Sikh Channel - Whats Wrong?

BhaiSahib

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am bring this question to all Sikhs out there, as ive tried to contact Sikh Channel and have no answer.

Sikh Channel promised that they wouldnt appeal or ask for Direct Debits after August, however they have started their appeals again!

Why???

I have seen many Sikh Channel staff that work or seva basied for SikhChannel. I have a direct debit set up, so i owuld like to see the CV`s of the staff who work there and why have they been choosen, have they go broadcast experience? how can the make the Sikh Channel better? etc.

I think that the sangat should know who have set up a DD about which staff and why they are at SikhChannel.

Also i have seen the photos of the staff who work at SikhChannel they are realy bad! Drinking, Clubbing etc!. And really they dont know nothing about Sikhism! How can they deliver when they dont know what they are going to provide.

I also wanted to know that, does Dont Delay, Balfor, CTS and all business owned by the so called known Bal Brothers, Do they pay for the advertisment? or Not?

Sorry if i have said anything out of order but i feel very bad about this.

Don't play games.

The accounts are on-line and you can see for yourself where the money is used. They're only asked because they didn't reach the target of 10000 direct debits, which is shameful for us.

There are so many rumours and lies being thrown around about this, our only channel. Some moorakhs saying it is all funded by Johlan Sants, other saying it is all AKJ, others saying it is GNNSJ etc etc.

Giving £4 a month doesn't give you the right to dictate who they should or should not employ. They kept asking for volunteers - how many turned up?

hes got a point tho. its sumin ive also wondered. do those businesses pay? because they are shown quite regularly, every break infact. this should be generating alot of money for the channel to continue if they are being paid for as they should be. cus otherwise theyll be using all those direct debits of the sangats youve been asking for to advertise theyre own businesses for free.

750,000 sikhs in the uk....

dont hold your breath.

2001 census puts the number of Sikhs in the UK just above 336000.

Ok, so 2001 was nearly 10 years ago and so there will be a significant increase... but nowhere near 750,000.

Furthermore, the census of 2001 would have included ravidas Sikhs and others. I know many ravidassiya do not consider themselves Sikhs due to recent events - how much of an impact will issues like these have on the next census?

In addition to all of the above, many orthodox Sikhs propagate that Sikhs are a distinct community with a distinct identity. On this basis, how many Sikhs are there in the UK (census aside)?...

I did not mean to go off topic, just wondering where the figure 750000+ came from.

back to the topic at hand... when we have a more realistic figure of how many Sikhs there are, there are other questions we need to explore before we can make comments such as 'its SHAMEFULL that ouver 750,000 Sikhs live in the UK and not even 10,000 can support this channel - That is the PATHETIC state of the Sikh Nation in 2009 '. for example the age groups of the sikhs in the uk, are they old enough to work? if so do they have jobs or any income? do they even know that the Sikh channel exists? Do they even have Sky Digital / Internet accesss? do they agree with the content and principles of the sikh channel? etc.

btw singh#,- singh@ cant make it because hes attending this years annual limca records... he's the only person brave (and stupid) enough to slide down a long razorblade into a pool of vinigar!