Sikh And Hindu Arranged Marriages

london001

Kphull ji:

A question? What did the Hindus do to the Sikhs in 1984? I've read many books and read reports. I think the finger pointing goes to the Indian Government at that time. I think the problem lies in with in the Sikh community. Like I have mentioned in my previous post, young Sikh in the west do not have a clue of what the Sikh Dharma is about (the replies form Mehtab Singh and humkire). You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys havent even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.

What happened in 1984, it indeed did happen by the action of Government of India. But, it developed from the conflicting view of the world and society that existed between the Sikhs and Hindu thought. The differences started to become more apparent after Sikhs lost the Sikh Kingdom in 1849. It became very apparent after 1947 in attitude and all the government actions, even in framing of Constitution of India. The most dominant views of so called patriotic people in the civil administration and central political parties of India are that of Hindu thought. It is their views that have become reflected in the actions of Government of India. Majority of Hindus subscribe to that view. If that view was not held by the majority of Hindus it would not have been so easy to organize the massacre that took place in Delhi in November of 1984.and adopt complete silence about it in the media and in general population for years to come. In Punjab, majority of Hindus belong to Arya Samaj and a substantial number to RSS religious sects / denominations. They have been very very influential in all the parties that formed the Central Governments in India in forming attitude and policies regarding Sikhs (and regarding other minorities). What happened in 1984 was the result of the process that started after 1849 (160 years ago). It remained low key when the British ruled India , but it became accelerated movement after 1947. In order to understand what happened in 1984, one may have to go far back in history and trace the sequence of events related to Sikhism, especially that after 1699. Then, it may not be so easy to dismiss the the roll of Hindus in general (especially of Punjab ) in what lead to 1984, and lay the blame on Indira Gandhi or Government of India alone.

It can generally be said that most of the Punjabi / Indian Sikhs that emigrated to the Western countries, and their children did/ do not know much about Sikhism. From your post, it appears that you may have understood Sikh Dharma at a deeper level. So would you, please, care to explain for the benefit of the people (especially for those, you mentioned by name) what Sikh Dharma is or is about.

There is no problem within Sikh Community and Mr Hindu i have seen u people talk too much about Dharma . Anyone who have chat with Hindus must have notice the use of word DHARMA by them . People here says all this hateread started during early 80s some say after 1947 but truth is this hatread was there in Guru Sahibs time . How can we forgot how hindu and Muslims were give information to Mugal army of Sikh hideouts.
Okay, lets hate hindus and muslims because they did that. Now let's also add Christians to our hate list because they are converting Sikhs to Chistianity :rolleyes:

In over a decade I spent in India, I lived with Hindu folks, they were my neighbours. I can tell you that ordinary Hindus are perfectly normal, fun loving, and affectionate human beings. This is a very worrying trend I have noticed with western born Sikhs, there is this deep rooted hatred toward the Hindu faith and the Muslim faith. All this hatred is only making your own mind unstable and weakning your Sikhi. Guru Sahib says,

jb DwrY koaU bYrI mIqu ]

jab dhhaarai kooo bairee meet ||

As long as he considers one an enemy, and another a friend,

qb lgu inhclu nwhI cIqu ]

thab lag nehchal naahee cheet ||

his mind shall not come to rest.

Why Sikh Hindu arranged marriages and why not only SIKH marrying only SIKH? There can be no argument on this score.

Our REHATNAMA says " BHADNI (clean shaven) KO SUTA (daughter )DAYE SO TANKHAHIYA ". GURBANI also says "SABAT SOORAT DASTAR SIRA ". Our REHAT MARYADA also tells us "Sikh Kanya sikh ko deve. Vivah na kare, ANAND KARAJ kare"( See chapter no.2

of Sikh Rehat Maryda publiushed by SGPC which is accepted by all Sikhs, all over the world) K SINGH PHAGWARA

Kphull , you said''You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys haven’t even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.''

Hahahaaaa, wot on earth lead you to that assumption? as if you are personal friends with some ppl on here.

You really need to read my post about religion and spirituality with a very humble heart so you could absorb the essence of what i said. You are very obsessed with spirituality, but my friend ,true spirituality starts where ego ends, if indeed you really understand what true spirituality means. In case you dont ,let me give you a simple clue...... spirituality is to be in complete sync with Reality if you know what that means. Once you have experienced Reality, you would recognise and taste spirituality ,even in anything you deem to be unspiritual, because God is omnipresent.

A truly spiritual person does never ever point a finger at a stranger and proclaim''You guys speak about spirituality, but you guys haven’t even tasted the flavour, how do you know the taste.''A truly spiritual

person is one who has effaced his/her ego, and instead of belittling and patronising ppl, rather, thinks of them as better than him/herself, and lives life not by accusing but by loving and serving ppl.

If you really want to understand spirituality, spend your time researching on the lifes of our 10 Gurus ,and on the topics/concepts of naam, amrit, sewa, satsang and in addition start reading Shree Guru Granth Sahib. Then, all your opinions based on the little you know or may have experienced would vanish and be replaced with a silent but confident understanding of spirituality. If you want to taste spirituality, then you need to take the 1st step of receiving Amrit from the 5 pyaras. When you really start tasting spirituality, you will feel very intoxicated, everything will taste and feel sweet , you will have an extremely sense of heightened perception, your body will feel light but extremely powerful , your mind will feel an inner glow, you will be extremely aware and awake, an oceon of joy and peace will be opened within you , you will feel very soaked with the wetness of God's love, and your every word , thought and deed will radiate with dynamism ,creativity ,optimism ,gratitude, wisdom and ecstasy that will bless every person who reads even a sentence you write.

If indeeed , you have tasted spirituality you would not indulge in nitty gritty slanging matches putting yourself on a pedestal, but your inner would respond to others wisdom ,like the petals of a flower that open wide to surrender their nectar to a visiting bee. If you want even to have an inkling of spirituality, then stop this endless clutter in your busy mind that tries to pretend that its a master in distinguishing the hall marks of spirituality, and instead humble yourself in total surrender to Reality manifesting Itself through Shree Guru Granth Sahib. Thats the day you would have taken your first baby crawl towards the gift of spirituality that comes at no easy price.