Reasons For Parkash Of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib

Sevadar84

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

written by Gurvah in anotehr thread

Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

making duplicate statements is not a sikh way

LOL get you facts straight first I never said that - someone called Tony did if you read properly..

Tony, on 21 December 2009 - 10:00 AM, said:

Fateh . . .

3. We all read in the dohra: "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pargat Guran ki Deh" however, now we are stating that look we dont believe in what our Guru ORDERED; but we will go against it and will do the path and satkar of Dasam Grant like it is Guru Granth Sahib. Impact: dilution of the overall impact of Sikh religion and its faith and teachings. Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

Accusing people of things they haven't said is not the Sikh way either my friend

Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

LOL get you facts straight first I never said that - someone called Tony did if you read properly..

Fateh . . .

3. We all read in the dohra: "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pargat Guran ki Deh" however, now we are stating that look we dont believe in what our Guru ORDERED; but we will go against it and will do the path and satkar of Dasam Grant like it is Guru Granth Sahib. Impact: dilution of the overall impact of Sikh religion and its faith and teachings. Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

Accusing people of things they haven't said is not the Sikh way either my friend

That is my bad. Let us see your statements. you are saying same thing in a different way

You wrote

Compliled by who?

Then in anotehr post you write

That means you do not believe Dasam being bani of tenth master. That is what other gurnindaks are saying.

Fateh . . .

That is my bad. Let us see your statements. you are saying same thing in a different way

You wrote

Compliled by who?

Then in anotehr post you write

That means you do not believe Dasam being bani of tenth master. That is what other gurnindaks are saying.

Mate, you are not making sense.

1. "Compiled by who?" - Yes I did say that, I am asking a question here and having a discussion, not making a statement. I don't know who compiled it, so I am asking the question.

2. "Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings." I DIDN'T write that as I said in my reply above. That is from the last sentence of Tony's post.

Get Your facts straight!!

1. "Compiled by who?" - Yes I did say that, I am asking a question here and having a discussion, not making a statement. I don't know who compiled it, so I am asking the question.

2. "Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings." I DIDN'T write that as I said in my reply above. That is from the last sentence of Tony's post.

1)

You wrote

quote by Gurvah

I Never said that there was no beer around Guru Sahibs times

Now you write that compiled by who? Since beer was compiled during Guru sahib's time who else can compile.His hand written pages are there in beer.

Let us restrict this to one thread only.

Why did Guru Sahib not say anything about Dasam granth then in 1708 when he installed Guru Granth Sahib ji as the eternal Guru?

There is no clarity on this matter which is why no knows for sure. Although I do believe the bani was Guru Gobing Singh ji's, it is not correct to propagate that it is Sri "Guru" Dasam Granth???

So now you are revealing yourself.It is always good to talk straight.

None is promoting it as Guru. So please correct your statement. SGGS ji is our guru.Such statements emanate from gurnindak organizations like Singh sabha canada and missioanries to mislead sikhs.

At the same time Dasam granth is our second most sacred scriptpure that was always in parkash alongside SGGS ji after guru sahib left this world. Its parkash was lifted in 1944 from Akal takhat by SGPC,. This is the result we are getting now that people ahve gone to the extent of disowning it.

In the same tone i ask you where is it written that guru sahib gave gurgaddi to SGGS ji.

This is not to doubt the position of SGGS which is our Guru. It is to ask those who are detractors of Dasam granth why such regulations are applied to Dasam Granth only?

Accepted that I haven;t seen anywhere in this debate promoting Dasam Garanth as Guru , but I have seen it in previous posts elsewhere. Thank you for claryfing that. Bani in SDGS can not be disowned as we read it everyday in our nitnem and as part of amrit sanchar.

Accepted that I haven;t seen anywhere in this debate promoting Dasam Garanth as Guru , but I have seen it in previous posts elsewhere. Thank you for claryfing that. Bani in SDGS can not be disowned as we read it everyday in our nitnem and as part of amrit sanchar.

Absolutely.There is no doubt that SGGS is our Guru and there is no other equal to SGGS. At the same time Dasam Granth is our second most important scripture.Its banis are recognized by sikhs and SGPC. We have panj granthis and das granthis by SGPC. Banis of Chandi di vaar, bachitra natak ,chaubis avtar and other compositions are in that.

It is writing of our Guru and sikhs have every right to accord it its old glory.

Why did Guru Sahib not say anything about Dasam granth then in 1708 when he installed Guru Granth Sahib ji as the eternal Guru?

There is no clarity on this matter which is why no knows for sure. Although I do believe the bani was Guru Gobing Singh ji's, it is not correct to propagate that it is Sri "Guru" Dasam Granth???

So now you are revealing yourself.It is always good to talk straight.

None is promoting it as Guru. So please correct your statement. SGGS ji is our guru.Such statements emanate from gurnindak organizations like Singh sabha canada and missioanries to mislead sikhs.

At the same time Dasam granth is our second most sacred scriptpure that was always in parkash alongside SGGS ji after guru sahib left this world. Its parkash was lifted in 1944 from Akal takhat by SGPC,. This is the result we are getting now that people ahve gone to the extent of disowning it.

In the same tone i ask you where is it written that guru sahib gave gurgaddi to SGGS ji.

This is not to doubt the position of SGGS which is our Guru. It is to ask those who are detractors of Dasam granth why such regulations are applied to Dasam Granth only?

Thank you for claryfing that. Bani in SDGS can not be disowned as we read it everyday in our nitnem and as part of amrit sanchar.

The above is a secondary answer. The primary reason Sri Dasam Granth is not disowned is because it is the Bani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji.

1)

You wrote

quote by Gurvah

Now you write that compiled by who? Since beer was compiled during Guru sahib's time who else can compile.His hand written pages are there in beer.

That was in reply to you saying that I said there was no beer around then. So I am saying that I didn;t say that!!

If you read my reply above, I said I was asking a question. There is a difference between writing and compiling. Writing is actually writing it, while compliling is putting something together. Like an Amrit Keertan Pothi, the bani is written by Guru Sahib, but the pothi was compiled by Gursikhs early on this century. So I am not questiong whether Guru Gobind Singh wrote this, but more so whether he compiled or put it together. Gutkay contain bani written by guru sahib, but they didnt compile them..

You started it in two threads, I am happy to discuss it here.

I

f you read my reply above, I said I was asking a question. There is a difference between writing and compiling. Writing is actually writing it, while compliling is putting something together. Like an Amrit Keertan Pothi, the bani is written by Guru Sahib, but the pothi was compiled by Gursikhs early on this century. So I am not questiong whether Guru Gobind Singh wrote this, but more so whether he compiled or put it together. Gutkay contain bani written by guru sahib, but they didnt compile them..

He put it togther during his life time.That is why his hand written pages known as khas patras are there.He had scribes and his corrections do appear in beer.

Unfortunately this beer was lost during sack of Anandpur and later sold to a sikh by a pathan.It is still held by a private house.

Second beer compiled in 1698 is at patna sahib.

Afterwards Baba Binod singh, baba deep singh, bhai mani singh had written there own beers. To doubt such gursikhs is a sin since they had been companions of Guru sahib.When their beers were matched contents were more or less same.