Re-take Amrit Or Pesh?

Guest _JohnTheBpatist

Guest _JohnTheBpatist

I need some advice, I went to a church with my christian friend from southall. He is from indian origin, he is a nice person. He took me to the church and gave me Holy water and said it was from John. I took it as I didnt want to offend him. Do I take Amrit again? Should I pesh? Are there any Sikh Holy Men in Southall I can speak too? Any advice would be good.

Gurufateh g

but did you go away from Guru

did u go away from God

taking holy water doesnt make u a christian

but if it clears ur mind do pesh

respecting other religons is part of Sikhi

waheguru is the heart of all

there is a difference between bowing ur head (sees chakauna) when forced and simply showing respect

the bond of the Guru and Sikh cant break that simply

even if u wander the earth dont let ur heart leave the guru

What is it with the Sikh youth these days? You need to ask yourself, "why did u go to the Church in the first instance"? Why didn't u take ur friend to the gurdwara instead...and give him Amrit? You should definately pesh, and pesh like you've never peshed before...

It's all about INTENT. If you intended to take the Holy Water then you must pesh. If you did not intend to do it before you went into Church then it's ok. I'm very worried about you....you're login name suggests that you have a love for Christianity - which is ok, because God is in all. BUT you must ask yourself the question: Did Jesus really rise from the dead?

Have you ever peshed before? Because as far as I know, you can't keep on peshing like there's no tommorow. It's not like a bottomless coca-cola at Pizza Hut you know....you can't keep coming back for refills.....

Guest holyman_sewadar

I think your right holy water is wine!

In which case Pesh is not enough __JohnTheBpatist_ will need to dandaut before the five beloved ones and beg for mercy. How did you get yourself into such a compromising position? Your Sangat needs to be reviewed! Look around you, look deep inside yourself and find the true you.

I feel your Sangat has lead you astray, you should be going to Gurdwara on Thursdays and doing sewa not out at Churches with your mates having a tipple.

God bless you my son!

Guru ji repeatedly emphasizes in Gurbani and rahit that Sikh panth is nyara (distinct). We are allowed to respect other dharms but this does not mean we can lose our distinctiveness in order to show respect. Taking the baptism of another religion to ''show respect'' is against the teachings of Sikh dharm. We are not allowed to bow before other Gurus. Taking their baptism is actually like bowing before other Gurus. Ask any Christian if they will take Amrit to ''show respect'' and you won't find a single one who agrees. You need to go get pesh.