Baba Nand Singh Ji

^^ I smell erika :) , what the matter veer ji is that why you decided to 'ruin' this thread?

Does it upset you that so many people get influnced by Baba ji's jeevan?

So now your looking at any way to be little their legacy?

What is false and what is true Mahraaj knows all, so thanks for trying to tell us what is and what isnt.

koeI sjxu sMqu imlY vfBwgI mY hir pRBu ipAwrw dsY jIau ]1]

koee sajan sa(n)th milai vaddabhaagee mai har prabh piaaraa dhasai jeeo ||1||

If only I could have the good fortune to meet some friendly Saint; he might show me the Way to my Beloved Lord God. ||1||

Why would I be jealous of a Saint of Guru Ji. I only find it disturbing for people to make things up about Baba Ji and try to make him greater then Guru. Nobody can be greater then Guru.

myry mn gur jyvfu Avru n koie ]

maerae man gur jaevadd avar n koe ||

O my mind, there is no other as great as the Guru.

dUjw Qwau n ko suJY gur myly scu soie ]1] rhwau ]

dhoojaa thhaao n ko sujhai gur maelae sach soe ||1|| rehaao ||

I cannot imagine any other place. The Guru leads me to meet the True Lord. ||1||Pause||

If you read my previous post you will notice I have never said anything bad about Baba Ji. I have great respect for this humble saint. If there anyone who deserves to get the title Sant/Gurmukh/Bhagat/Khalsa then only true GUrmukhs like Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Attar SIngh ( Mastuna)Baba Isher Singh JI ( rara sahib) , Bhai Sahib Randhir Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, Sant Harnam SIngh Ji ( Rampur Khera), etc should get this titile. I only get disturbed when people try to fabricate information about such Gurmukhs. These people were sole servants of Guru Ji, lets not try to make up stories about them that make them greater or seperate from Guru Ji.

Nanaksar Dera

Baba Nand Singh Ji later established his "Dera" (centre) near Kalera in Punjab. He led a simple life and continued with the same principles of deep meditation. The food for the "Dera" would come from different devotees though no cooking was done at the "Dera" itself. This practice is still continued by the "Dera" now popularly known as Nanaksar. The food, "langar", is not prepared at Nanaksar but it is sent by the nearby villages and no matter how big the congregation, never ever has has there been a shortage. No monetary offerings are ever made in front of the Guru Granth Sahib at Nanaksar, as the usual practice is at other Gurdwaras, but never a shortage of funds has occurred there. Baba Ji did not use any money on himself. He always served the community with true love and affection. It is said that once Maharaja Bhupender Singh of Patiala came to offer one lakh rupees for the Gurdwara fund but Baba Ji politely refused the offer. This was the first time someone had ever declined the offer of accepting money for a religious place from a Maharaja and of course the Maharaja felt bad and told Baba Ji, "You will not find a donor like Bhupender Singh". To this Baba Ji replied, "You will not find another person who is prepared to sacrifice everything and yet be fully committed like Nand Singh". This made the Maharaja humble and respectful and he bowed his head before Baba Ji. Baba Ji left for his heavenly abode in 1943 (13 Bhadron Sanmat 2000) at the age of 73.

His Teachings

" Be True Sikh

" Do charity, speak truth and embrace humility

" Emphasized on Naam Simran (Meditation)

" Have faith on Akalpurkh alone

" Choose a charitable cause and pursue it with selfless devotion

" Have Love for all and every one

" Have faith and respect the Holy Body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib as the Living Sikh Guru.

" Praise only Guru Nanak Dev Ji and criticise and condemn only oneself.

" Pray before Guru Granth Sahib only for all blessings and effacing of sufferings.

Respect for Maharaj Ji

The unique way in which Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is respected as the living Guru at Nanaksar Gurdwara is worthy of praise. One instance of the utmost devotion and respect shown by Baba ji is given here:

In the winter season of 1938, Baba ji visited the town of Baghanwala. The Thaath could not be constructed immediately. Baba ji observed , "I have not come here to eat food. I have not been able to have Grace and the sight of Divine Guru. If Guru Granth Sahib ji is not brought here by tomorrow I shall go I elsewhere.

On this, the whole town came to the spot and worked day and night to complete The Thaath. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, was brought by S. Sukha Singh Manglani. After the kirtan of the morning Bani had finished Baba ji submitted to the Guru. "0 True King! I am highly thankful to you. Blessed are the paths, on which you have travelled. Kindly excuse me for the trouble that you have taken. I beg your pardon."

Baba ji then took off his long turban, keeping the small one tied on the head. He first wiped the feet of Bhai Sukha Singh ji then, spread it on the ground, and requested Bhai Sahib to walk on it while carrying the Guru Granth Sahib ji on his head. Where one turban ended, another was spread. Thus the great saint Baba Nand Singh ji used to love and respect the Ever-lasting Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

The teaching of Baba Nand Singh ji regarding celebrating pooranmashi (which is similar to celebrating a Gurpurab) is written in his jeevansakhi. It is accepted by nanaksar mahapurkhs as well as non-nanaksar mahapurkhs. The bachan of bhramgiani always comes true, this is a part of Gurmat and written in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

As for not sleeping, Bhramgianis do not need sleep. They do rest the physical body, but even then they are fully awake. This in no way lowers the status of the Gurus. Remember, Guru Nanak Sahib ji was pooran satguru even before he went gupt in nadi for 3 days, but others did not know it b/c he kept his spiritual status gupt. He hid his power. The pretending to sleep was part of the play put on for the sake of the world. Bhramgainis also engage in putting on a lila for the world. As Gurbani says, they have power but act weak.

-

If you are wise, be simple;

if you are powerful, be weak;

and when there is nothing to share, then share with others.

How rare is one who is known as such a devotee. ||128||

-

I remember singhs around Baba Thakur Singh ji told me that during an akhaand paath, he did not sleep. He remained awake the entire period of the akhaand paath doing chaur sahib seva and walking around. I'm sure others who have had close sangat with such mahan sants can share similar stories.

If you are too narrow minded to accept any understanding of Gurmat outside of your own, that is your problem. But to call for censoring it is shameful, especially as you have been unable to back up your point using Gurmat. I consider the matter closed and you can believe as you wish. I suggest you allow others the freedom to believe as they wish as well.

i was not referring to any members as ill Intentioned Brahmins. I am referring to people who have wrote books saying these things about Baba Ji. As many people like to make strories up about Baba Ji.Take the story on this thread which makes Baba ji look like Baba Amar Das Ji and makes Harnam SIngh look like Guru Angad Dev Ji. Using Sikh sakhis in such a modern way is very much wrong. In regards to sleep. A person can sleep and still think deeply about God. Sleep is needed for the material body to rest. There are numerous authentic and greatly accepted Sakhis by the panth which illustrate Pehli Paatshah slept. For example, when Guru Ji was sleeping and resting in the fields on a hot day a snake came behind him and covered his head from the Sun. Similarily when Guru Ji was sleeping in Mecca, Jivan came up to him and kicked Guru Sahib. Lets not try to make up false stories about Baba Nand Singh which try make him greater then Guru Ji. Im sure Baba Ji does not approve of these things. The Gurmantar is WaaheGuru not WaaheSant.

These happenings were TRUE, regardless of your PROOFLESS accusations. It does not necessarily mean they were as great or greater than Guru Ji, please lets not be so narrow-minded. Doing shanker and nindhia will not get anyone anywere, instead we should humble ourselves in an attempt to understand rather then question blindly. Please stop doing nindia and say that the stories were false, as there were countless witnesses there at the time, as proof. No one is saying Gurmantar is Wahesant other then YOU who has cooked up another baseless accusation.

Baba Ji was an Avtar of Guru Ji, so if i were you i would think very carefully about the consequences of writing rubbish about them on a public forum.

If you cannot appreciaty the true beauty of a Mahapurak without doing shankar on every aspect of their jeevan, then i suggest you do some research,

VJKK VJKF

If possible, can some one please expand on what I have bolded in the above statement.

Jug Jug Satgur Dhereah avtaara. The word avtaar is composed of two words, av(downwards) and taar(passage) refers to the descent of God in his transcendental form into this mundane world. The supreme Lord takes avtaar in every Juga.The reason for the Lord to take avtaar is clearly has beeb clearly stated - Jab Jab Bhereah Arisht Apara Tab Tab Dheh Tharat Avtaara. Whenever spirituality begins to decline, the Lord himself takes avtaar in the world to save mankind. Param Purakh Paavan Sadah Aaph Pargat Ho Aae, Aaph Pargat Ho Aae Din Racaha Keah Karan.

If I have said anything on this thread to offend anyone then please forgive me. Try to understand I have not said anything negative towards Baba Ji. Guru Ji alone knows my intentions, and how I feel about his Gursevaks.

Over the last year I have learned not to believe people/groups and their stories, but to only place hope and faith in Gurmat. Agian I have no propaganda, I do not belong to any group nor am I a follower of any particular group or person. So again please forgive me If I dont accept or conform to your ideas. I can only put faith in the stories written within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as Guru Ji describes what he sees with his own eyes, any other stories by other people are irrelevant and inaccurate for me.

gux byAMq suAwmI qyry koie n jwneI ]

gun baea(n)th suaamee thaerae koe n jaanee ||

Your Glorious Virtues are endless, O my Lord and Master; no one knows them all.

dyiK clq dieAwl suix Bgq vKwneI ]

dhaekh chalath dhaeiaal sun bhagath vakhaanee ||

Seeing and hearing of Your wondrous plays, O Merciful Lord, Your devotees narrate them.

If possible, can some one please expand on what I have bolded in the above statement.

Jug Jug Satgur Dhereah avtaara. The word avtaar is composed of two words, av(downwards) and taar(passage) refers to the descent of God in his transcendental form into this mundane world. The supreme Lord takes avtaar in every Juga.The reason for the Lord to take avtaar is clearly has beeb clearly stated - Jab Jab Bhereah Arisht Apara Tab Tab Dheh Tharat Avtaara. Whenever spirituality begins to decline, the Lord himself takes avtaar in the world to save mankind. Param Purakh Paavan Sadah Aaph Pargat Ho Aae, Aaph Pargat Ho Aae Din Racaha Keah Karan.

Thank you for your reply. I do understand the concept of Avtaars.

I also recognise the existence and need for Mahapurkh Sants & Brahmgianis and that Guru Ji says that they should be given the utmost respect.

What I'm confused about is that, if I'm not mistaken, it has been stated that Baba Nand Singh ji is an avtaar of Guru Ji.

Is this correct?

I didn't know that our Gurus could transcend into avtaars because Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the embodiment of Gurus and IS the Guru.

Slightly confused... help a brother out!

Guest shastr

to the singh who keeps on bringing in the point that baba ji is not guru ji, or not on the same level as guru ji, i think u need to look into a that a bit more....

wat does guru granth sahib ji say? "santa kao mat koee nindo, sant raam hai aeko"

maharaj says the akal purkh and his saints r the same exact thing, they have merged into each other, they are 1.

"jo kish thakur ka, so sevak ka, sevak thakur hi sang jahar jio"

maharaj says that the saints are the same roop as me, and everything that is mine, its the same for my saints too.

how many times in guru granth sahib ji does it say that thoes who do simran 24/7 r the same roop as akal purkh, they are a mirror image of god, who many times does it say that.

and to anybody who thinks, oh u need this amount of sleep, or watever, and the body cant go without sleep. well that is true one for people like us, not for mahapursh's who make this pankti come true "prabh kai simran, ann din jagai"

and guru ji can transform himself into who ever he wants, waho waho satgur nirankar hai, jis ant na paravaar"

our maharaj is god himself, who's limit can not be known.

one thing that is really reall annoying is when peopel say, oh no, that person is not our guru ji, our guru is guru granth sahib, well jee! no kidding. thanks for letting the rest of us know that, since we had not clue who our guru was, but if u belive in guru granth sahib ji, u will have to believe in his saints, u will have to belive in maharaj's bhagats too, cuz maharaj says countless times, asking for the dust of those saints which do simran 24/7, maharaj asks countless times to get the sangat of those saints who never forget the lord, who never forget akal purkh waheguru.

if u do mata tek to guru granth sahib ji, u r doing mata tek to all the bhagats feet, whos bani has been written in guru granth sahib, so dont sit there and cry about who is not this or who is not that. maharaj says those who do bhagat of akal purkh waheguru, are higher then anyperson ever created. period.

The name of Baba Nand Singh Ji has been used and abused by many people. Books with made up stories have been printed, amongst other things.

Baba ji spent years in intense, difficult bhagti to get partakh darshan of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji - from within Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which is why they showed so much respect to Guru Sahib. This should answer your question.

They never, ever claimed to be anything other than a servant of the sangat. For this reason, they used to sit lower than the sangat, and never built a permanent Gurudwara or asked Sangat for money.

Other claims are based on people's individual 'bhavna' or sharda.