Indian Unis Can Bar Brow Plucking Sikhs

or they might be resentful at having been kicked out and end up at another uni full of non-sikhs, where she'll end up under more hindustani influences. then she'll qualify and start treating patients. along comes a sikh with all the 5 ks.........what is she going to think? 'oh another sikh! at uni i met so many great gursikhs who encouraged me to find my roots and be a better sikh' or 'oh god, it looks like one of those who kicked me out for not looking like a sikh. see if i care how ill he is.......'?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest confusingh
well maybe if these people start keeping their hair and get into the uni, they might start to like keeping there hair and get into sikhi.

LOL!

Education should be based on merit not what religion u follow

Agree 100% Why have they got a university just for Sikhs? Isnt this promoting segregation. The University should focus more on educating folk rather than the eyebrows of women.

Depends if the regular universities discriminate agaisnt practing Sikhs. There was probably a need to uphold these rules to make sure practising Sikhs could get an education compared to non - practising eye brow plucking woman (according to mainstream sikhi anyway) who could go anywhere else and not be seen as different!

Just a thought.

This is a sad story... The sikhs of today are brainwashed by british tat-khalsa ideology. Even sehajdharis in the past had never suffered this sort of exclusion. It's sad to see how much bhasauria and other mind-sets have influenced todays sikhi. more than half of the people on this forum are inlfuenced by it, whether they know it or not.

If i was left in charge, I would refuse akal sehnas application

Lol I'd refuse me too

Guest confusingh
or they might be resentful at having been kicked out and end up at another uni full of non-sikhs, where she'll end up under more hindustani influences. then she'll qualify and start treating patients. along comes a sikh with all the 5 ks.........what is she going to think? 'oh another sikh! at uni i met so many great gursikhs who encouraged me to find my roots and be a better sikh' or 'oh god, it looks like one of those who kicked me out for not looking like a sikh. see if i care how ill he is.......'?

Or she may generalise us all to be narrow-minded, uneducated, rigid, talibanised, factory worker, illogical people?

For ruining her career, and saying oh well you're not Sikh enough for us lol... go be another religion....

then :@ for the girl embracing another religion which allowed her to live her life to help others (OH WAIT... I thought thats what Sikhi teaches?)

Lets invite mr.contradiction to our argument, he seems to be good friends with alot of the Sikh organisations nowadays!

Or she may generalise us all to be narrow-minded, uneducated, rigid, talibanised, factory worker, illogical people?

For ruining her career, and saying oh well you're not Sikh enough for us lol... go be another religion....

then :@ for the girl embracing another religion which allowed her to live her life to help others (OH WAIT... I thought thats what Sikhi teaches?)

Lets invite mr.contradiction to our argument, he seems to be good friends with alot of the Sikh organisations nowadays!

eh? reading my post back to myself i can see its not that clear. what i'm saying is that an experience like this is going to affect how she views other sikhs. i've seen some pretty chardikala keshdaris and moneh get really upset when an amritdhari at the gurudwara (who isnt perfect himself) has a go at them and says that they arent proper sikhs. if this goes on its the panth that suffers.

we wonder why sikhs dont say SSA to each other on the street. in a few days it will be the 6th june.....operation bluestar anniversary. the operation was carried out by a 'sikh'. some of the commandos may have been sikh. the punjab police and army who fought us in the 84-93 war had sikhs in them. no one asks why they did it. but look at a story like this and you can see where it starts. if people want to 'spartanise' the faith, go ahead. but when there is no one left to moan at, what will you do? and if you dont understand what i'm saying go and read about the downfall of sparta. hopefully you'll see the similarities.

edit: haha, i get what you mean. i was like 'who the hell is Mr. Contradiction?!' but yeah you are right.

Geo, I regard that as an insult, many of Singhnis ARE hairy, and I don't think you have a right to judge them, because I find it very chardikalla that they keep their Kesh (facial etc) in THIS DARK AFE OF KALYUG.

Anybody can become a Sikh by chanting lords name after bathing in the wee hours of the morning. But a true Singh/Kaur of the Guru is only the one who keeps full rehit and is Tyar Bar Tyar - sabat surat dastara sira and for Singhs also siddha dhara. The one who keeps 5 Kakaars (Kesh is a part of the Kakkaars I think, may my liberal minded brothers correct me if I'm wrong), 4 Bujjar Kurehit etc + the qualities of a Sikh (Naam Daan Ishnaan) makes one complete Saint Soldier, Singh/Kaur of Guru Maharaj.

But on a side note, I don't think the girl should be denied entry, we allow EVERYONE regardless of caste creed faith etc in our Gurughars, then why not in our universities? Aren't we discriminating others ourself? Challo, lets assume shes not "Sikh", but even then I don't think its right for her not to be accepted only because she is not a "Sikh".

BTW, for those who haven't understood till now, there IS a difference between Sikh and Singh/Kaur.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Geo, I regard that as an insult, many of Singhnis ARE hairy, and I don't think you have a right to judge them, because I find it very chardikalla that they keep their Kesh (facial etc) in THIS DARK AFE OF KALYUG.

Anybody can become a Sikh by chanting lords name after bathing in the wee hours of the morning. But a true Singh/Kaur of the Guru is only the one who keeps full rehit and is Tyar Bar Tyar - sabat surat dastara sira and for Singhs also siddha dhara. The one who keeps 5 Kakaars (Kesh is a part of the Kakkaars I think, may my liberal minded brothers correct me if I'm wrong), 4 Bujjar Kurehit etc + the qualities of a Sikh (Naam Daan Ishnaan) makes one complete Saint Soldier, Singh/Kaur of Guru Maharaj.

But on a side note, I don't think the girl should be denied entry, we allow EVERYONE regardless of caste creed faith etc in our Gurughars, then why not in our universities? Aren't we discriminating others ourself? Challo, lets assume shes not "Sikh", but even then I don't think its right for her not to be accepted only because she is not a "Sikh".

BTW, for those who haven't understood till now, there IS a difference between Sikh and Singh/Kaur.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

it was only and opinion and a joke as well. i didnt mean to offend you brother

I don't know how to say this without being all PC so I am going to say it directly:

This rule is stupid!

I mean, if you're going to not let someone in based on their appearance (btw, doesn't that sound kind of racist?), then I hope those who commit sins (like drinking) aren't allowed in as well. Also, if a Sikh doesn't pray then that Sikh shouldn't be allowed to go to this school either.

The point I am trying to make is this:

It is easy to pick and choose what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as long it doesn't affect you.

This is why Sikhi never grow and people will continue viewing Sikhi in a wrong way. We need to have leaders who actually have a brain instead of pindus running our schools and gurdwaras. Don’t these leaders understand that this rule just push people away from Sikhi instead of bringing them in the panth?