• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do we bring the sikh community together, gursikhs and mona

to fight against racism like pakistanis attacks on sikhs in england

or gora attack on sikhs in australia

or fight against drugs

fight against conversions

fight against injustices in punjab

I think when a sense of seeking Justice builds up in our minds then we can organize ourselves and confront these issue. However due to maya ( materialistic addictions) this sense of justice does not exist in our minds. We are willing to take injustices as long we are not victims.

iKAwl pwiqSwhI 10]

khiaal paathishaahee 10||

Khyal By the Tenth King

imqR ipAwry nMU hwl murIdW dw kihxw ]

mithr piaarae na(n)oo haal mureedhaa(n) dhaa kehinaa ||

Tell the Beloved Friend (God) the plight of us, the Disciples.

quDu ibnu rogu rjweIAW dw EFx nwg invwsW dy rihxw ]

thudhh bin rog rajaaeeaaa(n) dhaa oudtan naag nivaasaa(n) dhae rehinaa ||

"Without You, it is a torment to wear quilts (in winter) and living in imposing mansion is like dwelling with snakes."

sUl surwhI KMjru ipAwlw ibMg ksweIAW dw sihxw ]

sool suraahee kha(n)jar piaalaa bi(n)g kasaaeeaaa(n) dhaa sehinaa ||

The flask is like a (honed) spike, the goblet is like a dagger and (your separation) is akin to enduring the thrust of a butcher's knife.

XwrVy dw swnMU s~Qru cMgw B~T KyiVAW dw rihxw ] 1] 1] 6]

yaararrae dhaa saana(n)oo saathhar cha(n)gaa bhaat(h) khaerriaaa(n) dhaa rehinaa || 1|| 1|| 6||

The bare floor of (our Beloved) Friend is acceptable to us. Living in towns is like living in a furnace.(1)(1)(6)

Judgmentalism is a key issue here. The reason we are not united is because of ego/haumai/hankaar.

We are constantly trying to make ourselves out to be better than each other. Once his stops all wil fall in place.

The biggest injustices to Sikhs is done by ourselves, we do injustices to ourselves.

We Sikhs are our own worst enemies, we cut our nose to spite our faces, we would help an outsider but will backstab our own without a moments notice, there is no trust within our quam.

If there is no trust, there can be no unity. If I see a Singh get attacked, I will help my brother, but will he help me if the situations are reversed?

there is an Arabic saying: "I against my brother; my brother and I against my cousin; I, my brother, and my cousin against the stranger".

We as Sikhs may have to adopt something similar to this, ie to put our petty differences to one side and do what's best for the quam

It is simple really....sikhs need to stop being so judgmental and hating on those sikhs who don't wear a turban.

playing devils advocate, why don't all the people who cut their hair become singhs?

How can anything other than being realistic help with unity? Besides from what I have seen, being keshdhari or not doesn't relate to how people act right now.

There are monay that would react braver on seeing a Singh attacked than many keshdhari and even amritdharis.

Jujhar, you're missing the point. The fact is that unity cannot happen unless we learn to accept differences to a much higher degree to what we are doing now.