Not The Sikhi I Knew

humkire

And Inder Singh Jee, please do very carefully and thorougly, the importance of the institution of Amrit is not in anyway being criticised here ! On the contrary, the real absolute importance of this institution is being highlighted here for its utter profoundness and vitalness, its unleasing power and its purpose. Neither is this thread about any self-made theories, this is all about the dire need to get away from all our nonsense and focus on our Guru-given mandate to be a community of SANT SIPAHIS , beaming with MIRI and PIRI , and practising the Gurbani tenets of naam, daan, and ishnan.

<br />apnepart2,<br /><br />If you read very thoroughly , this aint about liking anyone to  be how WE  like them to be! This is about , taking lessons from the past, and applying as well as recasting them,  into the present, and projecting them into the future. This  thread is a reminder about our purpose , our journey and our destination. We cannot afford to retire back into a complacent state of  living with the faults of the world. Then no Guru Nanak  and no Guru Gobind Singh would have manifested in this world , and no Khalsa would have been created to be God's fauj in this world . A fauji  does not sit in barracks the whole day and just pray and just focus on improving HIS  own little ''jeewan''!,  then he aint no fauji but a retired pensioner doing his last prayers hoping to get a footstep into God's heaven sometime soon!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> Neither has this got anything to do with worrying as worrying has got nothing to do with a Sikh! Its not our place to  judge anyone in this world that they '' did not or do not listen to the Guru''. We aint privy to how Gurujee is whispering to anyone in this world in his/her heart, when the drawstrings will  be pulled, and the argument that goes on in that person's consciousness, and, when, and in which lifetime, God will win that argument and reign supreme in that person's heart . Our business is to be like a humble mother that keeps lovingly advising her rebellious kid. Our business is to share SIKHI  left,  right, centre with whoever crosses our path and whoever lands within our radar . That's Gurujee's mandate for our lifes, not just a simplistic matter of washing your hands off others, and focussing selfishly on  improving your own little jeewan.  A mindset that is based on JUST  improving your own liitle jeewan is NOT  a mindset that has been torn asunder by the shuddering force of the revolution triggered within your entire being by receiving Amrit!  Your wise teacher needed to have elevated himself to the  higher realm of  Gurmat  based wisdom based on the philosophy of the creation of the Khalsa and the very purpose for the administering of Amrit to any human soul on earth. Its in understanding this, that you would be doing justice to vikramjit bro's humbleness. Vikramjeet's humbleness does not sprout from a lifestyle  based on protecting his own back, whilst condemning others to their fate, but rather from a lifestyle based on sewa of Gurujee by serving humanity to the best of his ability and by the grace of Gurujee.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

Absolutely by the Grace of Waheguruji. I was pretty stupid at one time to think that just because I've chakod Amrit I'm a better Sikh or 'that I now have the Agency of Sikhism'. I may have obeyed Guruji and chakod Amrit but on whether I'm a better Sikh only He's the Judge.

Guru Rakha

apnepart2,

I think you have somehow not understood the basis of this entire thread due to some reason. A Sikh does not rely on good luck, but Gurujee's grace 24/7, and a Sikh has got nothing to do with luck, but has everything to do with being at that one point in time and space where God desires him/her to be! This is in fact not even about walking, either for me, you or anyone else. This is about a reminder to the entire Khalsa Panth to wake up and run away from what it HAS become, towards what it, has TO become! This thread is not some public notification of any path I have suddenly awoken from slumber to realise, which i need to walk, for which I'm begging good luck from you! There is nothing personal in this thread.

This thread if you read it carefully is a poignant crystallisation of that which a lot of people in Khalsa Panth are thinking and hurting about today and a very humble endeavour to remind ourselves as one big huge family that we all have some deep reflections to make, that the prime aim of Khalsa Panth and the prime purpose of every Khalsa Panthee, is to work continously towards creating a Panth of Sant Sipahees that are the foremost servants and leaders of all of humanity. If you reread Spirit Of The Sikh , Vol 1, 2 and 3 by Professor Puran Singh, some of Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singh's essays and magnum opus, you will catch the gist of what has been shared on this thread so far.

Actually, what made me start this entire thread is a mystery by itself. I had been very troubled recently by a whole load of events affecting our Panth. Well , that by itself aint nothing new, as what else is there to ever think about, apart from thinking of ''KHALSA AKAL PURAKH KI FAUJ, PERGETEO KHALSA PARMATM KI MAUJ!!!!!!!!'---as this verse itself is enough to catapult and blast away any lame soul into the highest regions of chardi kela hehe. Anyway a few nights ago, as it has been snowing heavily in UK, I had just through Gurujee's apar kirpa, completed amrit vela nitnem and simran and as per usual lay down on my back to continue listening to simran to wade off into a little rest before continuing my day. However on this dewy snowy mysterious night, the simran got hold of me heart and started squeezing it tight with the deepest emotions of love, and then suddenly this thoughts started streaming into my mind fast and thick. Something said to me to write them down, i was being lazy and said , its cool , we'll do it tomorow, but no , a force just took hold of me and the next thing i knew i had got up, and started this thread.

Vichar, the ability to pause and reflect , to question direction, to redirect, to take stock, to accept change, to readjust the focus of the lenses of your vision, is an integral part of Sikhi , as the history of Sikhism makes it crystal clear. Without Vichar we aint getting no where either individually or collectively, thats for sure. Thats why Gurujee proclaimed SIKHI SIKHEYA, GUR VICHAR....'' This thread is about the need for vichar, amongst all of us . Of course easier said that done, becuz we all have little egos that hate getting pricked and patronised by those that dare to question our intellect and direction of thought, as well as motives and intentions that hinder the ability for a humble self restrospection.

Only five,

The words '' hardcore/missionary/religion ''are western concepts that try to box in Sikhi into convenient little boxes of definition.

There is nothing hardcore or softcore about Sikhi. Sikhi is THE core of every core, once you have familiarise yourself with the philosophy of Sikhism by reading Shree Guru Granth Sahib alongside all supporting scriptures and the lifes of our 10 Gurus. Sikhi opens your eyes to the presence of the God and the grace of eternal Guru Nanak Dev in the core of every core of every atom and sub particle in the entire universe because Sikhi grants you in time, the eyes that see beyond the realm of eyes. Sikhi has the potency to penetrate both the hardest and softest core of the intellect, imagination, emotions and pysche of any human being, as the core concepts of Sikhi challenge and interface with the mental, materialistic, spiritual and psychological make up of the HUMAN mind irrespective of race, creed and colour. Sikhi is God's answer to being human and being godly in one place!

Sikhi is not either missionary or non missionary, but Sikhi is the flower that can float on the surface of the container of any human being filled to the brim with any religous or non religous definition of himself and herself, yet dig ITS roots deeper than any other root within that person's consciousness and being. The teachings and wisdom of Shree Guru Granth Sahib are meant for any and every living creature on earth and that would be as clear as daylight once you start to read SGGS. Shree Guru Nanak Dev and our other Gurus did not sit in one place and preach to the converted, they saw human suffering and pain and need in distant places, and out of humility and love, they travelled far on foot and later on horses, to be God's answer to the suffering of mankind irrespective of race, colour, religion and creed. They presented humanity with the choice of writhing away in pain and need, or becoming Sant Sipahees or Warrior Saints. Read in Guru Gobind Singh's writings the mandate God gave HIM before HIS glorious manifestation on planet earth, not too long ago. That same mandate was imputed to the Khalsa. Guru Amardass, our 3rd Guru, infact sat up 22 manjees i.e centres for the emanation of the wisdom, care and grace of Gurujee to all mankind.

The word religion normally refers to a certain school of interpretation of spirituality and a particular mindset and way of life. But Sikhi encompasses all mindsets within its fold, all ways of life, all forms of spirituality. Gurujee holds HIS hands wide and invites all to be HIS children, to be within his HUG. Gurujee offers his fingers to be held by anyone and everyone in pain, in need, in poverty, in disease, in loneliness, in starvation. History offers no example of anyone that was kinder and humbler than Guru Nanak, anyone who embraced people from any fold, race and religion so lovingly. Likewise, history offers no example of anyone, who was braver, more generous, and more gracious than Guru Gobind Singh. When Guru Gobind Singh created Khalsa, there was no one from no race, religion, caste and creed that was denied the oppurtunity and privilege to receive Amrit and be transformed into Khalsa.

Sikhism has got nothing to do with '''get all we can get, bring two and ill give you a dollar,bring four and ten dollars is yours'' as you have said!.

Sikhism has everything to give, nothing to get, if you really get to understand the richness of Sikhism. Sikhism is THE HAND OF A GIVING GOD to this universe in need. Sikhism is not about 2 and four dollar ebay bargains. Sikhism asks for a simple, humble surrender of just yourself as a humble beggar at the feet of the Lord Of The Universe. Thats when the giving into your life starts that will baffle you as your coffers overflow. No payment is required at a sikh gurudwara, no payment is required to receive the once in a trillion lifetimes blessing of Amrit Eternal. Keep what you have, just bring yourself and you will go back with more than you could ever have dreamt of. If out of your love for Gurujee you wanna bring a rose, a carnation, some milk, some rice, even a penny thats up to you. Gurujee awaits to GIVE not to get. Gurujee has no reason to ask because Gurujee gives, gives, and gives. HE is the storekeeper and gate keeper of all of God's treasures, HE aint no beggar of your perhaps sinfully earned money.

Do read books like The Spirit Born People and 10 Masters by professor Puran Singh to get a better understanding of Sikhi , if not just read the meanings of Japjee Sahib, or Sukhmani Sahib or Tav prasad Savaiyas to get a better glimpse of Sikhism. Hehe if you cant even do, just see the entire series of Battlestar Galactica and you'll catch what i mean and if you cant even do that , just close your eyes and surrender within to the Power and Presence of Waheguru fir a long long time and all be clear as daylight that Sikhi is THE LIGHT OF THE UNIVERSE, undefinable and all encompassing!!!!!!

PJS veerjee,

WJKK.WJKF!!!

It is me that humbly begs you to, in fact, pray for murakhs like me to be in chardi kela. You do not have the faintest idea(or perhaps you probably do hehe , through Guru bakshish) how humbly i beg you for that because one passing second without chardikela makes me pass through a trillion hells of waiting for me within THAT one second as if i am going through a status level epileptic seizure!!! I know, you know what i mean. You as a gursikh are the darling, amongst so many darlings of Gurujee and your one quiet word to Gurujee, can cause Nam Power to blitz through my soul like lightning falling in a split second to the ground!!!!

Please dont in your remotest dreams think of me as gyaanvaan as my tiiny little scr*w*d brain is my greatest enemy and just cannot understand a single sentence of Gurbani. I have read i think, hundreds and thousands of books at lightning speed in my life but when it comes to SGGS and SDGGS, i am so stupid that i read one sentence and im stuck to understand it as if i have taken a spliff and cannot wake up to be aware what it means!!! I look at it again and again with so many translations scattered around me and i know its meaning something deeper than im sensing . You got no idea how silly i feel . I'm not been melodramatic but its so true.I pray to Gurujee to open my eyes to understand , of cuz HE does open me eyes , but then i shut them again!. I even go to my non Sikh friends who even may be atheists!!! and spill my confusions to get them to interpret stuff and lo and behold Gurujee sometimes hides even in them to give me a split second of understanding. PINGAL PARBAT PAAR PAREH, SUNH CHATAR BEKITAH !!!!! as mighty Gurbanee proclaims.

My state has been reduced to , as Gurbani says ----SAJAN DES VEDESRIEH , SANEOHREH DENDHEE, and mundh eyes are bherentee with tears because '' where HE is i dunno the ordinates to get there and hence, kyeo milah prabh peareh. Even on Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's agman purab , where i was singing PATNA SHEHER BIKHEH BHAV LEO, i could not resist singing SAJAN DES VEDESRIEH as my next headline shabad . O my!!! wat a good little mess and fix to be in!!!! hehe, thank you GURUJEE!! I know u like some confusion in me hehe.

Once a black Eritrean m8 of mine gave me a NY's card. Many days later i read it , and i could sense Gurujee had given me a hidden message through that orthodox christian eritrean guy!!!! BALA PREETAM SATGUR, GUR GOBIND SINGH is sometimes just that!!!-BALA PREETAM, enjoying a lit hide and seek with us, going into that which aint looking sikh, and whistling his NAAM Tune as a clue, as we keep looking for him elsewhere!!!! We just forget HE OWNS ALL AND EVERYTHING and can hideawayin and jump out of anywhere he wants hahaha. We all wanna be God's and Guru's kids but Gurbani says, sometimes God wannas be OUR kid!!!!! CHOJEE MERE GOVINDA CHOJEE MERE PIAREAH , HAR PRABH MERA CHOJEE JIO!!! WAH! makes me wanna dance , thats so ecstatic hehe.

And apnepart2 jio, the only something there is, is THE SOMETHING that is the EVERYTHING within everything, and that you know is WHO, no one apart from, our blessed beloved GURU . We are nothing because apart from HIS NAAM PULSE throbbing in us , we all are really no-thing.