A Punjabi Praying To Jesus!

Guest _AK-47_

Guest _AK-47_

There is a punjabi guy who is non amritdhari but used to go to Gurdwara regularly and do paath everyday. Lately he suffered from some disease, a friend of his called up a father of a church and after a session with father, this punjabi guy felt that his disease began to cure.

He has started praying to Jesus and started reading scriptures from Bible!

I personally have nuthing against christianity or jesus, but I want this guy to know the power of sikhi and the power of Satguru. Any advice on how to do it ?? Any material ?

Thanks

wjkk wjkf,

There are many shabads for this, but, one must understand, everything that happens is Gods Hukam.

One story which i can remember is about Guru Arjan Dev ji. When Guru ji was placed on the hot plater (tava), and a pir came to Him and said "My king, please give me the permission to destroy this evil tyrants from Lahore to Delhi" . This pir has magical powers. Guru Ji said ," no, this is His hukam". Guru ji went on to say

Tera bhana mita lagai, naam pardarath mita lagai

-what ever you do is so sweet to me, i only wish for the Naam.

So, a true sikh will accept.

Anyway,there are ways to ask. One of the best is to wake up during amrit vela and pray, then ask. There is a shabad in SGGS.

Babiha, amrit vela boliya. Tha dar suni pukar

Megh nu furmann hoya, varso kirpa taar.

- The bird (babiha bird) crys out during amrit vela. During this time, his cries are heard in the court of God

The clouds are summonds and asked to provide rain.

This is what my Guru says the power of asking during amrit vela. But, start making efforts.

Other shabads:

-jo mangeh thakur apeney deh, soi soi deveh..

Theree are so many more..search for the word " troubles" or "anxious" and there are so mnay in SGGS>

i hoipe this helps

wjkk wjkf

Maybe if someone from the Gurdwara tried to help this person when he was sick he would have not turned to Christianity. We keep blaming Christians and Muslims for conversions yet we have not gone out of our way to help our brothers and sisters who are unaware or are strayed from the Sikh path.

have seen many like this. u will understand only if u were in his position. he is probably in crisis and looking for a cure. wen a person is desperate he tries many things. don't worry, he will come back. let him gain knowledge and then he will realise true value of guru nanaks house. everything else is fake.

Guest curious

What is so wrong with someone finding peace and reassurance in another faith? At least it is a faith and it provides some guidance. Yes its not Sikhi, yes its different but whats wrong with that? At least the person has found a faith that gives him some peace and comfort, if its meant to be he shall understand Sikhi again but if not then that's down to his Karams. Everyone has their own understanding and opinion but Guru Sahibs did not tell us it was wrong to follow another faith or that other religions are inferior to Sikhi. I vaguely recall Guru Nanak Dev Ji saying something about being a good Muslim or a good Hindu, does that not mean Guru Ji has respect for other faiths? Would Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji have given their life for the protection of another religion if SIkhi was the only way to go?

I know brain washing and conversions are a big problem, but if someone genuinely finds peace in another religion (not that any of us know how another feels) we should be tolerant and understanding. We jump with joy when someone comes into Sikhi, how about being as understanding if another way happens to make more sense to someone. After all there is only one God no matter how many ways there are to find Him.

Guest _das_

If you dont see god in all, you cant see god at all.

All religions lead you to God, so in which ever religion he finds peace , happiness and fulfillment, we got to respect that.

Hopefully one day he will realise that following the teachings of our Gurus will lead you to Waheguru, but a little quicker :D

SSA.

Sikh-Learner

(Quote- Curious) After all there is only one God no matter how many ways there are to find Him.

Amazing :)

There is a punjabi guy who is non amritdhari but used to go to Gurdwara regularly and do paath everyday.

Gurbani.org has a series of excellent Gurmat vichaar articles. From what I gather, even though going to Gurdwara and doing paadh is fine, it is more important to apply Gurbani AFTER comtemplating on it.

This excerpt is from an article from the above mentioned site.

"Shabad-Kamaaee Or Practice From the foregoing verses, now we know that in order to connect with our Ture Nature, the Pure Consciousness, we must become imbued in Shabad-Consciousness (Shabad-Surti). How can we go about cultivating this Undivided Awareness? As said in the Gurbani, it is not an easy task! To walk on this path one has to continually read (or hear), digest, reflect, and live by the Divine Word. This is Shabad-Kamaaee or Shabad-Ghaalnaa or Spiritual Practice.

• ਰਾਗ ਨਾਦ ਸਭ ਕੋ ਸੁਣੈ ਸਬਦ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਮਝੈ ਵਿਰਲੋਈ ।: Raag naad sabh ko sunai sabad surti samjahi viraloee: Everybody just listen to "Raag and Naad", but a very rare one understands Shabad-Surti (Bhai Gurdaas, Vaar 15, Paurree 16)."

Article "REALIZATION OF THE SHABAD OR NAAM" http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart22.htm

Below is from another excellent gurmat vichaar article on the same site.

"Therefore, the Gurbani is not given to us for mere ritualistic and mechanical reading or singing, nor for parrot-like memorization or showoff ceremonies. It is given to us for a very specific reason, that is, to understand the proper Spiritual philosophy and then act upon it. If that does not happen, then the Gurbani declares that there is no difference between a human being engaged in reading or listening to Gurbani and a beast engaged in filling his belly. Once the Gurbani is properly understood, we then come to possess all the essentials of right lifestyle — right thought, right speech, right action, and so on — which makes the proper behavior. From that point on, one does not only know the Truth, but he also lives by It.

• ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸੁਨਿ ਕਛੁ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਉਪਜਿਓ ਪਸੁ ਜਿਉ ਉਦਰੁ ਭਰਉ ॥: Gurmati suni kashu giyan na upjio pasu jiyu udar bharau: Despite listening to God's teaching (Gurmat), no spiritual wisdom has welled up within me; like a beast, I fill my belly (sggs 685)."

Article "GURBANI IS MEANT TO BE APPLIED" http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart93.htm

AK-47, I know many people who have been cured of terminal illnesses through the power of Gurbani. If you PM me, I can give you details.

There is also a video on the internet of a Hindu called Vasu Bhardwaj who was cured of cancer at Harmandir Sahib after listening to an Akhand Paath with prem.

Show it to your friend. To leave Guru Ji's house and go elsewhere is the epitome of moorakhtai.

Guest _AK-47_
AK-47, I know many people who have been cured of terminal illnesses through the power of Gurbani. If you PM me, I can give you details.

There is also a video on the internet of a Hindu called Vasu Bhardwaj who was cured of cancer at Harmandir Sahib after listening to an Akhand Paath with prem.

Show it to your friend. To leave Guru Ji's house and go elsewhere is the epitome of moorakhtai.

This punjabi guy hasnt left sikhi yet. He still does paath, but his faith in sikhi has weakened and he has started to do prayer to jesus as well. I feel I will tell him about Baba Harnam Singh Jee ( who was a true saint) and the sakhi of jesus appearing before Baba Jee and telling that he wants his christians to become sikhs. This punjabi guy lives in Malaysia and has had real bad experience with granthis of gurdwaras who asked for lots of money just to do ardaas for him. He needs to have some sangat of charrdikala rehitvaan gursikhs, I feel he will automatically realize that bible is nuthing compared to Dhur Di baani.

This punjabi guy lives in Malaysia and has had real bad experience with granthis of gurdwaras who asked for lots of money just to do ardaas for him.

This clearly shows that your friend does not seem to understand the basics of Sikhee. Sikhee does not have priestly class and therefore we do not need them to do ardass for us. Its WE as individulas who have to make the EFFORT.

Please read this article "SELF-EFFORT, DIVINE WILL, AND FATE" on Gurbani.org .