Sikh Federation Uk? British Sikh Federation?

Azaad

I know of an organisation called the Sikh Federation UK which was which created after the International Sikh Youth Federation was banned in the UK and it's current chairman being Bhai Amrik Singh Gill.

However recently in newspapers such as Des Pardes and Panjab Times there have been advertisements for an organisation which claims to be Sikh Federation UK aswell.

The names underneath the advertisements are Ajitpal Singh (President) Nachattar Singh, Balwinder Singh, Parminder Singh Bal & Joginder Singh

Another organisation which has advertisements in these papers is the British Sikh Federation run by a Kashmir Singh LLB.

Does anyone have any information on these organisations that they could share with the Sangat??

I know of an organisation called the Sikh Federation UK which was which created after the International Sikh Youth Federation was banned in the UK and it's current chairman being Bhai Amrik Singh Gill.

However recently in newspapers such as Des Pardes and Panjab Times there have been advertisements for an organisation which claims to be Sikh Federation UK aswell.

The names underneath the advertisements are Ajitpal Singh (President) Nachattar Singh, Balwinder Singh, Parminder Singh Bal & Joginder Singh

Another organisation which has advertisements in these papers is the British Sikh Federation run by a Kashmir Singh LLB.

Does anyone have any information on these organisations that they could share with the Sangat??

The Sikh Federation (UK) was set up in September 2003 and the web site is www.sikhfederation.com. Each year the organisation produces an annual highlights booklet in September detailing its activities over the previous 12 months. This organisation is well known for holding regular events in Gurdwaras, organising campaigns (e.g. Census 2011), lobbies in Parliament and dealing with the mainstream media.

Parminder Singh Bal (from Slough/Southall) disassociated himself from the Sikh Federation (UK) around 4 to 5 years ago as he wished to work with the likes of Jaswant Singh Thekedhar - he was inside the Miri Piri Gurdwara a couple of weeks ago and is a Ragi Darshan supporter. He started writing letters in Des Pardes and quoted International Sikh Federation (UK) - a made up organisation. Every year they produce an annual ad detailing who are its 'leaders' - all from in and around Southall. They may issue one or two other ads each year for the likes of Des Pardes. This is a paper based organisation that has never held a Gurdwara event for the last 4/5 years and is simplying known for letters and ads in the Panjabi papers.

British Sikh Federation (BSF) has been around since 1969. They are a campaign group with reps from many organisations - mainly interested in issues concerning the Sikh identity. I think only 1 person holds any position - Kashmir Singh is the General Secretary. Have never known it to hold meetings of its executive (if it has one), never held any Gurdwara events, but Kashmir sometimes speaks at Gurdwaras, deals with mainstream media etc. Kashmir Singh has been writing on discussion forums backing Ragi Darshan, old Nanakashai Calendar etc. - not sure on what authority he has been writing with regards the BSF. The BSF does have a web site and email address controlled by Kashmir Singh.

British sikh federation is an anti sikh organization that has no belief in sikh scritpures.It writes against Dasam Granth sahib

and its chairman Kashmir singh sends emails to various individuals propagating aginst sikh scriptures. He used to send such

nasty emalis to me...

Is this parminder Bal same person who was in jail and was to be deported from UK.

These are traitor organizations and are created to deceive sangat.It is good Jagtar singh ji has explained about them.

I agree with you guys. There is alot of deception around. We should be very careful nowadays about sikh organisations. We should look into what each sikh organisation which claims to be panthic is up to. Sikh Federation is ok however I would question some of their past actions. for example that time they backed and supported that Sikh lady prison officer that was sacked from up north somewhere. They made a big mistake by backing her that time because the real reason for her being sacked was later revealed by Sikh Gursikh inmates who were serving time for sewa to the panth  and who witnessed her lustful sins. The real reason for her sacking was because of her innapropriate activities and not the reasons stated by the prison service which were covered up by the prison service. Later it served to embarrass those who had backed her when the truth came out. Everyone makes mistakes but I think each sikh organisation should be careful of who it backs and should assess the situation first. I liked their recent programme on sikh channel though.

Heres the link to the news report for those of you who are confused as to which lady im reffering to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199852/Woman-prison-officer-forced-job-sexy-demands-payout.html

I also think that sikh organisations should have distinct names, it all gets so confusing to me.

I agree with you guys. There is alot of deception around. We should be very careful nowadays about sikh organisations. We should look into what each sikh organisation which claims to be panthic is up to. Sikh Federation is ok however I would question some of their past actions. for example that time they backed and supported that Sikh lady prison officer that was sacked from up north somewhere. They made a big mistake by backing her that time because the real reason for her being sacked was later revealed by Sikh Gursikh inmates who were serving time for sewa to the panth  and who witnessed her lustful sins. The real reason for her sacking was because of her innapropriate activities and not the reasons stated by the prison service which were covered up by the prison service. Later it served to embarrass those who had backed her when the truth came out. Everyone makes mistakes but I think each sikh organisation should be careful of who it backs and should assess the situation first. I liked their recent programme on sikh channel though.

Heres the link to the news report for those of you who are confused as to which lady im reffering to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199852/Woman-prison-officer-forced-job-sexy-demands-payout.html

I also think that sikh organisations should have distinct names, it all gets so confusing to me.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This came as news to me and others. To my knowledge SFUK has never been involved in supporting the woman in question. However, it could be possible that SF members locally (somewhere in the West Midlands I assume) may have supported her. I would welcome information off-line so I can get it checked out - what support was provided and why!

British sikh federation is an anti sikh organization that has no belief in sikh scritpures.It writes against Dasam Granth sahib

and its chairman Kashmir singh sends emails to various individuals propagating aginst sikh scriptures. He used to send such

nasty emalis to me...

Is this parminder Bal same person who was in jail and was to be deported from UK.

These are traitor organizations and are created to deceive sangat.It is good Jagtar singh ji has explained about them.

Kashmir Singh is the General Secretary of the BSF and from Cheltenham. He mainly speaks in English and his knowledge of Punjabi is limited - do not therefore take him seriously on issues where his knowledge is lacking.

It was Karamjit Singh who was in jail and was to be deported many years ago. European Court of Human Rights stopped his deportation. He disappeared off the Sikh scene when he was released. He was associated with Parminder Singh Bal when they took control of Havelock Road Gurdawra in Southall. In the Southall Gurdwara elections around 18 months ago the Bal group stood as a third group and got 50-100 votes - showing their total lack of support where they are based!

Jagtar singh ji

Thanks for so much information.

There is anotehr character called Debinderjit singh.Most probably he is an engineer.He writes against dasam Granth.Is he associated

with sikh federation as i read his name somewhere appearing in sikh federation. Most probably there are two debeinderjit singhs by

the same name.