What I Do

gogidalsingh

oN Sunday my massar coming our home. We watching Sikh Channel and Baba Ranjit Singh Ji we record on sky plas. He say all trouble of Sikh terrorist then he saying Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji was also athvaadi. I eating roti with gobee sabji and get angry then he say again so i say him you are dirty bas"%^£" you do drink drive and kulvinder chacha tell me police catching you and kanjri in the car. My mum and massi was in kitchen but my massar say my massi we go home now and they went. Then my mum ask whats happening and I tell her, she say it was 15 year go so massar is good man now and i do maafi. I say he do maafi for telling lies not me.

So what i doing now because my massi is phoning my mum and he saying they not coming my house again. Should i do sorry?

Yes, you should. Respecting your parents is a big deal in Sikhi.

So is forgiveness. If your uncle hasn't repeated his wrongdoings in 15 years, it's wrong to hold it against him.

You don't have to give a reply to every single thing that people say. But you can definitely argue things with your friends of your own age.

bhforce paaji.

yes you right but he saying bad thing. he come england do drink drive and police catch with kanjri now he giving me education. If i say him sorry then he thinking he winning, and at binders wedding he was singing dirty boliyan in front of girls. He all the time being rude and dirty.

so i stuck, if i say sorry he think he right. even my dad say he is gadda di ulaad and mental and say not apologise because he alway coming our house and eats all the khoya walia pinia like fat pig. He children are nice and not say bad word but he is always thinking i am jagjit singh i am right none everyone else nows anything.

Now i tell mum i say sorry to massi but massar no chance or shall i say him sorry but ask him not to say bad thing like that in my houses?

here is some things that came out of THEIR mouths to get a better idea:

"Bhindranwale is atvaad"

"Bhindranwale would've killed a mona like you"

"Bhindranwale picks names out of a hat to have them killed"

"Bhindranwale keeps women with him and does haremi things at Harminder Sahib complex. "

This kind of things can make someone's blood boil. They also have pictures of that hindu god matha right next to pictures of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Personally it hurts to see my close relatives with such an ideology.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I wouldn't apologize. He should apologize in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj for saying those things about a Pooran Brahmgiani. IMO you dont need people like that coming to your house anyway.

kabeer saakath sang n keejeeai dhoorehi jaaeeai bhaag |

Kabeer, do not associate with the faithless cynics; run far away from them.

baasan kaaro paraseeai tho kash laagai dhaag |131|

If you touch a vessel stained with soot, some of the soot will stick to you. ||131||

But i also recommend that next you make your comments in a peaceful manner and not to sink to his level. Singhs don't get angry. There's a difference between anger and Bir Ras.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

First apologize to your mom for causing her trouble. You may wish to apologize to your massi also. In both cases tell them you don’t want to hurt them and also tell them that you now understand that if a fact is used to hurt someone unnecessarily, then it is merely a fact but not the Truth.

First think hard about how people can make mistakes and become better people. Then sincerely apologize to your massar for bringing something up from 15 years ago for which he has moved on from. That was wrong on your part if he made a mistake and has moved on. Tell him you him you can respect differing political views but baseless slandering of sikh martyrs, is dishonest and not acceptable anywhere, but you’ll leave that conversation for later and you just wish to apologize for venting in a manner that was uncalled for.

And then post#6 bhforce,which is very well said.

First apologize to your mom for causing her trouble. You may wish to apologize to your massi also. In both cases tell them you don’t want to hurt them and also tell them that you now understand that if a fact is used to hurt someone unnecessarily, then it is merely a fact but not the Truth.

First think hard about how people can make mistakes and become better people. Then sincerely apologize to your massar for bringing something up from 15 years ago for which he has moved on from. That was wrong on your part if he made a mistake and has moved on. Tell him you him you can respect differing political views but baseless slandering of sikh martyrs, is dishonest and not acceptable anywhere, but you’ll leave that conversation for later and you just wish to apologize for venting in a manner that was uncalled for.

And then post#6 bhforce,which is very well said.

He should apologize for his tone or bringing up something that happened 15 years ago BUT in NO WAY would I personally apologize for what his massar said about Sant Ji.

So if this happens again just walk away so you dont have to listen to the nindya of Shaheeds and Brahmgyanis, or like BHForce said learn Gurbani and History to make your arguments calmly and respectably in the future.