang 4, and anything a person does affect the soul positively or negatively. In this case it's neatively. It's easy to destroy the soul, but to mend it-it takes a life time.

yo... honestly man.. you jumping to a conclusion such as a person with a customized car means her/his soul is affected negatively.. that's not even concluding. that's jumping to conclusions because of what YOU think is not right.

honestly, leave the judgments up to God. who knows how good of a person she/he with that customized ride is.. don't judge.

leave that up to God.

...wen u try n tell them it says in gurbani, not to have fancy rides and mayaaa,,it lyk wel they do it so u must have the wrong idea...its jst ur thinking,,,,and then they get into an argument with u..and all the antiya gang up on u,,,,,its so annoying! and its lyk stay away from our kids ur teaching them wrong stuff!!!! u jst wna knock sum sence into the singh that do spend all day polishing the ride! whats the point? its just metal and plastic!...

ok, i think you're hating the singhs with customized cars a little too much........

"fancy rides" does not equal showing mayaa. showing mayaa is when someone is talking about it, or when that person gets their car all customized when she/he is unable to afford paying some of her/his bills. THAT is showing off. don't judge these people, seeing them as inconsiderate fools who dont help those in need.. when in reality, they could be helping a LOT of people. i mean, there are very successful sikh families out there who support those in need, but still have a lot of money left.. do you expect them to throw their money in the garbage?????

whats the point? its just metal and plastic! y not jst be happi with what u got!? .uve basicaly got nothing to stand on becuse distar tying men are driving around in sooped up alloyed private plated carz! i knw we shldnt judge ppl becuse distar tying singhs tht polish up kars may havae much more baani naam inside them more than a singh in a datsun!

ok.. if you know you shouldn't judge the amritdhari people who got customized cars, then why are you showing so much... hatred/disgust AND still judging? that's hypocritical.

and then they get into an argument with u..and all the antiya gang up on u,,,,,its so annoying! and its lyk stay away from our kids ur teaching them wrong stuff!!!! u jst wna knock sum sence into the singh that do spend all day polishing the ride!....

who's teaching kids wrong things? why do you wanna knock some 'sense' into a person because they spend "all" day polishing her/his car? (and i have yet to see a man, let alone a singh, spending an entire day polishing his car.)

and what aunties are you talking about??

what on earth do they say?? :S

...the confidence thing....its ur mind playing tricks on u....u shld be confident uve got a crown! what else do u need?! that should give u enough confidence! we should be unique...come on!! we're meant to be unique!!!!

argh so annoying!!!!

vjkk vjkf

umm.. confidence having a crown...? mind playing tricks on people? being unique...? seriously.. those things don't have to do with polishing up cars man.. and i gotta say.. those with nice cars would be the unique ones, don't you think? :rolleyes:

and confidence with the dastaar? what do you mean "that should give you enough confidence"

doesn't having a nice car show confidence.. (lol. that's how i see it anyway.. :umm: )

and having a customized ride doesn't mean it's a bad "unique".

seriously, there's nothing wrong with having a nice ride... :S

and why are you so annoyed by people having nice cars? :S

seriously.. how is affecting you so much, that you gotta say "it's so annoying"..?

message to the likkle boyz on this forum , grow up

having a customized car doesn't mean the person is immature.... <_<

i dnt understand how mens can drive to mahrajs darbar with their Karz all done up!!!

now that ^^^^ is something i agree with 100+% :D lol

when with Sangat, no one should stand out. driving in 'hot' rides to the Gurudwara isn't right. (like those people who take their customized hummers, with that weird picture of a 'jatt'. that's just low...)

come on!! we're meant to be unique!!!! how r we goan do that if theez boys are acting lyk goraas!

ummm.... goraas? customizing rides has NOTHING to do with being goraa. if you think it's wrong to judge, why are you being so hypocritical? :S

most of the boys who i know have customized rides are actually mexican. i'd say white boys get their cars customized the least.

and please......PLEEEASE..

"acting lyk goraas" you say? did you know there are active goraa members on this site? they are also gursikh and understand punjabi as much as english. they've gone to miri piri academy.

please think before stating certain things. stereotyping is not polite.

please don't judge people..

whether you're talking about singhs, people with nice cars, nice houses, goraas or who/whatever, it's not right to judge. leave that to God.

just because someone has a nice paintjob, rims/spinners, body kits etc, doesn't mean that person is showing off. Guru ji does not want us to have tu-tee fu-tee cars you know...

when someone has luxurious items, it's wrong to think they're showing off, or that they don't spend money on helping others. there are a LOT of people who work hard and support many families (apart from those supported with their Dasvand), but still can afford luxurious things.

let me tell you again.. Guru ji would not want Gursikhs in tuttee futtee cars....

honestly speaking, an amritdhari should have a car that is clean and well maintained (unless cannot afford it, of course. but we're talking about showing off etc).

whether the sikh wishes to customize her/her car is up to her/him.

we can't judge people with souped up cars, thinking they're showing off :S

it doesn't make any sense. we, sikhs, are always being judged and stuff, so how do you think it's right for someone to judge another by their vehicle??? :S :6

i'm sure you know how sikhs are judged. it's not a very comforting feeling when hearing a person from the sikh community talk this way about singhs without knowing them.. and just because of their cars??? :| kinda lame, i'd say.

oh and btw.. i'm getting my lime green car soon. i'm excited. it will be very nicely customized. :)

not excited to show it off, you know. it's just because lime green is one of my favourite colours and my mom didn't let me paint my room lime green or anything else of the sort.. :lol:

and again.. Guru ji would not want Gursikhs driving tuttee futtee cars...... <_<

oh btw.. ONLY God can judge me. :rolleyes:

p.s.

to 'guest' who posted May 25

YELLOW is a GREAT colour for a ferrari :p

oh and... as long as your car doesn't look something like the following, you're good.

post-3369-1244172054_thumb.jpg

Guest Papi

Disclaimer: This is not pointed to anyone in particular but to everyone (myself included)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein