Gurdwara Scandal - Singh Sabha Uk (havelock Road, Southall)

You were taking the mick b4? You said the committee are aware. Surely they are the ones who can truely do something?

Besides I'm worried they might try and fix me up to a Hindu.

"1kAuR1"

By the way how did you know that it was a three course meal. Did you attend? Or are you one of the organisers?

Who knows for certain if there were 'hindus' at this mingle or simply monas and thats what's gotten the original posters kachaa in a knot, either way, it's good the Gurdwara is showing some initiative in helping to guide Sikh youth towards staying within the community, instead of sitting on the benches (or message boards) and just angrily decrying any type of attempts others make, without doing anything themselves.

drama queen? moi? the title of this topic is "gurdwara scandal" yet im the drama queen? i think you have the wrong end of the stick, my point is simple dont try to impose your views on others. let people marry as they wish. better to marry a good hindu/christian/muslim/athiest rather than a bad sikh person. religion is not the most important thing in life for some people and for others it is the most important thing in life.

drama queen? moi? the title of this topic is "gurdwara scandal" yet im the drama queen? i think you have the wrong end of the stick, my point is simple dont try to impose your views on others. let people marry as they wish. better to marry a good hindu/christian/muslim/athiest rather than a bad sikh person. religion is not the most important thing in life for some people and for others it is the most important thing in life.

If that's the case Why are you posting on a Sikh forum?

i dont get your point? if what is the case?

Everytime you are told facts about Sikhi, you dispute them. Do you have a purpose for posting in the forum. You make no sense, you say it is ok for cult leaders to practice their religion. However if their religon is a misguided interpretation of an existing faith, which basically also slanders it, this is ok?

Remember Waco, Texas?

Kalyug u r right. No Gurukaghar should be promoting interfaith marriages as it contravenes maryada. End of discussion.

However, we must realise with all these new Gurdwara complexes being built, revenue streams are necessary. Consequently, Sikhi is being comprimised to bring in the money to pay for the lavish buildings. Remember, this matrimonial service brings in cash to the golak.

I heard on the weekend that a Gurdwara in the north of England stopped wedding parties in one of its facilities in the Gurdwara complex -they made a loss of £21k in the last year !

Myia and ignorance have allot to play in this....

Everytime you are told facts about Sikhi, you dispute them. Do you have a purpose for posting in the forum. You make no sense, you say it is ok for cult leaders to practice their religion. However if their religon is a misguided interpretation of an existing faith, which basically also slanders it, this is ok?

Remember Waco, Texas?

of course its ok. as long as they dont force you to change your beliefs then you should force them to change theirs. i may post where i wish. if there is something wrong with my posts then thats for the mods to deal with.