Please Be Honest

Guest curious

i once said fateh to a singh at a gudwara and he completely blanked me. He said that he didnt say fateh to non sikhs. Maybe he just had an issue, but i defo thought he looked down on me.

thats wrong. Akaali Nihang Baba Mohinder Singh Ji (aka Katapa Singh), the 8th Gurdev of the Akaali Nihang Baba Darbara Singh Shastar Vidiya Runjeet Akhara, said that "if anyone says Gurfateh to you, you must reply saying Gurfateh back. even if this person is your worst enemy and the world's biggest tyrant. this is because it is not about your "fateh" or his "fateh", it is Guru's Fateh. and if you dont want Guru's Fateh, you can go choose which ever other panth you want."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bottom line is that in any group you are going to get a range of attitudes, from the very humble and pious to the total Hunkar and ego ridden.

A new guy at my work started and he had gole blue dastaar and I was happy when I saw him I went over and said hello. The guy , apart from a cursory nod, totally blanked me out, didn’t even look at me. Yet we have another AKJ sardar and when ever we meet in the corridor we are all smiles and greetings. So, you are going to find a range of outlooks.

I think one thing that many do not get it that becoming amritdhari is just the first step. The journey has actually just begun and if we suddenly become big headed we have failed at the very first hurdle.

Everyone should be encouraged and included, that is the only way those who do not keep rehat (inner and outer) can feel comfortable to start on the path, maybe by the company of chardi kala people they will slowly make changes in their lives to move towards Guru Ji.

However, it does pain me also when one sees a Sikh with a dastaar and his kids are hair cut. This seems a common occurrence these days.

Why a person should “look down” on another is beyond me, we are no saints we all have many failings so why not concentrate on them and fix them rather then look at faults in others, but is goes on too often in our Gurdwaras.

I think the bottom line is that in any group you are going to get a range of attitudes, from the very humble and pious to the total Hunkar and ego ridden.

A new guy at my work started and he had gole blue dastaar and I was happy when I saw him I went over and said hello. The guy , apart from a cursory nod, totally blanked me out, didn’t even look at me. Yet we have another AKJ sardar and when ever we meet in the corridor we are all smiles and greetings. So, you are going to find a range of outlooks.

I think one thing that many do not get it that becoming amritdhari is just the first step. The journey has actually just begun and if we suddenly become big headed we have failed at the very first hurdle.

Everyone should be encouraged and included, that is the only way those who do not keep rehat (inner and outer) can feel comfortable to start on the path, maybe by the company of chardi kala people they will slowly make changes in their lives to move towards Guru Ji.

However, it does pain me also when one sees a Sikh with a dastaar and his kids are hair cut. This seems a common occurrence these days.

Why a person should “look down” on another is beyond me, we are no saints we all have many failings so why not concentrate on them and fix them rather then look at faults in others, but is goes on too often in our Gurdwaras.

maybe the guy with''gole blue dastaar'' is just feeling 'cinderella'' shy and playing hard to get hahaaa . he might 'crack up'' if u tried hard enuff hahaaaa . or maybe he was just too sleepy or zombied after a long nitnem and hours of simran haha or maybe ''Bundha'' somehow looks dodgy hahaaaaaa

Humkire, if you saw me you would also run a mile..............so on reflection the Gole Pagwalla probably did the right thing. ; )

hahaha no no i wuldnt run a mile if u look dodgy! i wuld get mi kirpan out n sort n straighten u up hahaaaaaaa

chances are tho that ill see Gurujee's noor shine on ur face and want to hug you as my blessed bro.

This is a silly question.

Firstly, Sikhi teaches us never to look down on anyone regardless of caste, creed, sex, religion etc.

Secondly, if the person is a Sikh, there is even more reason not to look down on them - we should be helping one another and those who are more advanced in their Sikhi should be more encouraging to those who are perhaps wanting to learn more to better their own Sikhi.

Come one guys, if we keep looking down on eachother, we have no unity and with no unity there is no strength.

If we unify ourselves from within, we will be a stronger community.

I think your all missing the point here, We are in the presence of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Would our Guru look down at them? To get onto the path of Sikhi, then its the Guru Maharaj who will put you on this path. Whats more concerning, is if this does happen in the Gurudwara, then obviously the Aardas we do in front of Guru Granth Sahib ji is not taking any affect whatsoever.

WjKK WJKF