Bani For Marriage And Good Job

LifeIsBeautiful

I dont see why marriage is such a big deal in our community, if we are to meet God, then how does being in a relationshi assist in that?
Kids these days, they think they have it all figured out these days :rolleyes:

"if we are to meet God" - that's precisely why you won't

Guest Gupt Ji

I agree with LifeIsBeautiful marriage is not important and here is why. I respect saints (brahmgiani's) a lot and with guru's kirpa I got sangat with Sant Dalel singh Maharaj 108 virkat and now Sant Bhagwan Ji and my sister asked them is marriage a must in life to reach god and sant ji's answer was "its up to you but in no way will it help you to reach waheguru, sant ji also said that with householders life is more full of responsibilities and problems occur generally due to this that can stop you from doing part and remembering waheguru 24/7" But sant ji had nothing against marriage if you want to go for it. Also Sant Ji said bit more but I haven't got time to write all of it, if I get kirpa another time I will.

Also since my dad has retired from work I've noticed that he can only manage days of 8 hrs part only and can't progress further due to the responsibilities he has in family life, I sometimes thank waheguru for not getting married so you can work less to get money (just for yourself not like for 5 other people in a family) and spend all day doing bani/simran etc.

This below is off topic but I just wanted to write about the greatness of sant ji.

Also my dad was the first one to meet sant ji and that was a long time ago. My dad used to eat meat, drink alcohol and do no part. I asked him how come you stopped all this and started doing part, what bhachan did sant Dalel Singh Maharaj give you, he goes that I walked into the room and sant ji just looked at me thats it and he goes that he gave me such a look that day something happened which is beyond words.

Anyway I wanted to write more about sant ji's bachans but I'm running late maybe in the future sangat ji.

IK BENTI Ji- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SLANDER SANT JI HE WAS A BRAHMGIANI

PLEASE MODERATOR REMOVE SUCH COMMENTS.

Also if you knew about sant ji I mentioned above I would really like to hear what bhachans they gave you :lol:

P.S. I typed this quickly so it is full of mistakes and probably doesn't flow well so pul chuk maaf karna Ji.

P.S.S Also sangat ji I'm finding it difficult to progress further in bani/simran how can I beat sleep as I easily lose 5 hrs of part, any ideas please ji

We should focus on Bani to reduce the 'desire' for marriage. These days we should be more thankful Guru has spared us with the horror stories you here, but the desire remains nonetheless. I have the same feeling within where the desire to get married exists which defies all logic, because I have to ask myself what need is there for it? Your free from pain. hopes, disappointment etc. But even if we do get a good marriage it is just another stage in this cycle of hope and desire, we get it but are we truly satisfied? No, for me anyway the next thing to desire would be a son. We just make more bonds of attachment in this world when we should be focussing on ridding ourselves of these desires otherwise round, and round we go.

But, again its totally out of our hands, we can desire a marriage to a good spouse, but if its not in your destiny then what is there to do? And someone who has no desire to get married if it is in his or her destiny then there is nothing they can do to stop it.

But a Singh once said to me when I asked him that was marriage not in itself a sinful act because it takes us away from God, he said for some people it brings them closer to god .

In reality I don't think anyone will know what will happen and how they will act until it happens.

Sorry for the rant

Rabh Rakha

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਧੰਨਾ ॥ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਰਤਾ ॥ ਜੋ ਜਨ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰੰਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Dhannaa: O Lord of the world, this is Your lamp-lit worship service. You are the Arranger of the affairs of those humble beings who perform Your devotional worship service. ||1||Pause||

ਆਰਤਾ = ਲੋੜਵੰਦਾ, ਦੁਖੀਆ, ਮੰਗਤਾ {Skt. आर्तं}।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਵੀ ਦੇ ਪਾਲਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਦਰ ਦਾ ਮੰਗਤਾ ਹਾਂ (ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਲੋੜਾਂ ਪੂਰੀਆਂ ਕਰ); ਜੋ ਜੋ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਤੇਰੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੂੰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਕੰਮ ਸਿਰੇ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈਂ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਦਾਲਿ ਸੀਧਾ ਮਾਗਉ ਘੀਉ ॥ ਹਮਰਾ ਖੁਸੀ ਕਰੈ ਨਿਤ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਪਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀਆ ਛਾਦਨੁ ਨੀਕਾ ॥ ਅਨਾਜੁ ਮਗਉ ਸਤ ਸੀ ਕਾ ॥੧॥

Lentils, flour and ghee - these things, I beg of You. My mind shall ever be pleased. Shoes, fine clothes, and grain of seven kinds - I beg of You. ||1||

ਸੀਧਾ = ਆਟਾ। ਮਾਗਉ = ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਜੀਉ = ਜਿੰਦ, ਮਨ। ਪਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀਆ = ਜੁੱਤੀ {Skt. उपानह् }। ਛਾਦਨੁ = ਕਪੜਾ। ਨੀਕਾ = ਸੋਹਣਾ। ਸਤ ਸੀ ਕਾ ਅਨਾਜ = ਸੱਤ ਸੀਆਂ ਵਾਲਾ ਅੰਨ, ਉਹ ਅੰਨ ਜੋ ਪੈਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਸੱਤ ਵਾਰੀ ਵਾਹ ਕੇ ਪੈਦਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਵੇ।੧।

ਮੈਂ (ਤੇਰੇ ਦਰ ਤੋਂ) ਦਾਲ, ਆਟਾ ਤੇ ਘਿਉ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਜੋ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦ ਨੂੰ ਨਿੱਤ ਸੁਖੀ ਰੱਖੇ, ਜੁੱਤੀ ਤੇ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਕੱਪੜਾ ਭੀ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਤੇ ਸੱਤਾਂ ਸੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਅੰਨ ਭੀ (ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ) ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ।੧।

ਗਊ ਭੈਸ ਮਗਉ ਲਾਵੇਰੀ ॥ ਇਕ ਤਾਜਨਿ ਤੁਰੀ ਚੰਗੇਰੀ ॥ ਘਰ ਕੀ ਗੀਹਨਿ ਚੰਗੀ ॥ ਜਨੁ ਧੰਨਾ ਲੇਵੈ ਮੰਗੀ ॥੨॥੪॥

A milk cow, and a water buffalo, I beg of You, and a fine Turkestani horse. A good wife to care for my home - Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. ||2||4||

ਲਾਵੇਰੀ = ਦੁੱਧ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲੀ। ਤਾਜਨਿ ਤੁਰੀ = ਅਰਬੀ ਘੋੜੀ। ਗੀਹਨਿ = {Skt. गृहिनी} ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ। ਮੰਗੀ = ਮੰਗਿ, ਮੰਗ ਕੇ।੨।

ਹੇ ਗੋਪਾਲ! ਮੈਂ ਗਾਂ ਮਹਿੰ ਲਵੇਰੀ (ਭੀ) ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਤੇ ਇਕ ਚੰਗੀ ਅਰਬੀ ਘੋੜੀ ਭੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ। ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰਾ ਦਾਸ ਧੰਨਾ ਤੈਥੋਂ ਮੰਗ ਕੇ ਘਰ ਦੀ ਚੰਗੀ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਭੀ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ।੨।੧। ❀ ਨੋਟ: ਸੰਸਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਆਰਤ' {आर्तं} ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ 'ਦੁਖੀਆ, ਲੋੜਵੰਦ'। 'ਰਹਾਉ' ਦੀ ਤੁਕ ਅਤੇ ਬਾਕੀ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਨੂੰ ਗਹੁ ਨਾਲ ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆਂ ਭੀ ਇਹੀ ਗੱਲ ਸਿੱਧ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਰੋਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੀਆਂ ਲੋੜਾਂ ਹੀ ਮੰਗ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ। ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ "ਗੋਪਾਲ"-ਵਿਚ ਭੀ ਇਹੀ ਇਸ਼ਾਰਾ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਧਰਤੀ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਲਣ ਵਾਲਾ)। ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ।

Source: http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&Param=695

This Shabad gives us insight into the mind of a peaceful, contented and unselfish person. In this Shabad, Bhagat Dhanna Jee only asks God for most essential things of a daily household life. Here he does not indicate any intention of misappropriation. All he is asking God for is just basic necessities of life. In nutshell, here he does not ask for a life of self-indulgence. The problem with most of us is that we over indulge and then in greed and selfishness misappropriate everything in life. For example if we have enough to eat and wear, still many of us want to take, steel, and embezzle from rest of the society. Even if one has wife, still many want to covet others' women. If one has sufficient mode of transportation to his disposal, he is still unsatisfied and wants more (prior to automobiles, planes etc., horse was one of the modes of transportation; especially Turkistaanee horses were popular). Thus, just as a life of self-mortification, a life of self-indulgence also would lead one far away from linking with God. Taamasic quality increases if we eat unnatural foods or if we eat too much, filling the mind with Bikaars (the mind's corrupt tendencies).

Source: http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart256.htm

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

boys/girls (I guess mainly boys), who are against marriage, have you ever thought that if your dad didn't marry your mom, you were not going to be born and then one soul (yours) were going to be moving around to be getting chance to born in a sikh family and get chance at uniting with GOD by doing naam simran.

I married, and I think thats the best thing to do in life. I married, and now according to Guru Sahib's will, I have 2 kids which are born after I had anand karaj according to Guru's mariyada. Those 2 kids are souls. And Guru Sahib chose them to be born in our house so that we can raise them according to sikhi values and bring them closer at uniting with almighty. is marriage or having kids (responsibilites associated with) are stopping me from doing my banis. No. If thats how salvation was attained, Guru Nanak Dev jee didn't have to come back after his udasies and could have just meditated in some jungle. BUT no he came back, had wedding, had kids, worked in farms.

Do NOT take it the wrong way that marriage is in the way of uniting with GOD.

Yes, i would agree that Kaam is in the way of uniting with GOD, which you can have to its peak, even if you don't marry.

Grihsit jeevan is best to teach you in life. What you learn from staying in jungles anyways. By not marrying and hence not having kids, you are not going according to the karmic life cycle GOD has created. Universe is a life cycle.

THink, if all the sikhs became selfish and focused only on being focused on themselves, are they giving other souls chance to be born?? Aren't other souls going to get pushed to be born in slums etc then. How are you helping the life cycle.

I rather be out there and helping the community doing sewa, teaching kids, raising my own kids the sikh values while other kids treating as my own kids as well. I rather take on more responsibilities and help the society to get more towards getting out of life cycle than only myself.

my views, you don't have to agree.

Personally, I find it highly annoying when I hear such questions (hence my first rather crude reply).

I don't care what anyone says, even if they are a "sant". Bhai Gurdaas jee puts an end to any debate regarding marraige.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=6853

pMCIAn mY hMs imRg rwjn mY swrdUl

pa(n)shheean mai ha(n)s mrig raajan mai saaradhoola

In birds, the swan [is supreme]; in animals, the Lion [is supreme]

rwgn mY isrIrwgu pwrs pKwn hY ]

raagan mai sireeraag paaras pakhaan hai ||

In Raaga's, Sri Raag [is supreme]; in stones, the Philosopher's stone [is supreme]

igAWnn mY igAwnu Aru iDAwnn mY iDAwn gur

giaaa(n)nan mai giaan ar dhhiaanan mai dhhiaan gura

In all Knowledge and in all thoughts, knowledge and thoughts on The Guru [is supreme]

skl Drm mY igRhsqu pRDwn hY ]376]

sakal dhharam mai grihasath pradhhaan hai ||376||

[in the same fashion,] In all Dharma, the way of a [religious] householder is supreme.

Guest Guest

lol, if people didn't get married, then how would the human race carry on? How could there be more Sikhs? By having Gursikhs getting married and having kids, means they are spreading sikhi on to the next generation. But thats not up to us anyway. Guruji blesses you with that, if he so pleases. If you don't like the idea of getting married, its probably just one of those "stages" your going through, you'll change your minds later on. Most of them do. Its just an ego thing. Just focus on God, whatever God wants for you to happen, you will receive.