Indian Unis Can Bar Brow Plucking Sikhs

This decision does seem harsh and does automatically wipeout 98% of the Sikh community, however Sikhi has never been about numbers.

We need good quality Sikhs!

Perhaps those now outcasted will feel motivated to be a part of the Panth. Well hopefully!

sister keeping kesh is first condition of sikhi see the full judgement in page 4 of this topic I have posted

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to say this without being all PC so I am going to say it directly:

This rule is stupid!

I mean, if you're going to not let someone in based on their appearance (btw, doesn't that sound kind of racist?), then I hope those who commit sins (like drinking) aren't allowed in as well. Also, if a Sikh doesn't pray then that Sikh shouldn't be allowed to go to this school either.

The point I am trying to make is this:

It is easy to pick and choose what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as long it doesn't affect you.

This is why Sikhi never grow and people will continue viewing Sikhi in a wrong way. We need to have leaders who actually have a brain instead of pindus running our schools and gurdwaras. Don’t these leaders understand that this rule just push people away from Sikhi instead of bringing them in the panth?

no r immaterial sikhi is religion of conviction not convince see the SAKHI REHAT KI AND GURSHOBHA EVEN INTERACTING WITH SIRGUMS MAKES U TANKHIIAS THOSE ACCORDING TO BHAI NAND LAL JI DICTATED TO HIM BY DASMESH PITA JI THOSE WHO TRIMS OR CUTTS THE HAIR IS LIKE HAVING PHSYSICA; RELATIONS WITH THEIR DAUGHTERS NOTHING CAN BE EXTREME INJUCTIONS LIKE THIS PATIT WORD IS LESS HARSH GURU NANAK DEV JI AND GURU GOBIND SINGH USED WORDS SIRGUM MEANS HEADLESS PERSON.

There is a letter written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji to 2 sehajdharis(ill try to find it) in which he adresses them as his Khalsa.

I keep my kes just as most of you do, but to say that a mona is not a sikh is absurd. I think your extremely minute intellects and lack of consciousnss has blurred your sense of reason. I find it very sad that you look down on sehajdharis and also insulting. But the saddest part is that most of you are going to stay on these forums for a long time talking about non-sense such as this topic. Instead of writing idiotic posts and reading scriptures i suggest you dwell on Naam and try to have some inner experiences as your antashkarans need a lot of work.

sikhi is for sikhs. sikh institutions are for sikhs. if there can be reservations for scheduled castes in every walk of life, if the union govt of india wants to implement reservation for so called backward classes in private sector too, then why cannot sikhs have some seats reserved for sikhs in instituions built on sacrifices of sikhs. is that too much too ask for? what do people expect? who the hell cares what others think. guru gobind singh gave shaheedi of his entire family for the common man and how did that common man pay him back? by voting back to power the rajiv gandhi govt in 86 who did genocide on his people in 84? if you don't like to live the way guru nanak wanted you to live then you have no right to enter an institution built after him. go stop modi and fanatical raj thackrey first. it has become a fashion to mock sikhs and sikhi, even by sikh youth who have no idea about sikhi but are focused only on sex. go to hell.

I think some people are slightly confused.

The girl who wanted to be given a place in the uni was asking for a reserved seat for Sikhs, the rest of the places for non sikhs etc were already taken. She was denied that seat on the basis that she doesnt keep kesh.

She doesnt deserve the seat if she cant follow one of the basic tenents of Sikhi, surely she must show some dedication to the faith as an entrance criteria?

Guest confusingh
sikhi is for sikhs. sikh institutions are for sikhs. if there can be reservations for scheduled castes in every walk of life, if the union govt of india wants to implement reservation for so called backward classes in private sector too, then why cannot sikhs have some seats reserved for sikhs in instituions built on sacrifices of sikhs. is that too much too ask for? what do people expect? who the hell cares what others think. guru gobind singh gave shaheedi of his entire family for the common man and how did that common man pay him back? by voting back to power the rajiv gandhi govt in 86 who did genocide on his people in 84? if you don't like to live the way guru nanak wanted you to live then you have no right to enter an institution built after him. go stop modi and fanatical raj thackrey first. it has become a fashion to mock sikhs and sikhi, even by sikh youth who have no idea about sikhi but are focused only on sex. go to hell.

LOLLL!!!

is this for real?

Guest confusingh

Ok im going to try and explain this as slow as I possibly can so those who didn't initially understand my point hopefully will...

1) I'm not saying breaking rehat is good or defending it, all I'm saying is we are not a discriminatory religion, so if we discriminate on the basis of to what extent a person is a Sikh then we aren't actually allowing a person to pursue their life as they intended, this surely can't be a Sikh approach to life, I thought we were about tolerance and guiding others to Gurmat, not dismissing!

2) If we are to follow as Lotus_flower says, and I respect her views as she shares beliefs of the whole conversion to islam issue, but lets say approx 5% (probably closer to 2% but I'll be generous for argument's sake) of the 25 million sikhs (approx) are Amritdhari Sikhs who live fully within Rehat, that makes us 1.25 million in numbers... do you seriously not understand the implications of having only 1.25 million as 'qualified' Sikhs? If not I'm seriously worried about the lack of education within Sangat, if we don't learn how to gain power and have an influence, how are we ever going to prosper...

Ok lets go on to another issue because this Uni admission thing is wrong, she should be let in, as I said before we are not discriminatory and I'm completely against the fact that a candidate won't be able to fulfill their potential, due to them not fitting the institute's definition of a Sikh, yes she should keep rehat, but she shouldn't be discriminated on these grounds. Thats my personal opinion... But lookin on the issue of political rights and influence, are you seriously telling me 1.25 million of the 7,000,000,000 approx population of the world are going to have any influence anywhere? ... not at all, look at history past revolutions etc. this just doesn't work, unity and power in numbers is the ONLY way to gain any political influence, and maintain any democratic say over rights and policies set... I think alot of sangat is forgetting how much 1.25 million is in the scale of a country or the globe....

So if you're pro-independence for Sikhs, then explain to me how 1.25 million people in a democratic manner or even a non-democratic manner can be acknowledged independence, that number is so insignificant no country in the world would ever think about acknowledging a seperate state for simply 1.25 million people.... also the rights and policies we would have would be a complete joke, we would be living in India as Hindus, and also if we were to say Sehajdhari Sikhs are not Sikhs... then what would they become?.... Hindus? Muslims? Christians? I don't understand is there no use of logic behind this that is what makes no sense to me as a Gursikh....

I've always been concerned about the lack of education within Sikh youth its appauling, not many youngsters know anything about politics or implications of laws passed, they support things blindly, I've seen Singhs supporting BNP, reduction of Sikh population and in turn rights and other issues being denied that any sane person would think we're uneducated brainwashed freaks with no knowledge of our own future never mind the global future.... We have several Khalistan Internet Soldiers who most likely will say this theory of only Amritdhari Sikhs are to be classed as Sikhs, but they pay no regard to how us as Gursikhs will have no influence whatsoever and our chance of independence... wave bye bye to it, our rights will be minimal and treatment as of second class citizens is inevitable, 1.25 million is nothing on the scaled of a very small country, why do you people think its going to make an effect on 1.5 billion strong country of India or even anywhere else... its ridiculous how people are making judgements without any thought, don't go around saying things without thought in your everyday lives, you might get sectioned or something!...EDUCATE DON'T DISCRIMINATE!

The girl was refused a position that was RESERVED for Sikh students. You do actually have to meet the Sikh requirement to get a place in the uni.

If you cant be a Sikh i.e. keep the Rehat you should apply somewhere where you can look like as <banned word filter activated> and get a place. By giving her a place the SGPC would be saying we have a rehat maryada but we are going to completely ignore it and give this part time Sikh a place.