The Rumalla Company

TheRumallaCo

Ms514, just that you know, I was writing my message the same time you were writing yours. So my comments were written before even your message appeared on my screen, but to Chakarvarti who mentioned about committees being corrupt etc.

True that I cann't speak on behalf of all the committees and true that no one can label all the sevadars as being corrupt either. Some people do genuinely want to do sewa and other committee/sangat members don't let them peacefully. Sad but true.

But anyways, the topic was about rummalas, so lets stay focused. I have nothing more to say as if I do, I might accidently get labeled as not being respectful to Guru Sahib.

For me (which could be different than your views), there is piyar for Guru, when you sit and listen to Guru, follow Guru, do chaur sahib, serve its creation, speard the word of Guru as much as you understood yourself, and be the better begger, not the giver of expensive clothes etc. I have nothing of my own to give to Guru anyways. Whatever I have is given by Guru anyways. as Guru Sahib said, mere kol taan bas ik Guru dee ditee rasna hai, from which I can jap naam. Guru's given feet, which can walk towards Guru. Guru's given hands, which can do sewa as much as possible. Guru's given brain, which if Guru bhave taan, can understand the Guru's shabad and speard around. Guru's given Nitnem, that my rasna can recite. WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER TO GURU anyways?? Nothing, which I can say, belongs to me.

qyrI dwiq quJY qy hovY ]

thaeree dhaath thujhai thae hovai ||

You alone give Your gifts

main kauN hundi aa, Guru nu expensive stuff bhet karn vaalee, te maaN mehsoos karn valee ke I gave such an expensive rumala sahib. NO, Guru rather keep me in gareebee avashtha. I feel much better there.

and I have nothing more to argue about. Case closed on my side.

Rumalla Co veer, Thank you for dropping by on Sikhsangat and very nice to see sensible and educated people taking care of this sikh rumalla need. If you have a website with easy ordering process then it will be easy for sangat to order. Just a suggestion from another Sikh.

Good Luck

Some lovely work there brother.

Throughout Sikh history there have been people who have done seva of very small and simple things and very large and expensive things. Just because something is cheap doesnt make it good, and just because something is expensive doesnt make it bad, and vice versa. The Guru sahibs accepted seva of all types from all people. If a poor man gives 5p cus thats all he has, then its the same as a rich man cleaning out his bank account. Neither is better or worse then the other, just different as according to the karam maharajh set out for them (in regards to wordly wealth).

When looking at history we remember the stories about how maharajh accepted small offerings, but also remember how maahrajh was given amazing horses (which when stolen he sent bhai biddhi chand ji to recover), the weapons, elephants, guns, chandoas etc given to guru gobind singh ji maharajh as well etc. Dont look at the price tag, thats up to each person for themselves, dont look at each other, we all have our seperate karam, just do what is right for your guru. Sometime maahrajh dressed as emporers, others times as simple faqirs, its maharajh maojh, they do as they please!

:)