Kirpan Case For Young Boy

papee

No sorry, i'm not gonna waste my time!!!

If you consider yourself a Sikh atleast have the decency to learn what the term and it's principle's mean, instead of being so ignorant.....................

Good day and good luck

If a Kirpan has some other meaning? Please explain.

It sounds very much like the Brahmans and there thread (Jaanou).

Why don't you search this site for the answer? You ask why Kirpan, but you made it clear already, that you won't accept any facts presented. Also you show no sincerity on finding out why.

So here i'll have this back and forth debate with you. Tell us, what kind of evidence you want be to present that will make it clear for you that Kirpan is not like the Jaanuo, not outdated, and it mus be worn.

Sorry if I seem ignorant but I haven’t made anything clear, I’m just asking for another reason for the Kirpan, if not as a weapon. What else could be the reason?

It sound's ritualistic; to wear something that has no purpose in the modern environment. All I’m asking is for an explanation.

Can any one send me a link or give me a clear answer?

People I’m asking you a question, there seems to be some sort of hostility towards answering it.

Guru fetahy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KPhull what the hell are you on about, is mandatory for 'amritdhari' Sikh, something all followers of Sikhi should aspire to do!!!

How is carrying a small blunt dagger, showing that were living 300 years in the past, and how is not compatible with living in modern times, and what relation has the kirpan got to with knife crime. How many attacks have happened using the kirpan??

Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??

KPhull, you seriously need to think before posting such nonsense, I know of no Sikh, no matter how little knowledge they have of Sikhi showing such disregard to any of the 5 k's!!

"Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??"

No sorry, can you enlighten me please?

It's about surrendering our minds to the Guru's will. This surrender is the true essence of our path. Look at historical sakhis, it is those Sikhs who had the kirpa to surrender who progressed the most. Those who reject Amrit, and the required kakkars, fail at the first step.

I find Yuktanand Singh ji's posts to be quite illuminating, reflecting a very deep understanding of Gurbani: Explanation of Sikh dharm

I recommend everyone read these, as they contain exceptional knowledge for prachaar.

But my brother what are you going to surrender by wearing a kirpan. Can’t you achieve that by not wearing it?

It goes back to my original question, is this not same as wearing the thread of the Brahmans? If Kirpan has no practicality in the modern world, then it’s another ritual object. As Sikhs aren’t we suppose to move away from rituals.

No sorry, i'm not gonna waste my time!!!

If you consider yourself a Sikh atleast have the decency to learn what the term and it's principle's mean, instead of being so ignorant.....................

Good day and good luck

If a Kirpan has some other meaning? Please explain.

It sounds very much like the Brahmans and there thread (Jaanou).

Why don't you search this site for the answer? You ask why Kirpan, but you made it clear already, that you won't accept any facts presented. Also you show no sincerity on finding out why.

So here i'll have this back and forth debate with you. Tell us, what kind of evidence you want be to present that will make it clear for you that Kirpan is not like the Jaanuo, not outdated, and it mus be worn.

Sorry if I seem ignorant but I haven't made anything clear, I'm just asking for another reason for the Kirpan, if not as a weapon. What else could be the reason?

It sound's ritualistic; to wear something that has no purpose in the modern environment. All I'm asking is for an explanation.

People I'm asking you a question, there seems to be some sort of hostility towards answering it.

Guru fetahy

A kirpan has multiple reasons for it. Does it just have to be a weapon in self-defense. NO!

A person that wnats to learn just ask's questions without making ignorant statements like calling the Kirpan a ritual. Have you ever gone to the Gurdwara and stood in Ardas. You should know the Kirpan is used in Ardas.

A Sikh would never slander the kirpan and anything given to us by the Guru's. But you do it multiple times. And continue to do it. IT's obvious Sikhs will get upset when a ignorant person starts off with a false statement and then just to play's the innocent game, saying I was just asking questions.dry.gif

With all that said here is a link to a great article.

http://www.sikhs.org/nosymbol.htm

KPhull what the hell are you on about, is mandatory for 'amritdhari' Sikh, something all followers of Sikhi should aspire to do!!!

How is carrying a small blunt dagger, showing that were living 300 years in the past, and how is not compatible with living in modern times, and what relation has the kirpan got to with knife crime. How many attacks have happened using the kirpan??

Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??

KPhull, you seriously need to think before posting such nonsense, I know of no Sikh, no matter how little knowledge they have of Sikhi showing such disregard to any of the 5 k's!!

"Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??"

No sorry, can you enlighten me please?

It's about surrendering our minds to the Guru's will. This surrender is the true essence of our path. Look at historical sakhis, it is those Sikhs who had the kirpa to surrender who progressed the most. Those who reject Amrit, and the required kakkars, fail at the first step.

I find Yuktanand Singh ji's posts to be quite illuminating, reflecting a very deep understanding of Gurbani: Explanation of Sikh dharm

I recommend everyone read these, as they contain exceptional knowledge for prachaar.

But my brother what are you going to surrender by wearing a kirpan. Can't you achieve that by not wearing it?

It goes back to my original question, is this not same as wearing the thread of the Brahmans? If Kirpan has no practicality in the modern world, then it's another ritual object. As Sikhs aren't we suppose to move away from rituals.

By wearing the 5 k's you surrender to Guru Sahib Hukam. And it doesn't go back to any where.

This modern debate is so funny by these so called modern people. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Sorry if I seem ignorant but I haven't made anything clear, I'm just asking for another reason for the Kirpan, if not as a weapon. What else could be the reason?

It sound's ritualistic; to wear something that has no purpose in the modern environment. All I'm asking is for an explanation.

People I'm asking you a question, there seems to be some sort of hostility towards answering it.

So you want another reason *evil laugh*.........just did a google......read the whole page and then tell me how many reasons you spotted....... http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Kirpan

Not to mention this is only one link, I could be throwing a hell of alot more pages to satisfy your need for reasons.

Define Ritualistic........please do....If you cannot....I will myself.

It goes back to my original question, is this not same as wearing the thread of the Brahmans? If Kirpan has no practicality in the modern world, then it’s another ritual object. As Sikhs aren’t we suppose to move away from rituals.

Interesting. Was this (in bold) supposed to be a question? or a statement?

If you have answered any of the questions above, please justify your reason. Let alone the other points you made......this point of yours has prompted me to question you.....this point of yours alone has got me thinking.....hmmmmm.

So you want another reason *evil laugh*.........just did a google......read the whole page and then tell me how many reasons you spotted....... http://www.sikhiwiki...ndex.php/Kirpan

Not to mention this is only one link, I could be throwing a hell of alot more pages to satisfy your need for reasons.

It goes back to my original question, is this not same as wearing the thread of the Brahmans? If Kirpan has no practicality in the modern world, then it's another ritual object. As Sikhs aren't we suppose to move away from rituals.

Interesting. Was this (in bold) supposed to be a question? or a statement?

If you have answered any of the questions above, please justify your reason. Let alone the other points you made......this point of yours has prompted me to question you.....this point of yours alone has got me thinking.....hmmmmm.

Go ahead my friend. Define to your hearts content.

kphull,

I see. You want to play the slow game. Fine.

Rituals are acts where one praises anything. This is the way daas see Rituals. Now for a more deep understanding........please visit:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ritualistic

Now that is out the way, you still haven't answered any of my previous question. I take the juice has been squeezed out the oranges.

i'm not going to go and quote e.c.t, ..but skimming through the thread, some quick points to comment on :

the kirpan IS a practical thing, which SHOULD be sharpened and known how to use

the kirpan on a practical and symbolic basis serves humanity, stands up and defends the rights of other and oneself e.c.t

When gurusahib blessed us with the kirpan, at the time, no-one else except the oppressive rulers were allowed to carry weapons and so on. Maharaj broke that and demonstrated that EVERY person has the right to defend oneslef and others, on a physical, mental and spiritual basis, its almost a symbol of freedom too, i guess, and also, ALWAYS bring ready

The kirpan is a beautiful blessing given to us by gurusahib, and its ashame that we are so restricted these days.

In the days of gurusahib (tho these are the days of Gurusahib still) even tho sikhs were not 'legally' permitted to carry shastr by the rulers, alongside other things like horses and playing saaj e.c.t, but they still did, they stood above any form of oppression. we are not free, yet we are made to believe so

major apologies

I hope gurusahib does awnser the question for kphull, apologies for rambling, or being offtrak or any further confusion e.c.t