British Sikh Regiment

Kaljug Singh

Fateh!

Benti to all the sangat here to sign this petition for a Sikh regiment in the British Army that will allow rehatvaan Gursikhs to become soldiers and still maintain kesh, kakaar and all the princuiples of Sikhi. See here:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SikhRegiment/

Regards,

K.

Even though not from uk, but i still managed to sign the petition :D

Royal family was in full favor of having strong 700 British Sikh regiment but idea was shot down by some government department.. i think cre or something.. Is it possible to bring this idea up again??

I dont think its a good idea, it wouldnt benefit the Sikhs in fact if there ever an uprising by Sikh's who may be oppressed by future governments, the government of the day is highly likely to use the Sikh regiment to attack its own people just like India did in 1984 operation blue star by using the 13th Sikh regiment.

Also when illegal wars are fought on foreign lands (like the Iraq war) then people of the "enemy" land will hold a grudge against the Sikhs as a people, if any regiment was involved in wrong doings. Just as the gurkha's under orders of the british indian army shamelessly murdered 1,000+ innocent punjabi men women and kids in jalliwalah bagh in 1919 the worst deliberate terrorist attack the british army has ever carried out on innocent civilian population.