Inter-jatha Marriage

Guest jaachak

Guest jaachak

What does the sangat think about the marriage of an Amritdhari Singh and Amritdhari Kaur who took Amrit from Panj Pyaare of 2 different jathebandis? For example 1 follows the maryada of AKJ, and the other of Damdami Taksal, and they both have the utmost respect for each other's Rehits. Lets also presume here that BOTH the Singh and Kaur are dastaar wearing Gursikhs, and also have full shardha in all of Dasam Patshah's Bani. The only difference that would remain here would then be (I didn't want to say this) their different stands in terms of Mool Mantar and Raag Mala. But as long as it doesn't matter to them, they have Gursikhi prem for each other, and accept and respect each other's different stand, what issues (minor or major) could they face after marriage, especially the ones related to Rehit, maryada, and their Gursikhi jeevan?

Thanks

Admin Note: Members are requested only to give their opinions related to the issues that could be faced. Please do NOT turn this into a never-ending debate on Mool Mantar and/or Raag Mala. Just stick to the question.

Guest akjtaksali

the taksalki gursikh will not have naam drir, hence may not receive full benefit if both used swaas swaas jugti during amirtvela. raagmala, moolmantar i think these are the main issues really.

Worst case scenario:

Akand paat done after the wedding......as soon as the paathi gets to raag mala.....the husband (AKJ lets presume) looks at his wife and thinks 'what have I done'?? :ph34r:

they could end up causing a scence in the darbaar hall, they could file for divorce, they could?? they sure could...:@:@

Ignoring the sarcasm, I believe you have answered your question:

Lets also presume here that BOTH the Singh and Kaur are dastaar wearing Gursikhs, and also have full shardha in all of Dasam Patshah's Bani.

In reality it never matters and there will be no fights or anything unless you are a big time politician, blindly follows your jathabandi.. I am totally in favor of all members of any jathabandi to marry outside of their jatha group.. otherwise it will become a big time blind cult.. Be neutral and respect others to the max and you will be okay :)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Even Jatha & Taksal both have good as well as bad points, nobody is PERFECT.

But in order to avoid any future confrontation, you both must follow one maryada, therefore it is better to do a Pesh together before Anand Karaj.

Normally the girl follows her guy & his parents after marriage.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest parauna

Forgive me for saying this, but if as khalsa we're now going to start questioning whether we can marry another gursikh then it's a sad day for us.

Shame on us for being so broken and divided. Shame on us for forgetting what guru sahibaan tried to teach us. Shame on us.

Where did "jaachak" ask if they could get married? He/she just asked what factors could be involved in terms of their Rehit and jeevan, that too after marriage. Marriage was not questioned at all, and like others have posted, there can't and won't be any issues as long as they accept and respect each other's Rehits. As simple as that!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Even Jatha & Taksal both have good as well as bad points, nobody is PERFECT.

But in order to avoid any future confrontation, you both must follow one maryada, therefore it is better to do a Pesh together before Anand Karaj.

Normally the girl follows her guy & his parents after marriage.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

How can you decide who is good/bad? Confrontation is when people are intolerant. The original poster mentioned it clearly that both respect each others Rehit and Maryada. Maybe just a few advices/suggestions are needed so that in future minor confusions can be avoided. The girl and the guy have to follow ONLY Gurujee, not each other or anyone's parents. Also, a husband and wife pesh together AFTER marriage, and NOT before.

"jaachak", I hope Gurujee blesses the Singh and Kaur with chardi kala and Gursikhi jeevan. They both are only Gurujee's Sikhs and nothing else. They shouldn't let anything ever come in between them, especially not issues related to Gurbani which is what binds us together. They could become a role model Gursikh couple for many Gursikh youngsters who are caught in this kind of confusion. May they lead a life full of Gursikhi prem and Gurujee's kirpa.

Guest and dither

Forgive me for saying this, but if as khalsa we're now going to start questioning whether we can marry another gursikh then it's a sad day for us.

Shame on us for being so broken and divided. Shame on us for forgetting what guru sahibaan tried to teach us. Shame on us.

You hit the nail on the head, it is no longer good enough just to be a son or Daughter of our GURU, it is all about which jatha you are in, rather than worry about mutual Jatha differences maybe act on developing mutual compromise to ensure a happy married life

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKEFATEH.

If the marriage is arranged then did the organisers know about the belief conflict?

If the marriage is self chosen , were these differences discussed beforehand?

If Gursikhi is adopted after marriage then a compromise can be sought.[/font]