Hindus Gather For The Kumbh Mela At The Ganges

Jeevan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/7222387/pictures-Hindus-gather-for-the-Kumbh-Mela-in-India-and-Maha-Shivaratri-in-Nepal.html?image=9

Can someone explain to me what this Hindu has achieved and how has it helped humanity? With Sikhism there is equality between man, woman and child, with Buddhism the path has been shown to attain Nirvana, with Jainism it espouses the virtue of not killing animals for food or clothing!

http://www.telegraph...al.html?image=9

Can someone explain to me what this Hindu has achieved and how has it helped humanity? With Sikhism there is equality between man, woman and child, with Buddhism the path has been shown to attain Nirvana, with Jainism it espouses the virtue of not killing animals for food or clothing!

He has achieved Nindya from nindaks which will help him move forward on his journey.

Guest mehtab1singh

The intention of Gurujee was to preach the truth and take people out of the darkness of blind rituals. Not a single person posting on this forum has the same intention, although mocking the beliefs of another religion is sometimes "fair game" over here. So I would request and suggest, that either the question "Can someone explain to me what this Hindu has achieved and how has it helped humanity?" be put on a Hindu forum and they be educated about the hollowness of such rituals, or we try to be better Sikhs and get on with our life.

so were the Gurus nindaks when they questioned/rejcted these acts to those who did them?Like when Guru Nanak threw water to his fields to show how useless throwing water to the sun was

Ask yourself the following questions:-

Have I ever been to Amritsar to do shnaan?

What about Hemkunt Sahib?

If you havent maybe you should! if your lucky someone will do your Nindya!

Well we Sikhs don't believe in these rituals as Guru forbid them - hollow rituals

The majority of the people going to Haridwar are not going to Haridwar to throw water at the sun as you have stated, they are going to do shnaan at the holy river. They are also going to do darshan of Sant and Sadh as this is what they have probably been told to do by their religion just as it tells us in SGGSji.

Me as a Sikh do not see anything wrong in this at all as I have been lucky enough to do shnaan at Darbar Sahib, Hemkunt Sahib and many other spiritual places. You probably have aswell but are too afraid to say just incase people start thinking your a hindu.