Truth

Jag_Singh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think fear is that easy to master?......by putting the shabad/ gurbani tuk is not enough.......we need to practice in reality what gurbani teaches us........

Ok Jag Singh I understand you think overcoming fear like this is difficult and yes at times it can be, but I have been beaten up badly frequently over the years, repeatedly smashed in the head, black eyes, kicked, punched, beaten with shoes, at one point every day for two weeks. Naam Jaap and my belief that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the ONLY thing that pulled me through. God is your only support at moments like these, sometimes I could hardly feel the pain because I was doing naam jaap and thinking of Guru Nanak so intensely, along with remembering that the world is just a dream, that what was happening to me wasn't real, that my skin isn't real, my bones aren't real.

Look what our gurus went through, look how they were tortured, sent out to battle, died- never uttering a cry and always calm, shaheeds who did the same, never looked back on the battle field, some never uttered a cry yeh they got beat up and tortured- nothing in the whole world could make someone that brave except god.

I used to suffer from Arachnophobia used to check for spiders under posters, in my bed, under my bed, in my pillow case every night. Now I couldn't care less if a spider sat on my mouth.

Gurbani, naam jaap and faith in the guru is so much stronger than people believe, with the knowledege imparted in gurbani itself, fear should be driven away, but only naam jaap can control the mind- your mind is what makes you fearful in the first place and us we're completely unable to control our minds. Naam jaap and faith in god is the ONLY way we can overcome fear (naam jaap puts us in chardi kala- you can try everything else, but you'll never be able to control your mind.

Interesting. Now we are roughly speaking on the same frequency on fear. Thanks. I admire your spirit to sustain physical torture. Amazing. Anyway, now I have understood your point of view of 'fear' I will now move on to your other points you made previously:

Unless we're incredibly spiritually advanced this kind of thing will hurt us, even though I try to stay at peace and ignore, it always gets to me to some extent- but sikhi is always there to help us bounce up again stronger than before, hopefully having learnt the valuable lesson that god is only person we can fully trust and who will always love and be there for us.

I've wanted to say this. But just a quick note on fear. We all are at different spiritual levels. Meaning fear for you may not be the same fear for me, as someone mentioned.

more on fear:

http://www.mindpower...versalFears.htm

You need to read through Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Throughout it tells us that God is the creator and the creation, that everthing is controlled by his power includng our world and maya, the great illusion and dream we're stuck in, demons, sinners, holy people

Now....This is one of the 'hardcore' fears I wanted to talk about. Demons. Although they are totally to a different level towards spiders, they still may create fear. Practising to fight against demons at a level may kill the fear for demons. Just like the spiders.

I don't want to say anything personal, but if still want to talk about this to a greater degree do PM me or whatever, cus there are some things I feel which are not appropriate being said openly on here.

I do get the general message you were trying to imply.

How do you suppose you fight against demons, do you feel your possessed?

I do believe demons may create fear in people. However it must be understood, they are not something you can get rid of, as you said “Everything is Gods creation”

I do believe demons may create fear in people. However it must be understood, they are not something you can get rid of, as you said "Everything is Gods creation"

Do give examples of the part in bold.......besides if you want to talk about fear, create another thread, this one is about 'truth'. Thanks.

Lolll but you talked about "fear" in this thread already? anyways you never answered my qeustion do you feel your possessed by demons?

I do believe demons may create fear in people. However it must be understood, they are not something you can get rid of, as you said “Everything is Gods creation”

Like I said the world's an illusion, a play if you like, written by the creator.

We're all actors .

Sometimes actors get fired. Lol :lol:

You fight against demons by doing paath and ask god to 'get rid' of them and/or for protection against them- they come under the category of 'enemies' if they're upsetting you.

Or jaap naam.

ਸੋ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿਆ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਤਿਨ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਿ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਏ सो गुरमुखि नामु जपिआ वडभागी तिन निंदक दुसट सभि पैरी पाए ॥ So gurmukẖ nām japi▫ā vadbẖāgī ṯin ninḏak ḏusat sabẖ pairī pā▫e. Very fortunate and blessed is that Gurmukh who chants the Naam; it shall bring all slanderers and wicked enemies to fall at his feet.