The Story Of My Life

Guest Lost

You are lucky that u have realised the problem atleast ... many of us spend all their life without even knowing whats wrong ... you have taken the first step by looking at the problem now take the second step by solving them 1 by 1 ... dont try to solve ur problems together and within few hours ... take them one by one ... start listening to katha of maskeen ji one katha each day ... and u will learn a lot ...

I dunno, sounds like your depressed. I take it your not married, so your a young adolescent. I think it's a mixture of kaam and cognitive dissonance. Then again, that's almost every young adolescent. The problem with the sikhi that is preached today is, it's full of idealism. The problem with idealism is, once you lose faith, then your in a jam. Now, I'm not talking about faith in god, you won't lose that, you'll lose faith in yourself. It's not a pretty place to be. You're stuck in the middle, you won't do anything "bad," yet, you"ll refrain from progressing in your spiritual journey. Pick a side and pick one fast. The longer you wait the worse it'll get. You want to quit go ahead, if not, jump aboard. Don't waste time. You clearly care about sikhi, quit being so dramatic and get back in the circuit. What your doing is trying to justify an irrational behavior. The fact that you view it as irrational means you care. No offense, but sooner or later your going to have to grow up.

• 11 months later...
Guest simransingh

vir ji, just calm down,everything is in the hands of Guru ji.actually ur r a better person than me.vese amritdahria di gal vich mei moorak ki keh sakda va.par menu laga va ki thanu himat nahi harni cahidi.Guru ji ne ta bande val ik varr nadar karni hai ta bande ne tar jana eh.mera personal experince ta nahi hai par mei sunia va ki jei tusi koi ehsas karna va ta amritvele waheguru waheguru jaroor japaya karo is naam vich hi sab kugh hai.vese vir ji tusi ene vi mare nahi ho.bus Guru ji,te sikhi noo kuch galat khen te bachoo vir ji.alsal vich sab waheguru de hath vich.ko nahi ji sab kugh dhik hojaega .

Guest simransingh

vir ji mei kuj hor vi add karna chava ga.tusi amritvele de path to baad vich ja phela 10 to 15 minutes waheguru waheguru jaag lavo.te nal hi ji tusi paath bol ke karya karo.matlab paath di sound tuhaade kan paunch ni cahide hai.hor sab kugh Guru ji te chad dyo.te je tusi is post nu par laya va ta aapni age te city dasan di kirpalta karo ji.oh ik hor gal je tusi panjab vich rehende ho ta sham nu etc panjabi te gayani maskeen ji di katha andi ha uss nu sunya karo.sat sri akal vir ji.pls reply

Gurfateh ji!

This ardaas helped me at similar times - when doing normal ardaas,add in english or punjabi, that Maharaj regardless of what happens or how much dukh i go through, may i never forget u, my only ardaas is no matter how crap i feel may i never leave ur path.

Maya is clever at making u feel that sikhi and God are not worth it...but really ur saying ur not worth it. God resides within u, u are worth it hence why maharaj gave u Amrit.

I feel that u may have self esteem issues. However we feel about life, ppl and ecen God is a reflection of how we feel about urselves. maybe this is an opportunity to work on ur self. maybe the question really lies not whether ur a good sikh or not but whether u feel u are a good person.

How would u like to be?

Go with the flow...let muddy waters clear...

From a practical point of view, try to disentangle yourself from the over-abundant use of technology in your life. Having a cell phone near you when you do paath is not the best thing to do. Find a peaceful, relatively sparse room in which to do your paath at home. Turn off your phone (or put it on silent so you can't hear it ring) and then go ahead with your nitnem.

Also, introduce some structure into your life - define certain periods of the day when you will use such technology for leisure purposes. Obviously if your work involves the use of computers then there's nothing you can do about that, but I'm referring to the mindless browsing, surfing, texting, emailing, etc., outside of work / study purposes.

In terms of Sikhi, try to think back to why you took Amrit. I'm hoping that was a positive time for you. Remember what you use to do in those early days and try to introduce some of those habits into your present life. Any superfluous, unnecessary habits you've developed since then should be dropped if you are strong enough to do so.

Read some inspiring stories of Sikhs, shaheeds, bhagats, etc., and just basically chill out and try to re-connect. I find listening to shabad gurbani / kirtan is absolute bliss. You could try something similar too. I've recently realised that this kalyug age we reside in will do everything in its power to stop you from walking the true path. Doubts will enter your mind, you will feel angry, disenchanted, sad, weak, furious - all of these are designed to prevent us from undertaking that journey towards Him. Its difficult - some weeks you feel on-top-of-the-world - other weeks you feel like its just not worth it.

Good luck.