I Am Such A Loser

Guest loser

Gurfateh jee

sadh sangat jee

i have been amrit darri for two years - and i feel like i havnt grown at all.

i cant read gurmukhi, i just listen to my paath on my mp3.

i dont know ANY of my nitnem off by heart.

i dont do any extra paath whatsoever.

i eat out.

i dont wake up till 12/1 in the afternoon oclock everyday.

im such a mess.

can anyone help me cus i really need to fix up - cus it just make me feel crappy all the time.

gurfateh jeeo

Well, put those negative feelings to some good use. Lets filll up the rest of the half empty glass.

Start slow.

Learn to read the easiest and simple bani first. I think thats Anand Sahib, but you may differ after you read them.

To learn Gurmukhi, use bunch of sites available.

Get up 15mins. earlier than yesterday. And continue adding 15mins. everyday.

You gotta fight the monkey mind, who is going to try harder to not let you. You have to make a determination to not let the monkey mind win.

And babaji nu ardas karo from heart, like you really wanna make a change.

Gur Fateh.

Good sign. I mean it seems like you are really eager to do something about your situation. It's really not that hard you know. Your problem is that you are just really lazy. That's it. No biggie. You are not alone. I can assure you that. What you really need to do is:

CHANGE YOUR LIVING STYLE: THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.

For the time being, whenever you may wake up noon or whatever, start planning your day from there. Maybe this will inspire you to wake up early. First thing though, whenever you wake up, try to picture yourself in the Guru Ghar doing Matha Tek in front of Guru Ji. Just imagine it. It brings peace within.

And try to keep a bottle of cold water with you. Spray yourself with it anytime you think you are not doing what you are really supposed to be doing. Along it sigh out a long thank you to the Lord.

You 'try' to 'listen' to Gurbani. That's great. That's what Guru Naanak Sahib emphasizes in Jap Ji Sahib "Suṇi▫ai". By listening to the Lord's glories, we eventually become him. So that's very good, keep it up.

Nitnem is 'there' so you can practice it daily, 'Nit'(daily). This way you get the hang of it eventually. The important thing is that you are doing it. Through listening. Good again!

You are feeling that you should be listening to more Gurbani. This feeling is an accomplishment in itself. It will inspire you eventually to listen to him more. Give more way to such feelings.

Eating out is not a problem at all. As long as you are eating things meant for humans, i.e. a vegetarian diet, it's fine. Whenever you start chewing on your first bite though, just utter inside of you "Waheguru, thank you". Waheguru does wonders!

See there is no BIG problem at all. All can be easily changed! No worries. Just don't give up. Okay? Waheguru...

Guest --gupt--

Guru fateh!

Believe that "you can".Whenever u get negative thoughts say to u'r self that "i can".I can do these no matter what.Or fhir guru ji ho satha hai hi.Guru ji will help u in u'r every effort.

Think for the most important thing which u will loose then how u will feel? & with that feeling in mind do u'r work to u'r best.

If u can't read gurmukhi then for time being u can do patha with hindi or english gutka.

Read the book of punjabi alphabets it is not tough & is most similar to hindi alphabets.

Then when u are able to recognize punjabi alphabet.

Switch on u'r mp3 & side by side try to read punjabi gutka.U will get great help b'coz whenever u get stuck to any word or letter, mp3 will help u read it easily.

Regurally do ardaas guru ji will help u..............do sewa,go to gurdwara........

Bul chuk mafa!

Guru fateh!

Even the western society has this figured out, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". I'm kinda like you, I have a real tough time waking up in the morning and because of that I'm late for work almost every day! :rolleyes: Start eating healthy, go to bed early, that's all there is to it. It's not that hard, but only if people like me could stick to it for more than a week :rolleyes:

I think when you start having these negative feeling that means Bani and Guru's updesh is working. It's making your unconcious mind concious. It takes time to get rid of bad habits/thoughts but good stuff is so easy to loose. Keep trying to get up early to do Nitnem. You don't have to wake up at 4 a.m. to start. Just try going to bed early and soon you will be waking up early all by yourself. If you go late to bed like 2-3 am do your Nitnem before going to bed and you had beaten most of the loosers like myself on this site. I bet most of us are good at preaching to other and don't follow it ourself. Half of the people here are spending average 5-6 hours just repsonding to posts than doing Simran.

Good sign. I mean it seems like you are really eager to do something about your situation. It's really not that hard you know. Your problem is that you are just really lazy. That's it. No biggie. You are not alone. I can assure you that. What you really need to do is:

CHANGE YOUR LIVING STYLE: THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.

For the time being, whenever you may wake up noon or whatever, start planning your day from there. Maybe this will inspire you to wake up early. First thing though, whenever you wake up, try to picture yourself in the Guru Ghar doing Matha Tek in front of Guru Ji. Just imagine it. It brings peace within.

And try to keep a bottle of cold water with you. Spray yourself with it anytime you think you are not doing what you are really supposed to be doing. Along it sigh out a long thank you to the Lord.

You 'try' to 'listen' to Gurbani. That's great. That's what Guru Naanak Sahib emphasizes in Jap Ji Sahib "Suṇi▫ai". By listening to the Lord's glories, we eventually become him. So that's very good, keep it up.

Nitnem is 'there' so you can practice it daily, 'Nit'(daily). This way you get the hang of it eventually. The important thing is that you are doing it. Through listening. Good again!

You are feeling that you should be listening to more Gurbani. This feeling is an accomplishment in itself. It will inspire you eventually to listen to him more. Give more way to such feelings.

Eating out is not a problem at all. As long as you are eating things meant for humans, i.e. a vegetarian diet, it's fine. Whenever you start chewing on your first bite though, just utter inside of you "Waheguru, thank you". Waheguru does wonders!

See there is no BIG problem at all. All can be easily changed! No worries. Just don't give up. Okay? Waheguru...

woww, your such a cooll person

i really like your personalityy and positive attitude!

:)

On www.Gursevak.com there is a pothi called Gareebi Nimrata wale pothi. Download the gareebi nitnem mp3's and the shaheedi jaap as well. Put these on your mp3 player and listen to these all day long, even at night. It will make your chinta disappear. I'm speaking from personal experience as it has helped me a lot. you can learn what the shabads mean from the pothi. If you don't understand Gurbani, you can copy paste the tuks into sikhitothemax for the english translation.

btw, it's ok to build up our jeevan slowly, one part at a time. Main thing to focus on is to do sangat more often. Especially with the Guru and the sangat at the Gurdwara.