Swiss Decision To Ban Minarets On Mosques

harjsingh2009

I'm interested to hear what fellow members think of the Swiss referendum to ban minarets on mosques. The people have voted for a ban in the referendum. There are only 4 minarets in Switzerland (it has a moslem population of 400,000).

Personally, i think this is a racist move and an attack on free speech. I hope sikhs will support their moslem brothers in expressing outrage at this

news quote...

"Swiss voters have approved a ban on new mosque minarets being built, prompting dismay and anger in the Muslim world at the success of the far-right initiative.

The referendum to ban the towers or turrets attached to mosques from where Muslims are traditionally called to prayer was approved Sunday by 57.5 percent of voters who cast ballots and in 22 out of the country's 26 cantons."

These muslims want free speech/ Human rights and Democracy for themsleves in non muslim countries, but dont give it to non muslims in m uslims countries!FACT

Guru Arjun dev gurdwara torn down in Rawalpindi, in the 60's other coutnelss sikh gurdwaras in terrible condition in Pakistan, why dont they do sumthing about that?

Sharia law says if u have a religous temple it cant be torn down ,but cant be repaired either!!! ie if a window breaks no one can fix it?? In time the temples rot away themselves.

OK.

I guess if the Swiss people - via a referendum - decide that gurdwaras could only be built without a nishan sahib, you would agree with the Swiss people??

Sikhism is not a religion built on principles such as an eye for an eye or intolerance .... I don't remember the gurus preaching that. If they did, please point it out to me.

The Swiss people are effectively voting against all people who look 'different' (yes - that includes you) in the eyes of white Europeans.

Don't behave like extremists by adopting a 'knee <banned word filter activated>' response. First think.

Is it now OK to support the People's Party of Switzerland, but not the BNP of UK, which is basically the same thing?

How stupid is it to ban a particular architectural feature?

Anyway, it seems amazing that a seemingly laid-back country like Switzerland is falling prey to xenophobia. Not that a certain section of Muslims haven't done their best to stoke their fears, though.

The main problem is the rich, rationalist west sees no reason to engage in the fundamental act of living: procreation. http://www.google.co...ulation+decline

With fertility rates down across Europe, Europeans are looking at a brown future, and are lashing out in confusion and anger. They don't feel like bothering to go to church every week, but they hate that mosques are full, so they look to a legislative solution.

These muslims want free speech/ Human rights and Democracy for themsleves in non muslim countries, but dont give it to non muslims in m uslims countries!FACT

Guru Arjun dev gurdwara torn down in Rawalpindi, in the 60's other coutnelss sikh gurdwaras in terrible condition in Pakistan, why dont they do sumthing about that?

Sharia law says if u have a religous temple it cant be torn down ,but cant be repaired either!!! ie if a window breaks no one can fix it?? In time the temples rot away themselves.

I agree with Manni007 you cannot do deals with a religion that does not recognises others look what happened at Luton (UK) today when Islam confronts Islam:-

BBC NEWS

Tory Muslim peer pelted with eggs

Conservative peer Baroness Sayeeda Warsi of Dewsbury, named Britain's most powerful Muslim woman, has been pelted with eggs during a visit to Luton.

Baroness Warsi was taking part in a walkabout in the Muslim Bury Park area of Luton when she was confronted by a group of protesters.

The male protesters accused her of not being a proper Muslim and supporting the death of Muslims in Afghanistan.

Baroness Warsi, who was hit by at least one egg, debated with the men.

The Shadow Minister for Community Cohesion and Social Action was then taken into a nearby shop.

Baroness Warsi recently appeared on a BBC One Question Time panel alongside British National Party leader Nick Griffin.

She was named in the power list chosen by a panel led by Trevor Phillips, chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The award was set up to celebrate high performers in business, the arts, media, voluntary and public sectors.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8387110.stm

Published: 2009/11/30 16:44:59 GMT

© BBC MMIX

So Jeevan and manni007, we should base our views on a whole religion on the pathetic behaviour of a few extremists.

If your brother was an <banned word filter activated>, I wouldn't say that your whole family were idiots .... would I?

There are plenty of countries with a majority moslem population where people can practice their religions freely, .. Turkey, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon,.....

So Jeevan and manni007, we should base our views on a whole religion on the pathetic behaviour of a few extremists.

If your brother was an <banned word filter activated>, I wouldn't say that your whole family were idiots .... would I?

There are plenty of countries with a majority moslem population where people can practice their religions freely, .. Turkey, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon,.....

Likewise there are plenty of countries in europe where they can practic their religions freely as well. Having no more minarets is harldy going to prevent them from worshipping is it?

Muslims should not complain since non-muslim religious minorities are subject to worst laws in the home 'muslim states'. As for Sikhs, if something similar happens to them, we have a right to protest because we do not discriminate against non-sikhs and see evryone as equal before god. There is as much difference between Sikhs and muslims as betwenn apples and oranges. So don't compare apples with oranges.