Sikh Channel Petition

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I have started this petition because I believe many of us are fed up of Sikh Channel screening all day the names of the sponsors! It doesn't make the sponsor larger if you screen it! All we would like you to do is, take the flipping names of the sponsors!!! It is NOT going to make a difference if you have them up! You could use that space to advertise, 1million Chaupai Sahib jaaps! or Bow protest, or 1984 25th annual march! And its ok if you have then sponosr call 0800 blah blah, but make it smaller, so people can concenrate more on the programme than the text!!!

And when you have the repeat of the ex-live programmes, why don't you just take the live text off?

It would make life more easier!

So whoever agrees please leave a message of support, if not please don't reply...

I hope Sikh channel will listen!

wjkk wjkf

A few Ad's would not ruin the Sikh channel. Of course they would require some financial backing to deliver the sangat fantastic programmes. Instead of ranting about minor scratches, why can't we just appreciate what the Sikh channel has done for us. You see this is a typical response from our community, as soon as they see minor flaws they just throw more petrol on the fire. This is the first Sikh channel ever, lets support it through the hard times. It is doing amazing seva for the British Sikh community. May Waheguru Bless the Sikh Channel.

wjkk wjkf

Im not from UK, but any big seva like this requires HUGE funds.

The question to ask oneself, are you contributing any dasvand? Will it be enough?

There is nothing wrong in advertising and giving recognition to those that contributed. They may not be all sikhs, just trying to get their business recognized, and if it means well for both sides then why not? They may be generous next time around and give double the amount! This is what marketing is all about. If you dont have funds for the channel, theres no way it will run unless you have someone with you with $$.

Yes, the layout can be changed, and I believe "Sikh Channel" Sevadar already said in another thread that they are going to be bringing it up with their sevadars.

He also said they are lacking sevadars. Why not get up, and attend their meetings and be part of their organization?

Since the start Sikh Channel have been improving and I personally thank the people that help out on the channel.

The adverts are on their because they are contributing towards the channel financially. If you can give money to keep the channel going..go ahead and do so!

:)

Dhan Gursikh

Sikhchannel has done so much good work and we need to appreciate the work of all the sewadars behind the channel. Unlike others they have been very receptive to the constructive criticism from the Sangat and have changed things a great deal. They are only a few months old and even so they have achieved things that we never thought were possible.

SO rather than criticise them on minor things we should all be supporting them, the channel is a hugh undertaking and it requires funds and they are getting them through sponsorships. People being what they are only a few will ever send donations if they thought that their names will not be displayed.

Just having a small ticker going across the bottom of the screen is a small price to pay for having such a great resource such as Sikhchannel.

Guest confusingh

Sikh channel are doing a great job... keep it up guys!

Running a television channel requires vast vast amounts of capital and I mean ALOT just to start up to maintain and run the channel effectively even more is required... advertising and sponsoring is the source of alot of capital and within a Sikhi method of obtaining capital it has do be done legitimately and give the sponsors an incentive to fund the channel... I don't agree with anything the original poster has said it's not practical at all... in theory sounds like a nice idea and I agree with your view, but in terms of how practical it is, well it would only probably work in fairy land where money grows on trees,

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Singh#, please come and see us in person. When you start donating £10,000 a month to us to run the channel, we will stop the ads at the bottom of the screen. Its easy to sit behind a screen all day on a forum - but all it takes is for you to come down and meet with us. Please contact me to arrange an appointment and we can come to some agreement and you can help us raise the funds in other ways.

Thank you to all else for your support.

I think it would actually be good to open up little donation boxes for the Sikh Channel in local Gurdwaras.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I have started this petition because I believe many of us are fed up of Sikh Channel screening all day the names of the sponsors! It doesn't make the sponsor larger if you screen it! All we would like you to do is, take the flipping names of the sponsors!!! It is NOT going to make a difference if you have them up! You could use that space to advertise, 1million Chaupai Sahib jaaps! or Bow protest, or 1984 25th annual march! And its ok if you have then sponosr call 0800 blah blah, but make it smaller, so people can concenrate more on the programme than the text!!!

And when you have the repeat of the ex-live programmes, why don't you just take the live text off?

It would make life more easier!

So whoever agrees please leave a message of support, if not please don't reply...

I hope Sikh channel will listen!

LOL! Mate you're acting as if the text covers up the whole screen, it's only a little portion of the screen - say something positive or change the channel instead of creating hate threads.