Outrage!

sikhsta

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eating of meat is only permissable in few circumstances.

personally, i dont believe in the practice of jhatka as it is today. I am a lacto vegeterian myslef, however i met some amazing sikhs at sachkhand sri hazoor sahib.... amount of simran seva and bani they do in a day is more then i do in a week... there gian is way deeper then mine - they were pro jhatka... at the end of the day it comes down to differences in belief. ive never researched the concept of jhatka in depth as my interest in it is limited. jhatka is not one of the lords secrets we should be unravelling.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The people who called this practice ( Jhatka ) is not right than why dasme patshah did this type of practice

Jhatka Is the part of khalsa panth go any Nihung singh Dal Panth in Punjab or where ever ask them about the maryada of Hazur sahib . Nobody tell u that this is wrong . So Many Mahapurush , Sant like SANT SINGH JI MASKEEN , BABA NAND SINGH , SANT GURUBACHAN SINGH JI BHINDRAWALE , SANT JARNAIL SINGH JI BHINDRAWALE , BABA THAKUR SINGH JI , SANT BABA ATTAR SINGH JI & Many more they came to hazur sahib but they never tell that this is wrong .

smile.gif

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The people who called this practice ( Jhatka ) is not right than why dasme patshah did this type of practice

Jhatka Is the part of khalsa panth go any Nihung singh Dal Panth in Punjab or where ever ask them about the maryada of Hazur sahib . Nobody tell u that this is wrong . So Many Mahapurush , Sant like SANT SINGH JI MASKEEN , BABA NAND SINGH , SANT GURUBACHAN SINGH JI BHINDRAWALE , SANT JARNAIL SINGH JI BHINDRAWALE , BABA THAKUR SINGH JI , SANT BABA ATTAR SINGH JI & Many more they came to hazur sahib but they never tell that this is wrong .

smile.gif

Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa himself never ate meat. Why would he say killing an animal is right.

And where does it say Guru Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji did this practice.

Read this;

Why would jhatka be permitted when these guys that want to eat meat use bani that says the sugar cane also suffers when being crushed to justify meat eating. Vegetables are also be chopped into bits and they must be crying, and suffering all the time. So why can we put vegetables throw this pain, but not an animal. For an animal we have to strike it with one blow. This does not make sense because if animals and vegetables are the same on the food line then we should be able to cut an animal however we choose, just as we do with vegetables. And this whole Muslims cut the throat slowly and let it bleed to death is a big so what. Didn't the vegetable suffer when we cut it bit by bit. Didn't the juices of the vegetable come out slowly, cutting it bit by bit.

Why would Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji allow Sikh to cruelly cut one food(vegetables) and the other he would say the Muslims are making the animal suffer, so now on Sikhs have to eat meat when the animal is struck with one blow and killed. Why would Guru Sahib have a double standard when vegetarian food and meat is on the same line according to the meat eaters.

Second arguement these guys like to present is that Muslims were making a sacrifice of the meat to God and reading prayers to make it pure to eat. In this sense to start jhatka does not make sense still. because the food still can be made a sacrifice to God doesn't matter, which way you cut the animal. Can't the mantra be said two or three minutes before they strike the animal with one blow to purifify the food. The only thing Jhatka gets rid of is cruelty of the animal by one blow. But according to the meat eaters in Gurbani the sugar cane is crushed and feels pain. So why be the hypocrite and cruelly let a sugar cane suffer, but not let an animal suffer. Why the double standard.

Then last one they bring up is, jhatka was started to abolish the Muslim way of killing animals. What does it abolish that an animal is pure. This is already written in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. That animal sacrifice is wrong, again already written in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. As you can see above it doesn't solve this problem and if you say it does then you get labeled as a hypocrite for letting a vegetable suffer on the frying pan.

1. The arguement that vegetables/grain/fruit is the same as meat does not hold.

2. The jhatka way does not solve anything.

3. It proves that meat eaters have a double standard for meat and vegetables, but with the same tongue say both are the same.

I say meat is only permitted if every other food on this plant disappears. Meat is only used as a survival need and nothing else.

s

Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa himself never ate meat. Why would he say killing an animal is right.

And where does it say Guru Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji did this practice.

I say meat is only permitted if every other food on this plant disappears. Meat is only used as a survival need and nothing else.[/size][/font]

Only five Ji, just because Sant Jarnail Singh Ji didnt do this practise he doesnt mean that he was against it. Listen to Giani Thakur Singh katha when he describes how jatha went to Hazzoor Sahib, and Sant Gurbachan Singh before they left told them that maryada of Hazzoor Sahib is different. But SantJi never said it was wrong. Neither did Sant Kartar Singh or Sant Jarnail Singh.

Even last year, Guru Ji's Taksal was given sewa of the paath, but no-one from Taksal raised any objections about the Jhatka prac, even though they do not practice it themselves.

Also get rid of the " I " think mentality. It will really help you.

Only five Ji, just because Sant Jarnail Singh Ji didnt do this practise he doesnt mean that he was against it. Listen to Giani Thakur Singh katha when he describes how jatha went to Hazzoor Sahib, and Sant Gurbachan Singh before they left told them that maryada of Hazzoor Sahib is different. But SantJi never said it was wrong. Neither did Sant Kartar Singh or Sant Jarnail Singh.

Just because they didn't stop it doesn't mean they were for it either.

btw. would anyone care to translate the 'jhatka parkash' excerpt, read it but style of panjabi was different, something about bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji. I pity the foo' who writes against sants (if thats what it is).