Krishan Is Called An Insect In Sri Dasam Granth

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=98

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै बनाए ॥ किते राम से मेटि डारे उपाए ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of the INSECTS like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

I dont know if you didnt read it properly or are trying to lie to people :@

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama

what people like you do is pure beadbi and lies - you should be ashamed

on the same page is also says

ਦਿਸਾ ਬਿਦਿਸਾਯੰ ਜਿਮੀ ਆਸਮਾਣੰ ॥ ਚਤੁਰ ਬੇਦ ਕਥਿਅੰ ਕੁਰਾਣੰ ਪੁਰਾਣੰ ॥੨੪॥

दिसा बिदिसायं जिमी आसमाणं ॥ चतुर बेद कथिअं कुराणं पुराणं ॥२४॥

Thou hast also created the directions, the indivcations, the earth and the sky. Thou hast also related the four Vedas, the Quran and the Puranas.24.

I dont know if you didnt read it properly or are trying to lie to people :@

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama

what people like you do is pure beadbi and lies - you should be ashamed

on the same page is also says

ਦਿਸਾ ਬਿਦਿਸਾਯੰ ਜਿਮੀ ਆਸਮਾਣੰ ॥ ਚਤੁਰ ਬੇਦ ਕਥਿਅੰ ਕੁਰਾਣੰ ਪੁਰਾਣੰ ॥੨੪॥

दिसा बिदिसायं जिमी आसमाणं ॥ चतुर बेद कथिअं कुराणं पुराणं ॥२४॥

Thou hast also created the directions, the indivcations, the earth and the sky. Thou hast also related the four Vedas, the Quran and the Puranas.24.

Great post!

Got to agree with Chokaranwala and Warrior here.

I have had many debates about the Dasm Granth, and having many books on it can confirm :

Guru Govind Singh Ji wrote stories of bhagwan Ramchandra , Krishanj and Durga mata, in the Dasma Granth.

Chaubis avtar, lists twenty four avtars, of these, the accounts of Rama (864 verses) and Krishna (2496 verses) are the longest.

The Dasam Granth deals with all the avatars beginning on page 169.

Volume two of the Dasam granth is exclusively based on Lord Krishna. Guru Govind Singh writes in detail of Lord Brahma approaching Lord Vishnu and requesting that he incarnate as Lord Krishna to Kill the demon Kansa.

He describes the wedding of Lord Krishnas parents Devaki and Vasudev. He then describes how Lord Vishnu incarnated as lord Krishna and how he then killed the demons and restored order in the world.

Near the end of Chandi Charitra i, (Dasam Granth, written by Guru Govind Singh Ji), occurs this well known shabad, aptly called Deh Shiva Bar Mohe :

O SHIVA (god addressed in the form of Shiva),

GRANT ME THIS BOON,

THAT I MAY NEVER AVOID DOING A GOOD DEED,

NEVER FEAR THE ENEMY WHEN I GO INTO BATTLE,

BUT SURELY GO ON TO VICTORY;

THAT I MAY TEACH MYSELF THIS GREED ALONE,

TO SING ONLY OF THY PRAISES.

AND WHEN THE LAST DAYS OF MY LIFE COME,

I MAY DIE IN THE MIGHTY FIELD OF BATTLE.

Guru Govind Singh Ji spoke the following lines of gurbani : ‘like the water in ocean and the waves in rivers, we will merge with you, o lord.

When the soul becomes one with brahma we assume the universal role of air. Why need we come back to this world ? Birth and death occur according to gods will. When we realise this mystery of god’s will, we will rest in peace.’

Guru Govind Singh Ji wrote:

O mind! Remember the goddess Sharda of innumerable qualities;

And if she be kind, I may compose this Granth (based on) Bhagavata.6.

Dasam granth : KABIT

The large-eyed Chandika is the remover of all sufferings, the donor of powers and support of the helpless in ferrying across the fearful ocean of the world;

It is difficult to know her beginning and end, she emancipates and sustains him, who takes refuge in her,

She destroys the demons, finishes various types of desires and saves from the noose of death;

The same goddess is capable of bestowing the boon and good intellect; by her Grace this Granth can be composed.7.

Dasam granth : SWAYYA

She, who is the daughter of the mountain and the destroyer of Mahishasura;

She, who is the bestower of the kingdom on India by killing Sumbh and Nisumbh;

He, who remembers and serves her, he receives the reward to his heart`s desire,

And in the whole world, none other is the supporter of the poor like her.8.

End of the praise of the goddess

Chandi Ki Vaar by Guru Govind Singh Ji is full of devotion to mother Durga (Maa Bhagauti). It is accepted by all Sikh scholars that Guru Govind Singh was a staunch believer in Durga Mata (mother goddess).

The following is an exact list of just some of the references in the Dasam Granth where Devi Puja is found:

TRIBHANGI CHHANDS (201-220, IN AKAL USTAT) are clearly in praise of Devi Mata.

IN SHASHTARNAMA in the beginning there is a whole chapter (27 CHHANDS)

In praise of Devi Mata.

CHANDI CHARITAR I & II, CHAUBIS AVTAR, RUDRA AVTAR INCLUDING PARTS OF

CHARITROPAKHYAN, all are in praise of the DEVI and AVTARS.

Similarly, in the above puranic stories there are numerous hymns in praise of MAHA KAL, who is a tantric OR SAKAT DEITY, PAGES 55, 56, 57, 58,73, 156, 157, 183, 185, 254, 310, 612, 613, 642, ETC.

WORSHIP OF Devi Mata, UNDER THE NAME OF KALIKA, CHANDI, SIVA OR DURGA IS FOUND

AT PAGES 74, 76, 99, 117, 255, 118, 309, 310, 116, 673, 675, ETC., ETC.

In CHANDI CHARITAR UKAT BILAS the author mentions that he has

virtually made the composition from 700 slokas of markand purana. He adds

that whoever hears or recites the same for any specific boon, the Devi Maa would

certainly grant it instantaneously (Chandi Charitar, ukat bilas - sloka

232)

IN CHANDI CHARITAR II in the Sloka 261 the author writes that whoever

remembers or worships the Devi with devotion, shall attain salvation.

similarly, in the Mata Durga // the author writes that whoever recites the same,

will achieve salvation and not be born again (stanza or pauri - 55).

charitropakhyan, too, involves worship of the Devi and kal or Maha Kal

(CHARITRA 405, CHHANDS 52, 77, 126 AND 132).

CHANDI CHARITRA AND CHANDI DI // -126 PAGES, CHAUBIS AVTAR - 744 PAGES, BRAHM RUDRA AVTAR - 383 PAGES, CHARITROPAKHYAN AND HIKAYAT - 923 PAGES DASAM GRANTH DA KARITARTAV, PP. 38-45, PP. 92-97

Shri Guru Govind Singh ji's teachings and writings, in the Dasam Granth and beyond are full of praise of the Hindu philosophy and religion. One of his verses on the Hindu Dharam (or Dharma) and Khalsa Panth is as follows:

sagal jagat mein Khalsa panth gajje |

jage dharam Hindu sakal dand bhajai ||

Translation: -

"Let the Khalsa panth (sect) become popular all over the world and let the Hindu Dharam (religion) wake up (or be enlighten) and all the bad ones run away." –

-------------------

Nb : THIS DOES NOT HOWEVER MEAN THAT SIKSH ARE HINDUS OR THAT WE FOLLOW THE SAME PATH, IT JUST MEANS THAT THESE DEVIS AND DEVTAS HAVE A PLACE IN SIKH DHARM, DUE TO OUR GURUS EXPRESSING LOVE FOR THEM

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=98

Somewhere He hath created millions of the INSECTS like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

oye chokravaliya, u shud be ashamed for believing the english translation more than the actual gurmukhi script.

The word in bold is KEET. What does Keet means ?????????????????????

Keet DOES NOT mean servant.

In Sri Jap Ji Sahib,

we read KEETAN ANDAR KEET KAR DOSEE DOS DHAREE....

kItw AMdir kItu kir dosI dosu Dry ]

keettaa a(n)dhar keett kar dhosee dhos dhharae ||

Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt.

nwnk inrguix guxu kry guxvMiqAw guxu dy ]

naanak niragun gun karae gunava(n)thiaa gun dhae ||

O Nanak, God blesses the unworthy with virtue, and bestows virtue on the virtuous.

i believe singh soldier is correct in his definition of the word ਕੀਟ

SGGS Gurmukhi-English Dictionary

P. n. Worm, insect

SGGS Gurmukhi-English Data provided by Harjinder Singh Gill, Santa Monica, CA, USA.

English Translation

Insect.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.d...%A9%80%E0%A8%9F

also the word ਕੀਟ appears in Jap Ji Sahib:

ਕੀਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੀਟੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸੀ ਦੋਸੁ ਧਰੇ ॥

Kītā anḏar kīt kar ḏosī ḏos ḏẖare.

Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt.

so yes krishna is called a worm....

if you want to commit beadbi of the scriptures to suit your agenda then thats up to you

I prefer to try and seek after the truth

Kite Krisan se koot kotai banaae|| Kite Raam se mettee ?aare upaae||

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...age&page=98

if you want to commit beadbi of the scriptures to suit your agenda then thats up to you

I prefer to try and seek after the truth

Kite Krisan se koot kotai banaae|| Kite Raam se mettee ?aare upaae||

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...age&page=98

beadbi ??????????????

what a silly argument u making. it is U who is doing BEADBI by referring to a translation done by a mortal.

Its pretty clear that the word KEET is used and the word keet means insect or worm. . MANY MANY insects like krishan came and went. They were unable to escape the MIGHTY KAAL.

Yes, Singh_soldier is correct KEET means worm and what he says is true in, I believe , Akaal Ustat Sahib Ji.

Having said that Guru Ji also writes about Bhagwan Krishan Ji in glowing terms in Krishan Avatar. I think we need to understand the context in which the bani is written.

This is not however a contradiction, Guru Ji on one hand writes about Bhagwan Krishen Jis bravery yet also reminds us that Akaal Purk is so great that He has created millions of Krishans and Rams and then destroyed them.