Why does Khalistan matter anways?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

There is an issue in Saudi Arabia that Khalistan must work towards preventing if it truly will be a combination of church and state. Many terrorist factions, fundamentalist islamics, if you will, act out in the name of Allah and appropriate very narrow minded beliefs and values that demonize other cultures and people. It's negative prevalence has led to many terrorist acts within the Saudi Empire and across the Muslim world. (We have all heard the recent news of the occupiers that are being attacked all over the middle east as a result of these fanatics).

I think that one of the main reasons that the Saudi Government, and many countries of the middle east are held back in apprehending many of these individuals and squashing public sermons propagating fundamentalist views is the fact that the Saudi Government, as well as many Arab nations base their consititution integrally on the Qur'an.

Here's my reasoning: The government upholds the laws of the Qur'an which to them are steadfast, absolute and indisputable. All laws and regulations are derived (for better or worse, from the Qur'an). When a terrorist faction uses the same religious scripture as its justification for the assaults it carries out, the government is put almost immediately in a deadlock. I'm sure this is solely on the principle that varying thought and interpretation on something that is understood as absolute amongst many muslims, can lead to religious war.

I think that this is prevalent in many religions. St. Luther allowed Christians to interpret their religion in different ways and saw to the end of th

e dominance of the Roman Catholic Church. But many different sects of Christianity exist today, and encompass 66 different scriptures. There is heated warfare between Presbytarians and Prodestants in Ireland as an example.

Maybe to secure that Khalistan does not fall victim to such warfare amongst those that treat Sikhism fundamentally or moderately, (evidence of this is already prevalent today), we should discuss approaches to appease varying sects into some common understanding.

I treat this with all seriousness as Sikhism as with many faiths, communicates absolution through our Immortal Guru Granth Sahib Ji via writen dialogue. We all have the freedom to read a word and see it differently, because in one respect we are all different individuals and bring different backgrounds to our faith. A country that is led by the Immortal Guru Granth Sahib deserves our attention to this matter as we should try and convey universalism in the Khalsa society when it comes to the understanding of our faith.

An obvious solution may be to rectify schools sponsored by the many Gurudwaras in Khalistan. But when absolution is decreed via our Holy Immortal Guru, it sometimes cannot be equally made evident to students from a teacher, no matter how well versed that individual may be in our religion. Should we assign a single Sikh that decrees exactly what the Guru Granth Sahib Ji explains and teach that to teachers who then convey it to the masses? This is not unlike the beginnings of the Roman-Catholic Church and its institution as the head of state. And it spurred the beginning of segregation amongst one religion, which I personally view as the separation of absolution from the religion itself.

Any ideas as to how we can avoid this?

On a side note, I'd like to here your views on this:

If a religion sides with absolute truth, (as most do) then shouldn't its discource be interpreted one way? If it isn't, does that mean that because the truth is understood differently by any

one person, the religion fails to justify itself as the true path?

We can universalize this to any philosophy. Should anything written that sides with absolute truth need stories, and other literary devices to promote absolution? If it is so evident, why 'sugar it up' to get it across? Can any form of literature be absolute truth?

I personally believe that the Immortal Guru Granth Sahib Ji is no book but the words of all our Gurus made unerasable by time. But I refuse to believe that any one of us Sikhs can fully understand the True meaning of its dialogue. Do you agree?

Thank you.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

"

So any views at all?