Questioning Sikhi...

ISingh123

thank you for the responses. they really are helping, if i can beleive in sikhi becuase it makes sense in my own mind, i think it will make me a much better person than being a sikh just becuase i was born into it. Thank you for the great posts becuase they really are giving me alot to conder.. and keep em coming if you can :p!

No, we stop after a while, after we said what had to be said :-))

we move on to new topics, new questions to be answered etc. etc.

You sit back and do all that giyan collection stuff.

But have a thing in your mind that God exists and SIKHI would help you see it.

You know how I satisfy my doubts. If ever I doubt anything in gurbani, I ask my self "Am I more learned than GURU SAHIB?" And answer always comes from within me " NO WAY".

Thats it, thats all I need to know.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhi is different from other religions, sikhi is , a way of life........its not about numbers, Guru ji doesnt need a big 'religion', its actually our personal choice, do we want to walk the path of Khalsa, if not then no one can help you , no saint , nobody.......

there was a purpose for Guru Nanak Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji, it was the Hukam of Akaal Purakh to establish a panth, a marayada, of Truth within kaljug, where there is so much sin. God created us out of piyaar. we should create Love for God, Jin Prem Kiyo tin hi prabh paeo ... our birth on earth is part of a journey, but we start establishing ourselves here, as if we are here to stay, we forget the creator and just enjoy the creation, and get attached to things, this takes us further away from God, and realisation, thus our ignorance over the existence of God!!!

.. we meditate on God's name, Va He Gu Ru, first waking at Amrit Vela after washing our body, then we meditate, this 'washes' our mind, it clears our karma , it brings clarity, it clears the blocks in our life and allows us to connect with the universe and develop our relationship with the creator and the creation.

by practising this we can have the experience of elevation, our mind, body , soul can experience spirituality, we become Chardi kala, in our life we will experience God. As you become more connected to your soul, all the answers will come to you, and you will find that whenever you have a question, then you will find the answer come to you, and you will have the capacity to recognise that answer...

one thing I have learnt is that when you have doubts, when you look around and search for answers then you will probably never satisfy your mind.

but by following in the footsteps of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and other Shaheed Singhs, by reciting Nitnem, by reading Gurbani, by waking at Amrit Vela like they did, we can experience exactly what they did.

The key thing to note is that we need to experience it for ourselves, not rely on what people say, your relationship with Guru ji is very personal. Guru ji is always near to you, try talking to him, try doing ardas, do a benti, humble yourself, love everyone around you, show kindness and compassion in everything, that is what a Sikh is.

Always remember that the creator is within his creation, learn to love and recognise the presence of God, and every act , every thought, every word you speak, make it holy and graceful as you are in the presence of the Lord.

Love and Light to All

ISingh123 jee, i am happy your response is so positive. Keep sharing with us how you feel, what you are considering, how things are making sense so we know how to answer and help you more. Always here for you . Some people who have answered you here like Amarjit Kaur are very very inspiring Sikhs who you can even message in private on here who will help you on a 1 to 1 basis.

ISingh123 jee, i am happy your response is so positive. Keep sharing with us how you feel, what you are considering, how things are making sense so we know how to answer and help you more. Always here for you . Some people who have answered you here like Amarjit Kaur are very very inspiring Sikhs who you can even message in private on here who will help you on a 1 to 1 basis.

Veerji, the sookhasham ego gets pumped up by these comments, so help to shut it up, don't give it room to grow, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

The only thing which scares me most is Ego (haumai), it looks for ways to enter into a person in billion ways.