Bbc'S Hardeep Kohli Claims Kirpan Is Unnecessary

All-Info

Guys, in a fit of hysteria we can either carry on Kohli bashing (complete waste of time) or try and discuss the root of the problem of which Kohli (and probably 95% of all Sikhs) are a bi product.

6 months ago I would have agreed with Kohli, because from a common sense perspective what he’s saying seems to make sense. Now that I have taken time out to study and understand my religion, I would never agree with what Kohli said. Don’t blame Kohli and the Guardian readers for having these views, they are simply a bi product of ignorance about Sikhi.

In the first instance, the majority of Sikhs in this country would probably agree with Kohli’s views. It simply comes down to a lack of Sikh education delivered to Sikh youths (especially in the past) . Only recently has any half decent Sikhi parachar been delivered to the youth.

So whats the answer: The simple message is education, education, education….More regular Sikhi camps, open Sikh schools, talk to family and friends as much as possible about Sikhi, transform your local atheist Punjabi School to be Punjabi & Sikhi centred, give dasvand to organisations who deliver Sikh education (Khalighdar Trust, Sukrit etc etc)………..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic