Hindu Mob Trying To Sexually Harass Cnn Reporter

It's surprising that one would think that.

Years of training on proper conduct with people...doesn't have anything to do with a dentist.

I am still confused.

what are you saying> that doctors and dentists dont have that type of training?? on how to interact with people, their patients etc?? and what is expected of them in society? their moral and ethical obligations????

OHHHH.. Is THAT what you were getting at?

LMAO!!

To answer your questions penji:

I must admit.. When the highly educated people are compared to the lesser educated, their job trainings DO NOT relate AT ALL to how they interact with people.

Patients? Yes.

People? No.

I am completely against the (completely) unnecessary stereotyping when it comes to professions.

'Behaviours' and/or 'ways of living' DO NOT have anything to do with top-paying and/or top rated/high class (whatever one wishes to label them as) jobs.

I don't understand why people think this way, either.

Most people now, (those with strong family/cultural values/ties) who strive for further education, going for the "best" careers/jobs DON'T EVEN CARE about their fulfillment in life.

They care about:

A.] Reputation (within the family, parents pride and bs like that) Known as insecurity/ego/useless pride etc..

B.] Money (even though they'd probably get way better marks in other subjects, which would allow them to be more successful, they go for the tougher educational courses even when they do not get the marks they know they need)

C.] 'Status/Class' (These jobs apparently give them sense of higher authority/status amongst the other workers.) This is also known as insecurity. ...NOT TO MENTION.. Can only marry someone who studied for the same amount of years, preferably skilled in the same field of study.

Please look at this way:

Depending on where his decisions in life (change of Karma take him)...

"David Black" can become (let's say, 2 things in life- just for example, only those 2 things are in his Karma: Heart surgeon OR Mailman)

POSSIBLE FUTURE #1:

A man who is sexist, racist, discriminatory, disloyal to his friends & family etc becomes a very well known, reliable heart surgeon...who goes around looking for innocent girls with an ill-mind.

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #2:

A man who is humble, as honest as he can be with everyone, colourblind, and who believes in gender equality, and becomes a very unpopular mailman. (as his only job.. Just an example people.. Don't get upset with me please.)

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #3:

A man who is sexist, racist, discriminatory, disloyal to his friends & family etc becomes a very unpopular mailman (mean-no-harm example) ..who goes around looking for innocent girls with an ill-mind.

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #4:

A man who is humble, as honest as he can be with everyone, colourblind, and who believes in gender equality, and becomes a very well known, reliable heart surgeon.

Reading the above, could you still say the same thing as before?

Here are REAL examples:

Yesterday, I was watching a show called 'The Drs'. There was a (white -it has to do with the happening) woman who went tanning EVERY SINGLE DAY, and did not put sunscreen on. If she did, it would be a sunscreen with an SPF of no more than 15!! :| She had disgusting skin, and KNEW she was helping cause skin cancer.

She said that she knew she not doing the right thing, but yet made her daughter tan too.

...Surprising part?.. She was a registered nurse at a hospital in Florida, obviously working with many skin cancer patients.

SOOOOO..

what are you saying> that doctors and dentists dont have that type of training?? on how to interact with people, their patients etc?? and what is expected of them in society? their moral and ethical obligations????
Being a nurse for one person is different than being a nurse for another.

She demonstrated poor effort in showing the knowledge of her training.

She spread the incorrect, endangering msg to her daughter (I believe she was 7ish)..so how can she provide proper care and offer patients advice?

Her moral and ethical obligations?...Yeah..pretty much down the toilet.

What was expected of her in society? -To be more careful and mature about skin care, and to spread the knowledge.

.......................OH..........................WAIT.........................

If there is a family doctor who helps her/his patients live healthy/healthier lifestyles, she/he has carried out the expected duties right? The doctor takes an oath etc to state that she/he will do what she/he can to prevent harm to their patients' health.

HOWEVERRRR.. They do not take an oath, stating that they will behave maturely, appropriately etc outside of the workplace.

THAT is none of anyone's business.

HERE IS A BETTER EXAMPLE:

My cousin is is a surgeon, who works at a hospital, usually in the ER.

He goes out partying, and he drinks a lot.

Did he take the oath? Of course.

Does he do it because of any stress? No.

Does he do it because of peer pressure? No. There is no one to pressure him into anything.

Must she interact with people outside of workplace in a different way than a social worker/mailman does? No. Why should she?

Must she demonstrate an understanding/knowledge of her training in health/the medications with people outside of her workplace? No. Why should she?

Must she follow the the thoughts of the people in society, regarding what she is expected to do? No. What are these expectations OUTSIDE OUTSIDE OF HER WORKPLACE and why would she have to meet them?

Must she apply her 'career' morals and ethical obligations to the outside of the hospital? No. She is not responsible for that.

People are people. Relating to morals, ethics, deeds etc..it does not matter what your profession is.

You are a person underneath a set of uniform from a workplace.

It does not matter what your profession is.

Everyone has a heart.

Everyone has a soul.

Everyone has a brain.

Everyone has a conscience.

Those men were married, you mentioned.

That enough to think the same way as any other human should.

Those men had families. It shouldn't matter what their professions were. Having a heart, soul, brain, conscience, and a partner/family should be enough to interact well with people, behave like a civilized being is expected to behave, and of course stick to their moral and ethical beliefs.

Just because one is a surgeon, does not mean that person should be expected to behave any more civilized than a person who worked as a janitor in a school.

They are both humans, therefore both should behave in a humane, civilized way.

They both have a heart, soul, brain, and conscience.

The duties related to their careers do not include behaving in respectful manners outside of the workplace.

Hope you understand where I'm getting at :lol: _/\_

...peace

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

It's surprising that one would think that.

Years of training on proper conduct with people...doesn't have anything to do with a dentist.

I am still confused.

OHHHH.. Is THAT what you were getting at?

LMAO!!

To answer your questions penji:

I must admit.. When the highly educated people are compared to the lesser educated, their job trainings DO NOT relate AT ALL to how they interact with people.

Patients? Yes.

People? No.

I am completely against the (completely) unnecessary stereotyping when it comes to professions.

'Behaviours' and/or 'ways of living' DO NOT have anything to do with top-paying and/or top rated/high class (whatever one wishes to label them as) jobs.

I don't understand why people think this way, either.

Most people now, (those with strong family/cultural values/ties) who strive for further education, going for the "best" careers/jobs DON'T EVEN CARE about their fulfillment in life.

They care about:

A.] Reputation (within the family, parents pride and bs like that) Known as insecurity/ego/useless pride etc..

B.] Money (even though they'd probably get way better marks in other subjects, which would allow them to be more successful, they go for the tougher educational courses even when they do not get the marks they know they need)

C.] 'Status/Class' (These jobs apparently give them sense of higher authority/status amongst the other workers.) This is also known as insecurity. ...NOT TO MENTION.. Can only marry someone who studied for the same amount of years, preferably skilled in the same field of study.

Please look at this way:

Depending on where his decisions in life (change of Karma take him)...

"David Black" can become (let's say, 2 things in life- just for example, only those 2 things are in his Karma: Heart surgeon OR Mailman)

POSSIBLE FUTURE #1:

A man who is sexist, racist, discriminatory, disloyal to his friends & family etc becomes a very well known, reliable heart surgeon...who goes around looking for innocent girls with an ill-mind.

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #2:

A man who is humble, as honest as he can be with everyone, colourblind, and who believes in gender equality, and becomes a very unpopular mailman. (as his only job.. Just an example people.. Don't get upset with me please.)

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #3:

A man who is sexist, racist, discriminatory, disloyal to his friends & family etc becomes a very unpopular mailman (mean-no-harm example) ..who goes around looking for innocent girls with an ill-mind.

OR

POSSIBLE FUTURE #4:

A man who is humble, as honest as he can be with everyone, colourblind, and who believes in gender equality, and becomes a very well known, reliable heart surgeon.

Reading the above, could you still say the same thing as before?

Here are REAL examples:

Yesterday, I was watching a show called 'The Drs'. There was a (white -it has to do with the happening) woman who went tanning EVERY SINGLE DAY, and did not put sunscreen on. If she did, it would be a sunscreen with an SPF of no more than 15!! :| She had disgusting skin, and KNEW she was helping cause skin cancer.

She said that she knew she not doing the right thing, but yet made her daughter tan too.

...Surprising part?.. She was a registered nurse at a hospital in Florida, obviously working with many skin cancer patients.

SOOOOO..

Being a nurse for one person is different than being a nurse for another.

She demonstrated poor effort in showing the knowledge of her training.

She spread the incorrect, endangering msg to her daughter (I believe she was 7ish)..so how can she provide proper care and offer patients advice?

Her moral and ethical obligations?...Yeah..pretty much down the toilet.

What was expected of her in society? -To be more careful and mature about skin care, and to spread the knowledge.

.......................OH..........................WAIT.........................

If there is a family doctor who helps her/his patients live healthy/healthier lifestyles, she/he has carried out the expected duties right? The doctor takes an oath etc to state that she/he will do what she/he can to prevent harm to their patients' health.

HOWEVERRRR.. They do not take an oath, stating that they will behave maturely, appropriately etc outside of the workplace.

THAT is none of anyone's business.

HERE IS A BETTER EXAMPLE:

My cousin is is a surgeon, who works at a hospital, usually in the ER.

He goes out partying, and he drinks a lot.

Did he take the oath? Of course.

Does he do it because of any stress? No.

Does he do it because of peer pressure? No. There is no one to pressure him into anything.

Must she interact with people outside of workplace in a different way than a social worker/mailman does? No. Why should she?

Must she demonstrate an understanding/knowledge of her training in health/the medications with people outside of her workplace? No. Why should she?

Must she follow the the thoughts of the people in society, regarding what she is expected to do? No. What are these expectations OUTSIDE OUTSIDE OF HER WORKPLACE and why would she have to meet them?

Must she apply her 'career' morals and ethical obligations to the outside of the hospital? No. She is not responsible for that.

People are people. Relating to morals, ethics, deeds etc..it does not matter what your profession is.

You are a person underneath a set of uniform from a workplace.

It does not matter what your profession is.

Everyone has a heart.

Everyone has a soul.

Everyone has a brain.

Everyone has a conscience.

Those men were married, you mentioned.

That enough to think the same way as any other human should.

Those men had families. It shouldn't matter what their professions were. Having a heart, soul, brain, conscience, and a partner/family should be enough to interact well with people, behave like a civilized being is expected to behave, and of course stick to their moral and ethical beliefs.

Just because one is a surgeon, does not mean that person should be expected to behave any more civilized than a person who worked as a janitor in a school.

They are both humans, therefore both should behave in a humane, civilized way.

They both have a heart, soul, brain, and conscience.

The duties related to their careers do not include behaving in respectful manners outside of the workplace.

Hope you understand where I'm getting at :lol: _/\_

...peace

re read what i said, i was infact saying that ANYONE yes ANYONE can commit this but being very familiar with the training of a doctor or dentist i know that they are taught for years not to engage in such things in practice and what their ethical and moral obligations are even out of work, does that make a diff? to many , no, which further emphasizes my point, EVERYONE EQUALLY PARTICIPATES NO MATTER WHAT THEIR BACKGROUND, do you understand?

frankly i dont have time to write such a long answer but this must be straightforward, i dont know how more straightforward i can be but yes EDUCATION OR YOUR STATUS DOES NOT DICTATE HOW YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR LIFE, WHAT YOU DO, YOUR ACTIONS ETC.. i never indicated that ONCE, rather i was saying that if a dentist who was HINDU himself getting years and years of teachings nailed into his head still hasnt learned, what do you expect from many others, and yes there are ppl in other professions or even by attending religious events have been hearing same thigns for years, but take a glance at yourself ( applies to anyone) are we fully lsitening to what guru tells us too? so same thing here

again, this is a very trivial comment i made i dont understand why it was misunderstood..but any further questions, pm me, seems like some people are very irritated by this discussion..

a side note, take your time and understand what i am saying in my posts and anyone elses too and dont take it in the wrong context, its jsut a waste of everyones time

pce

Ok, finally the examples of 'sexism' in Hinduism are given as 'Ram's treatment of Sita' and "Krishna's shenanigans'.

these are good examples. But if one has read Christian scriputres wherein references are made to the 'Angels who helped man on earth after he fell down from heaven' .. then we can also infer that some of these angels eloped with the 'daughters of men' and created a hybrid race of giants. Now I do not say this, it's there in bible. These people were called 'Gandharva' in Hinduism, and when Gandharva married any girl it used to be known as 'Gandharva vivah' or an arrangement where the Husband remained elusive like a Gadharva/Angel.

If one can think of Krishna to be a Gandharva-type personality then it would be natural that he too fell for the womanly charms. Even Gods and Angels used to routinely fall for the fairer sex according to scriptures.

Ram was a human, though Hinduism states him as a God, and he was tied by the social code of those times and being a king he had to be a moral exemplar and it can be explained that he did what he did. He also shot bali behind him, so apart from being 'sexist' he was much else also. Though there is an explanation of that as well that any man or God who came before Bali in combat would halve their strength and bali would get half their strength and become doubly strong as per some boon granted to him by Shiva/Brahma. So all-in-all yes there are charges of 'sexism' that can't be refuted, but if seen through the eyes of the times in which they existed, probably they were not much wrong either.

I don't think we can judge somebody who lived before us, because they lived in different times.

i never indicated that ONCE, rather i was saying that if a dentist who was HINDU himself getting years and years of teachings nailed into his head still hasnt learned, what do you expect from many others
Again.. You clearly alienated the fact he was a Hindu...dentist...which is what was confusing.
himself getting years and years of teachings nailed into his head still hasnt learned, what do you expect from many others
This is why I gave the examples in my previous post.

You clearly pointed out in your previous post(s) that you believed there to be a connection to this harassment issue and the fact that the doctor/dentist has different expectations in society.

Which is why I gave the examples of how one should not expect different attitudes/behaviours from an individual based on her/his profession.

i never indicated that ONCE, rather i was saying that if a dentist who was HINDU himself getting years and years of teachings nailed into his head still hasnt learned, what do you expect from many others
You related/relating the years of teachings these men are getting from their careers to their actions in the society outside the workplace.

Again... There is no need of such connections. Professions have nothing to do with it.

again, this is a very trivial comment i made i dont understand why it was misunderstood seems like some people are very irritated by this discussion..
I am not an antarjaamee to know which statements are trivial, and which are not.

I was just wondering why you were pointing out the fact that the man was a dentist...cuz it is clearly irrelevant.

a side note, take your time and understand what i am saying in my posts and anyone elses too and dont take it in the wrong context, its jsut a waste of everyones time
There's nothing I can do about the fact that my post was a waste of everyone's time.

I didn't take your statement in the wrong context. I took it IN THE context it was written. :umm:

You clearly stated the fact that that Hindu man was a dentist.

That was completely irrelevant to the point you were making about Hindu men harassing girls.

So how did I take your post in the wrong context?

(You don't have to answer that. I don't wish to argue penji.)

I was actually saying the same thing as

but any further questions, pm me, seems like some people are very irritated by this discussion..
Well.. If you would like to..(through PM) you can answer the questions I asked in my previous post. :)

Those were my only questions.

...peace

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
Ok, finally the examples of 'sexism' in Hinduism are given as 'Ram's treatment of Sita' and "Krishna's shenanigans'.

these are good examples. But if one has read Christian scriputres wherein references are made to the 'Angels who helped man on earth after he fell down from heaven' .. then we can also infer that some of these angels eloped with the 'daughters of men' and created a hybrid race of giants. Now I do not say this, it's there in bible. These people were called 'Gandharva' in Hinduism, and when Gandharva married any girl it used to be known as 'Gandharva vivah' or an arrangement where the Husband remained elusive like a Gadharva/Angel.

If one can think of Krishna to be a Gandharva-type personality then it would be natural that he too fell for the womanly charms. Even Gods and Angels used to routinely fall for the fairer sex according to scriptures.

Ram was a human, though Hinduism states him as a God, and he was tied by the social code of those times and being a king he had to be a moral exemplar and it can be explained that he did what he did. He also shot bali behind him, so apart from being 'sexist' he was much else also. Though there is an explanation of that as well that any man or God who came before Bali in combat would halve their strength and bali would get half their strength and become doubly strong as per some boon granted to him by Shiva/Brahma. So all-in-all yes there are charges of 'sexism' that can't be refuted, but if seen through the eyes of the times in which they existed, probably they were not much wrong either.

I don't think we can judge somebody who lived before us, because they lived in different times.

dont matter, if you were raped and your dignity was taken away then you would know what it is to be raped, doenst matter wat time it was it doenst make it right, if it was right for some ppl of a certain religion cus of their time, dont make it right for me..im not a hindu im a sikh, im a singhnee and i will stand for guru gobind singh jis teachings... guru gobind singh ji made the khalsa panth and the khalsa panth has shers and shernian, we dont accept any bakwaas or disrespect like that in our chardi kala panth, maybe others do, but we dont..if someone does they are NOT a sikh so dont anyone even try to compare them to a sikh.. if someone supports the ways of others that's up to them, but those that are guru gobind singh jis khalsa never stoop down to that level, END of story.

I completely fail to understand how one's faith has anything to do with how they act. There are good and bad people in every faith. You lot seem to think that Sikhs are exempt from this rule. Wake up and see reality. I have met EXTREMELY nice people from various faith's and I have seen some horribly corrupt Sikhs. In fact I have seen these corrupt Sikhs too closely and it has scarred me for life! Of course, now someone wise guy will say "oh they are not sikh" Oh how convenient! <_<

Any Hindu can do this

Any Sikh can do this

Any Muslim can do this

Any Christian can do this

Any HUMAN can do this

Oh who am I kidding, this was just my pathetic attempt to talk some sense into Hindu, Muslim, Christian phobic members of the forum who take every single chance they get to bash other faiths. Remember this, if you always see negativity in others then that very negativity is deep rooted with in you.

every culture, race and religion or whatever other category one wnats to name has BOTH good and bad

^^^Agreed

Except for the fact that not every religion has BOTH good and bad..

I have yet to come across 'SIKHI' having something bad..in it...

dont matter, if you were raped and your dignity was taken away then you would know what it is to be raped, doenst matter wat time it was it doenst make it right, if it was right for some ppl of a certain religion cus of their time, dont make it right for me..im not a hindu im a sikh, im a singhnee and i will stand for guru gobind singh jis teachings... guru gobind singh ji made the khalsa panth and the khalsa panth has shers and shernian, we dont accept any bakwaas or disrespect like that in our chardi kala panth, maybe others do, but we dont..if someone does they are NOT a sikh so dont anyone even try to compare them to a sikh.. if someone supports the ways of others that's up to them, but those that are guru gobind singh jis khalsa never stoop down to that level, END of story.

Firstly who has Ram and Krishna raped ? What people are alluding to here is that both of them took advantage of the status-quo positions of the male in that society and 'exploited' women who were close to them.

Secondly Sikhism is a 200 yr-old religion and has a newer narrative. The Sikh narrative is comparitively new, and thus is limited in content. Wait for the same period as these older religions have and then see what turns out.

What if somebody you idolize today, turns out to be a rotten fruit tomorrow ? You will then be forced to defend them the same way Hindus go about defending Ram and Krishna.

So my conclusion that if Sikhism has nothing to compare with the likes of Ram and Krishna, then they can only be thankful but if you take undue pride in something that hasn't happened yet. If it happens, then you too are forced to be obstinate and bury your heads in the sand like the rest of them ?