How Do I Tie A Turban Like This?

Guest helpme

i tie the same style, except mine end up looking nothing like that lol

try the way hes doing it with small material first and when you master it, all you have to do later on is get longer kapra(material). and dont worry about the style in the picture you posted yet, its very hard to do that if you cant tie the basic one with small kapra. so just try the basic style like the singh in the video and when you can do that all you have to do is get longer dastaar material and trust me you'll figure out the way the singh in the pic has done it.

btw you dont have to start off with the knot at the back like the singh in the video did it, just tie a patka before.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
Hi,

I'd really like to tie a turban like this but I don't know how to.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...6_5825993_n.jpg

are there any videos available on how to tie this particular style? If not, can someone please do kirpa and record one?

thank you :)

hmm i kindaaa tie one like that but its more rounded and neat on the top, as soon as i get time i will post how i tie mine

Hi,

I'd really like to tie a turban like this but I don't know how to.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...6_5825993_n.jpg

are there any videos available on how to tie this particular style? If not, can someone please do kirpa and record one?

thank you :)

I think that Singh is from Wolverhampton, Im sure if you ask him he will help you tie one.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i will try to make this as short as succinct as i can:

i start off with my keski and note for keski and kapra on top for my dastaar i dont liek to haev it folded inhalf, i just have it cut down the middle so that it is not wide so that i have to fold it.

ok so i tie my keski normally NOT tying it around my joora or anything , i jsut start from the front and start wrapping it around, i try to make my keski neat because its kind of liek a foundation, if its neat , the top dastaar kapra will only look better, so i try to make the shape i want with my keski, once its all wrapped around i tuck it in the back ( the last larr) and now onto the top kapra

this kapra is a bit longer than my keski, i start by tucking one complete end into my back, this tucks in my hair in the back so theyre not sticking out and then i bring it to the front of my head, i then continue to make the larr by wrapping it around but just liek the first video that was put up by i thiNK it was saint soldier? i do the same thing as that singh in teh video in that i FOLD BOTH SIDES OF THE KAPRA INWARDS SO THEY MEET IN THE MIDDLE AND THERE ARE NEAT EDGES adn then i smooth it out with one hand while i stretch it out across myhead with the other.. continue doing this, my second larr also goes over my ears again so that round your ears and your forehead u get a solid and tight grip with the dastaar ( i dont liek to let my ears out)

then i keep going while letting my dastaar progressively get higher and higher ( note the higher u want it, the higher ur keski has to be underneath to support it so that ur dastaar doesnt lean back like king tuts crown- some ppl might like that tho)

and i keep on going making my larrs neat and striaght and keep folding the ednges inwards neatly until i have reached my last larr and then i tuck it in the back, i try to make it rounded and nto sharp from the top so i shape my dastaar with my hands, until i like it and fold in any uneven edges on the top to make it smooth ...i try my best lol but at the end of the day it depends on how mcuh time i have..

afterwards u can kinda wet ur hands A LITTLE BIT nad smooth your hands over ur dastaar to make it neat and kinda add that finishing touch, i personally dont like to do this cus i feel gross that its a wet dastaar even tho its a very tiny amount of water, but i guess im picky on some things lol

and there u have it ur dastaar, rest jsut comes with practice, i know wen u first start it mgiht not be the greatest dastaar out there but have faith in the guru that he will always make his sikh beautiful no matter what kind of dastaar they know how to tie:)